Email Deliverability

Envigo

Frequency cap exception list

SOLVE

Greetings, 

We have emails we send out weekly, sometimes as many as 3 per week. We do our best to keep our audience very targeted so we are not exceeding our limits with our users. However our marketing team is sent each email and would like to get said email each time.   We keep the frequency cap check box active so we stay in good graces with email servers and such but that ends up having a negative impact for our marketing team. What I mean by that is by the 3rd email our own team has been suppressed by the frequency cap limiter.

Is there a way to create an exception list that is always sent to no matter how many emails are sent? I wondered if we added our team members individually instead of as a list would if HubSpot would know that we mean those people to be of higher send importance than our normal lists?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Envigo,

There are a few ways to approach this. The easiest, I'd say, is to use the Send to more option of emails. Find your email, click Actions > Send to more:

karstenkoehler_0-1629433324672.png

You can then select the list of your marketing team contacts and uncheck the "Enable send frequency cap for this send" box.

karstenkoehler_1-1629433401936.png

Alternatively, if you create a web version of your email, you can simply share the link of that via Teams, Slack etc. with your team.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Envigo

SOLVE

Thank you both for your answer, @karstenkoehler I looked in to your solution and I see that option for emails that are non AB test or timezone send. That is great! I can keep this in mind for emails that qualify for regular batch criteria.

@webdew Thank you for your reply, The marketing team is opening all the emails they get, (when they get them) I think your response is more geared to the low engagement filter. We have quite a few people who fall in to that but none on our marketing team.  I can clone the original email and label it internally as a marketing send if we send it again.

Thank you both for your responses!

Danny

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Envigo ,

Are the marketing team opening the emails or are they leaving it unopened? 

As I don’t have this information, I will try to share the both possible solutions- 

One solution would be to ask the team to open the marketing emails they recieve, so the back-end system will recognise that they are engaged contacts and continue to send the emails to them. To your question, there isn't an exception list. One workaround would be to resend the same marketing email to the list of internal members, and select the option to send to unengaged contacts so that they will definitely can the email.

Just to clarify, when I type "resend the marketing email", I mean you can clone and resend the email.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Envigo,

There are a few ways to approach this. The easiest, I'd say, is to use the Send to more option of emails. Find your email, click Actions > Send to more:

karstenkoehler_0-1629433324672.png

You can then select the list of your marketing team contacts and uncheck the "Enable send frequency cap for this send" box.

karstenkoehler_1-1629433401936.png

Alternatively, if you create a web version of your email, you can simply share the link of that via Teams, Slack etc. with your team.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes