Ensuring set of post booking event emails are delivered before the event

SusanThacker
Participant | Partner

Hi All,

I have a question regarding sending a set of 6 emails ahead of events in 2020. Some important points to mention:

- Bookings are received at different times

- All 6 pre event emails should be sent to each person (the emails are generic and not event specific)

- There are multiple events with different start dates

Is there any magical way I can pull this into 1 workflow? I know the booking date (trigger) and I know the event start date.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Sue

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
DanielSanchez
Key Advisor

Hi @SusanThacker ,

U can create one workflow "centered on the date" per event, and send e-mails with rule that XX days before event. Look one example:

workflow-centered-date.jpg

workflow-2.jpg

Obs: with the workflow u can too change one property of contact, add to a list, other workflow, and others actions.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best regards! 🙂 

0 Upvotes
SusanThacker
Participant | Partner

Thanks for the reply Daniel. I have used that before, my issue here is that I want to ensure all emails are delivered between the sign up date and event date. For example, the contact my sign up after everyone else has received email 1. 

0 Upvotes
DanielSanchez
Key Advisor

Hi @SusanThacker ,

U can create one workflow:

Trigger: if contact is alread in Workflow 1, and didnt received Email1

Action: Send Email1

Now, u will have 2 workflows for event. I don't know if there is a better way to do it, but I see no other way to send 6 emails before the date of the event, but ensuring that anyone who enters after the criteria of sending the first still receive them.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best Regards!