Email Deliverability

KBrue
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

Everyone - please look at your OPEN RATES by RECIPIENT COMPANY - MAJOR ISSUE FOUND

SEE IF YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM. 

It's not just my company - another company has this problem. Open rates are dropping in the last couple of months. BUT - if you export your lists and look at OPENS by COMPANY - there might be WHOLE COMPANIES with 0 opens (some of our companies have 100+ recipients, and 0 opens). Please check!! Seems some major filters have been put in place, we can't figure it out. (our clients are in pharma)

KBrue_0-1642017209051.png

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Everyone - please look at your OPEN RATES by RECIPIENT COMPANY - MAJOR ISSUE FOUND

Hi @KBrue,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

The dropping email open rates might be a consequence of the rollout of Apple iOS 15's new privacy protection features. According to Apple, “Mail Privacy Protection hides your IP address, so senders can’t link it to your other online activity or determine your location. And it prevents senders from seeing if and when you’ve opened their email.” Mail privacy protection affects any email opened from the Apple Mail app on any device, no matter which email service is used such as Gmail or a work address. As a consequence, a large chunk of email audiences become untrackable. 

Here are two resources that explain this change in more detail: 

As we're still investigating how exactly this impacts email marketing metrics, I recommend following this Community thread where other users are sharing their experiences and workarounds. 

If you would like to address specific incosistencies in reporting, I would like to ask you to reach out to our Support via your HubSpot account, as direct access to technical support is included in your subscription. The team will be glad to have a closer look at the reports in your account. Thank you!

Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings