Email Deliverability

RRoumieh

Emails not delivered but show as opened

SOLVE

Hello Community,

I set up a contact list specifically for

testing marketing emails prior to sending them out. The list contains 3 contacts.

2 test attempts so far and none were delivered but on my end of HubSpot, all show that they had been opened.

then I added another email to the list. Also a gmail account, and only that account received the mail and not the others but this time only the one that was delivered showed as opened but not the others.. 

I can't seem to have a logical explanation to what's happening.

Any idea what's going on? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RRoumieh,

HubSpot's email tracking is based on invisible one-pixel images. If a recipient has blocked images in their email client (or other privacy protection extensions running in their browser), HubSpot will not recognize the email open.

Links are tracked differently, see here, and doesn't require images to load. That's why an email might show as not opened but clicked.

In my experience and according to other users, HubSpot will notice this discrepancy and update the email to show as opened after some time.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
AIvkovic

SOLVE

Are the email addresses you are using on IOS? maybe it's showing as "opened" due to the new IOS modifications?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RRoumieh,

HubSpot's email tracking is based on invisible one-pixel images. If a recipient has blocked images in their email client (or other privacy protection extensions running in their browser), HubSpot will not recognize the email open.

Links are tracked differently, see here, and doesn't require images to load. That's why an email might show as not opened but clicked.

In my experience and according to other users, HubSpot will notice this discrepancy and update the email to show as opened after some time.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes