Email Deliverability

Davidobi

Emails sent in hubspot goes to spam

SOLVE

I created an email add and when I tested it, all the emails went into the Spam folder. Please, can it be worked on??

1 Accepted solution
Zakiya
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey Davidobi!

There are a few steps you can take to make sure test emails make it to your inbox instead of the spam folder. 

It is important to note that all test emails are sent from noreply@hubspot.com, to protect your email deliverability rates. But when you send the email to your contacts, it will be sent with the From name and From address you've specified. To help these emails reach your inbox, try allowlisting those addresses and HubSpot's sending IPs. It would also help to mark those emails as not spam in your email account. Check out this KB doc for more. 

Another thing worth noting is that ESPs (email-marketing service providers) do not have control over where your emails land once they've been sent. A number of factors affect inbox placement, primarily your sender reputation. Following email deliverability best practices will go a long way in building up your reputation! 

Learn more about delivery vs. deliverability here.

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17
startetm

SOLVE

Hey @Davidobi  , not sure if you're still having this issue but I was having the same issue and when I enabled 2 factor authentication on my account it fixed the email spam issue. 

I hope this helps! 

0 Upvotes
Send-It

SOLVE

What: The emails I send thru HubSpot are ending up in the spam folder.

So What: I need to get a SPF records and DKIM records from you (Hubspot) to include in my DNS records.

Now What: The link you provide above does not provide these records and talks about allow listing on the side of the receiver.

0 Upvotes
DeliveryByJess
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@Send-It 

You can find information on connecting an email sending domain to authenticate for DKIM and adding an include statement for HubSpot in your SPF record in these knowlegede base articles:

Connect your email sending domain

Add HubSpot to your SPF record

Please note that connecting an email sending domain requires a paid marketing subscriotion (Marketing Starter or above).

Even when mail is authenticated using DKIM and SPF, mail may still be routed to the spam folder for some recipients.  Asking contacts to allow list your email sending domain and IPs can sometimes help to surface mail to the primary inbox - but please note that every inbox provider and private mail server will use unique and private criteria to detemine how a message is filtered following delivery.    If you would like to connect with contacts to ask that they allow list your account's sending IPs, you can find instructions to find the IPs for your account here. 

HarrisonBaron
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

I just started having an issue with sending emails. Not sure why but they are going to spam when I send them through hubspot.

Started within the last week or so.

Can anyone help?

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @HarrisonBaron ,

Welcome to the Community! I would like to share this knowledge base article here , with more information about it.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Curious to know how you tested.

- see Email Deliverability

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Zakiya
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey Davidobi!

There are a few steps you can take to make sure test emails make it to your inbox instead of the spam folder. 

It is important to note that all test emails are sent from noreply@hubspot.com, to protect your email deliverability rates. But when you send the email to your contacts, it will be sent with the From name and From address you've specified. To help these emails reach your inbox, try allowlisting those addresses and HubSpot's sending IPs. It would also help to mark those emails as not spam in your email account. Check out this KB doc for more. 

Another thing worth noting is that ESPs (email-marketing service providers) do not have control over where your emails land once they've been sent. A number of factors affect inbox placement, primarily your sender reputation. Following email deliverability best practices will go a long way in building up your reputation! 

Learn more about delivery vs. deliverability here.

murray
Contributor

SOLVE

I have the same issue. I am using the free email marketing package. I have sent several test emails to both gmail and outlook accounts and have the following results:

- Test emails (from noreply@hubspot.com) work on both gmail and outlook accounts

- Live emails (sent as tests to recipients well known to me from my own domain email) reach inboxes for Gmail BUT are junked for outlook (including for my OWN email)

Kinda an issue since I plan to send emails to enterprise outlook addresses. 

Please advise. 

Thank you

Bweber
Participant

SOLVE

I send emails using a From address of one of our domain email addresses.   I was able to get this working once I added a Hubspot IP address to our SPF record.   We also have a DKIM record and DMARC record in our DNS. 

Office 365 will regularly send emails from no-reply email addresses from email sending programs like Hubspot and Mailchimp to the spam folder.   

Barry

0 Upvotes
NKretz
Participant

SOLVE

Is that just what you copy from the the Website settings of Hubspot? Or do you need to put in an actual Hubspot Marketing IP address? Is it possible to see an example?

Thanks,

Nick

0 Upvotes
murray
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks Barry,

I don't think this is the problem I am experiencing. 

The issue seems to be that emails sent from murray@mydomain.com are going to junk. The test emails (from noreply@hubspot.com) land ok. 

I am testing this with a few other email addresses and getting similar results; the campaign email from @mydomain.com is being blocked. Especially troubling as these are supposed to be recipients used to receiving emails from my domain. 

This looks like a Hubspot issue to me. 

Looking forward to a resolution from Hubspot. 

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @murray 

Could you please try the steps that @Bweber suggested, adding HubSpot to your SPF record and allowlist your sending IPs on HubSpot.

Let us know how that works.

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes
murray
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Pam

It looks like SPF & DMARC records are available only to paid subscriptions. So not much help there at this stage. (strange decision to take as essential functionality shouldnt be an up-sell feature. makes me question the product rather than want to get further involved)

My domain is with namecheap, so I have identified hubspot allowlist IPs and added them to namecheap. (note that the bulk 'copy to clipboard' function did not work, I needed to add individually. Further the /XX suffix to each IP could not be added). 

I'll wait for changes to take place and retest and update here. 

Regards

Murray

0 Upvotes
murray
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Pam

Not change in result. Hubspot marketing email to outlook still went to spam. Allowlisting did not seem to work. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Regards

Murray

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @murray  I would need more information as screenshots of the steps you took, what was the Ip's you allowlisted, and what email that was sent went to spam.

Were you able to mark as "not spam" on that inbox and check if this issue persists?

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes
murray
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Pam,

The issue seems to be with the server(s) being used. some of my test recipients are unmasking the hubspot sending domain (bf02.hubspotfree.net)  whose DNS is likely causing the issue. 

Further, it looks like the only way around this is to get a dedicated DNS / or one with improved reputation, which I'm guessing is only available on your more expensive plans. My marketing list is always going to be small but highly targeted...so I can't afford either the $$$ per month or the ### going to spam. 

Regards 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Email-Deliverability/Re-Email-get-direclty-into-spam/td-p/311083

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Free-Email-Beta/All-my-outgoing-marketing-emails-are-going-to-spam/...

Bweber
Participant

SOLVE

We have the same issue with the free version of Hubspot marketing.   We've tested using the same content and emailing with a Microsoft Word mail merge without a problem.   I believe the issue is that we need to update our SPF record with the entry for the Hubspot servers but that requires a paid version of Hubspot marketing.

Barry

0 Upvotes