Email Deliverability

whitneyv

Email took 6 hours to send

SOLVE

Sent an email yesterday to approx 7500 recipients around 11:15am. Some recipients did not receive it until 3:30pm, others not until past 6:00pm. Is there a reason an email would take this long to be delivered? I would love to prevent this in the future.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

@whitneyv if the "Sent" time is strangely delayed, then I'd recommend reaching out to HubSpot support to confirm what's going on.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
whitneyv

SOLVE

When I go into Recipients and look at the details, it is showing many of the emails "sent" at the time the email was actually sent (and delivered approx 1-2 mins later), but many others don't show as "sent" until 4 hours later (example here). Would this align with the answer provided above re: being on the ISP side?

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 8.43.13 AM.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

@whitneyv if the "Sent" time is strangely delayed, then I'd recommend reaching out to HubSpot support to confirm what's going on.

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @whitneyv,

Did you by any chance send this based on recipient time zones?

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/marketing-email/schedule-emails-based-on-recipient-time-zones

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
whitneyv

SOLVE

No, I wasn't aware of that feature until now actually! This email wasn't even scheduled ahead of time, but simply sent on the spot.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

@whitneyv then it seems like this is an issue on the ISP side. HubSpot doesn't have control over how the receiving end handles email and I could imagine that sometimes emails are being held back for a bit: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/marketing-email/understand-email-sending-in-hubspot

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes