Email Deliverability

JDemoDN

Emails from Hubspot being rejected by our Google Domain

SOLVE

hello, we have our domain running on Google Workspace for email. I have noticed that any email coming from hubspot is being rejected by Google. If i look at the logs it says 

550-5.7.26 Unauthenticated email from nysba.org is not accepted due to domain's 550-5.7.26 DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of nysba.org domain 550-5.7.26 if this was a legitimate mail.

I have already spoke to my google support and they said there is nothing we can do and we have to contact the sender. Since most if not all of these emails are being sent through hubspot is there anything that can be done?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JDemoDN,

With this added context, I would probably look into the forwarding first thing. You're auto-forwarding mass emails, I can see how that can cause authentication issues and your Google Workspace's negative reaction. You might have to find another solution than this auto-fowarding.

You can easily check this by subscribing to any HubSpot newsletter (which comes from HubSpot) directly with one of your Google Workspace addresses. If that goes through, it's apparently the auto-forwarding that's causing the issue.

Google Workspace likely thinks that someone (your autoforwarder)'s trying to impersonate another company (the original sender).

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
JDemoDN

SOLVE

The log i posted is saying it was rejected because Google no longer accepts Unauthenticated email as of November 2022. All these hubspot marketing mass mailer emails are coming back as unauthenticated. Google support has advised me that I have to contact the Sender of these emails as there is nothing i can do on my side.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JDemoDN,

HubSpot is not automatically taking care of sending domain settings for you. You need to connect your email sending domain and check whether your DMARC / DKIM is set up correctly.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/domains-and-urls/connect-your-email-sending-domain

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/can-i-use-a-dmarc-policy-with-hubspot

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JDemoDN

SOLVE

so your saying i need to contact each sending domain individually that is being rejected and ask them to fix their DMARC/DKIM setup?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JDemoDN,

Are you referring to marketing emails from other companies sent to you? That wasn't clear to me.

I'm receiving HubSpot emails perfectly fine through my Google Workspace, which would mean it's a workspace setting?

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
JDemoDN

SOLVE

yes we are actually forwarding emails from a users Microsoft 365 account to his account on our Google Domain. And the marketing mass emails that are being rejected incoming to our Google Workspace domain are all powered by Hubspot from looking at the headers.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JDemoDN,

With this added context, I would probably look into the forwarding first thing. You're auto-forwarding mass emails, I can see how that can cause authentication issues and your Google Workspace's negative reaction. You might have to find another solution than this auto-fowarding.

You can easily check this by subscribing to any HubSpot newsletter (which comes from HubSpot) directly with one of your Google Workspace addresses. If that goes through, it's apparently the auto-forwarding that's causing the issue.

Google Workspace likely thinks that someone (your autoforwarder)'s trying to impersonate another company (the original sender).

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JDemoDN,

Have you set up a DMARC policy? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/can-i-use-a-dmarc-policy-with-hubspot

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
JDemoDN

SOLVE

Do i need a DMARC policy setup for receiving emails to my domain? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JDemoDN,

The status code / notice from Google Workspace is referring to the DMARC policy. Without access to your workspace, it's impossible to evaluate your settings and what the reasons might be so the error message is the best clue and it is asking for adjustments on the DMARC policy.

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes