Email Deliverability

sofoscapital

Email sending locked - please reinstate

SOLVE

We're a private equity firm trying out HubSpot as our CRM. We signed up for the free version of your product to test it out and began sending emails to the people from whom we source our potential investment deals. As you can see from the open rate on successfully delivered emails, we're getting good engagement. However, the database we uploaded and began to email had more outdated (and therefore incorrect) email addresses than we were aware of. We would have happily run the database through an email validation tool, but were unaware such tools existed until talking (just now) to your sales team. Before sending a single additional email we will run our entire contact database through a validation tool. We are generally satisfied with HubSpot and would like to continue using it as our CRM, but cannot do so unless you restore our ability to send emails. If you'd like us to prove that we've run our database through a validation tool or take any other steps before reinstating our ability to send emails, we're happyy to do so. The actions that led to our email sending capabilties being suspended were completely innocent mistakes, not intentional. Had your email sending wizard / test process guided us towards a validation tool we would have used it.

2 Accepted solutions
Zakiya
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @sofoscapital

We take marketing email and deliverability very seriously. To help users get marketing emails to the primary inbox, we have automated deliverability protection systems designed to help maintain a healthy network reputation and high rates of email deliverability for users. Our systems have detected an abnormally high hard bounce rate on recent email campaigns in this account. As a result, marketing email sending was suspended.

Email suspensions due to exceeding HubSpot's acceptable thresholds in HubSpot Marketing Free accounts cannot be remediated. Email sending will remain locked moving forward. You may continue to use other tools available on the HubSpot platform, including 1:1 email sends through the CRM and your connected inbox. Learn more about this here

Please take a moment to review the articles below for more information!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
Zakiya
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @NAISelect,

Email suspensions due to exceeding HubSpot's acceptable thresholds in HubSpot Marketing Free accounts are not eligible for remediation. Email sending will remain locked moving forward, however, you may continue to use other tools available on the HubSpot platform. This includes 1:1 email sends through the CRM and your connected inbox. Check out this guide for more on what you can do with a connected inbox.

I also want to be transparent and set the expectation that upgrading to a paid account  or creating a new free account does not guarantee access to the marketing email tool. More on this here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Email-Deliverability/Things-to-know-about-HubSpot-marketing-email/m...

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
17 Replies 17

SOLVE

We are in process of correcting the email id's to make sure that the hard bouce rate is kept minimum to zero.

Thank you.

Regards

andrus
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Did you find a solution for sending emails in the end?

Please note that if your email marketing tool has been locked due to limits, you may be able to find solutions that integrate with Hubspot in the Hubspot Marketplace. Most reputable ones have also acceptable limits for bounces and other email engagement, but if your campaigns usually go to fresh engaged lists (and the campaign that got you blocked was a one-off) you can continue to use Hubspot as your CRM and system of record, still do email marketing with another tool and have the data synced with Hubspot. 

Andrus Purde | Outfunnel - The easiest way to connect sales and marketing tools
DeliveryByJess
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @8107291 ,

HubSpot account #8107291 has been suspended within the marketing email tool for exceeding acceptable limits.  Email suspenions in HubSpot Free accounts are not eligable for remediaiton, and the marketing email tool will remain locked moving forward.  You can still continue to use the rest of the tools within HubSpot, including 1:1 emails sent via a connected inbox. 

NAISelect
Participant

SOLVE

I am in the exact same boat as the original user and am trying to utilize the e-mail marketing aspect of HubSpot. I have been shut down as well. I have had good engagement on what I have sent out (North of 45% opened) and am willing to go to the paid subscription now that I have used the program as long as the marketing will be unblocked. I can't believe that there is no appeals process. Seriously?

0 Upvotes
AvoHaven

SOLVE

I am now in the same position as everyone else commenting. 

I wish there had been something more substantial listed giving the guidlines or someone I could have contacted prior to sending the email to explain what was going to happen. We are an avocado producer selling avocados and avocado body product and have been emailing customers manually. Typically in the past we have just let customers know which farmers markets we would be and when at but with Covid-19 we have moved to online selling. We also notified customers back in February 2020 that we would be stopping the body product line in favour for the new culinary line. I probably should have sent out an email (manually) telling people to look out for the new range but decided to set up and send from Hubspot. I knew we would have a high opt out rate as most of customers were body product customers not avocado culinary customers but figured opt out would be a good way of naturally refreshing the data base.  We are still the same company and still have the same name and use the same URL (with a small change) and now I feel like Hubspot has wasted my time and my small businesses time.

Why can't email marketing be unlocked from this point?

0 Upvotes
DeliveryByJess
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @AvoHaven ,

HubSpot's acceptable limits for bounces, unsubscirbes and spam complaints are in place to protect both your brand's sender reputation and the HubSpot network that all customers share.  Sending bulk email the results in high rates of unusbcibes, bounces and/or spam complaints degrades your brand's sender reputation and lowers the chances that your next message will be delivered to the primary inbox instead of to the spam folder.  HubSpot customers share sending IPs, so limits are in place to ensure the shared network can maintain a healthy reputation and allow all customers to have a fair shot at the primary inbox.

To keep your brand's sender reputation for all sends we do not reccomend sending email to contacts who you think may unsubscribe, mark as spam or hard boubce.  Aligning your email sending apporch to email deliverability best practices will help to promote better inbox placement for your brand across any system you use to send email. 

0 Upvotes
Zakiya
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @NAISelect,

Email suspensions due to exceeding HubSpot's acceptable thresholds in HubSpot Marketing Free accounts are not eligible for remediation. Email sending will remain locked moving forward, however, you may continue to use other tools available on the HubSpot platform. This includes 1:1 email sends through the CRM and your connected inbox. Check out this guide for more on what you can do with a connected inbox.

I also want to be transparent and set the expectation that upgrading to a paid account  or creating a new free account does not guarantee access to the marketing email tool. More on this here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Email-Deliverability/Things-to-know-about-HubSpot-marketing-email/m...

0 Upvotes
JustinWolf

SOLVE

I have had the same issue - i was about to add a Hubspot subscription - so tried a marketing send - and got locked due to large volume of bounce - the data has since been cleansed and is ready again - just had a chat bot helpdesker - tell me I can't have email access re-instated - so why would i look to pay for subsciption now?

What can I do?

0 Upvotes
DeliveryByJess
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @JustinWolf 

We take marketing email and deliverability very seriously. To help users get marketing emails to the primary inbox, we have automated deliverability protection systems designed to help maintain a healthy network reputation and high rates of email deliverability for users. Our systems have detected an abnormally high hard bounce rate on recent email campaigns in this account. As a result, marketing email sending was suspended.

Email suspensions due to exceeding HubSpot's acceptable thresholds in HubSpot Marketing Free accounts cannot be remediated. Email sending will remain locked moving forward. You may continue to use other tools available on the HubSpot platform, including 1:1 email sends through the CRM and your connected inbox. Learn more about this here

Please take a moment to review the articles below for more information:
0 Upvotes
DarleneCollin
Participant

SOLVE

We have had the exact same issue. I have suggested Hubspot to a client and was in the process of onboarding them. The email list provided included customers back to 2016. In hindsight I should have scrubbed the list or started with a smaller email sample. That being I am now told we are locked out for life, and my only option is to use a different email service. The agent for hubspot suggest mail chimp! I discussed upgrading our package and taking the steps to clean our list. I was told that even with upgrading to professional or another paid service it would not be opened. I was looking for an all in one solution for my client and thought I had found it. I had hoped to replicate this process with my other clients looking for CRM, but now need to find another solution. 

0 Upvotes
Zakiya
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @DarleneCollin,

Email suspensions due to exceeding HubSpot's acceptable thresholds in HubSpot Marketing Free accounts cannot be remediated. Email sending will remain locked moving forward. You may continue to use other tools available on the HubSpot platform, including 1:1 email sends through the CRM and your connected inbox. 

Upgrading to a paid account does not guarantee access to the marketing email tool. 

0 Upvotes
Antoinemelchior

SOLVE

Hello, I have the same issue with my Hubspot account. I imported a list of university students and send them a marketing mail. Unfortunately, the account of graduated students are deleted by the university. This led to a high rate of "bounced" emails when I send the newsletter. Hubspot as thus decided to lock the "email" feature of our account "Evolutesix". I have since deleted the different list of students in order to unlock the feature but this is still locked and I can no longer use it. What should I do to unlock the "email" feature? Thanks in advance,

Zakiya
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Email suspensions due to exceeding HubSpot's acceptable thresholds in HubSpot Marketing Free accounts cannot be remediated. Email sending will remain locked moving forward. You may continue to use other tools available on the HubSpot platform, including 1:1 email sends through the CRM and your connected inbox. Learn more about this here

0 Upvotes
Zakiya
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @sofoscapital

Email suspensions due to exceeding HubSpot's acceptable thresholds in HubSpot Marketing Free accounts cannot be remediated. Email sending will remain locked moving forward. You may continue to use other tools available on the HubSpot platform, including 1:1 email sends through the CRM and your connected inbox. Learn more about this here

0 Upvotes
Cwade

SOLVE

I have the same problem.  I am incredibly frustrated now that I've been chasing this problem down for several days.  Apparently I cannot call anyone to speak with a human (WHAT?? that certainly does not instil confidence to upgrade my trial account with HubSpot).   My email sending ability is locked and completely irreversible and I never sent a single marketing email!  Therefore, I know I don't have hard bouncebacks.   I am only a week into the process - and spent alot of time, energy and money importing my contacts into HubSpot with the plan to use the mass email marketing tool.  Now I find I cannot do this for no reason whatsoever (false advertising) and there is NOBODY I can speak with about this?    That doesn't sound right.   Something is wrong with your automated blocking sytem if it's blocking a new user who has never sent any marketing emails yet.    This renders my entire HubSpot experience valueless. 

0 Upvotes
DeliveryByJess
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE
Hello @Cwade,

Some HubSpot accounts will require additional review before tools like marketing email can be unlocked, and not all accounts will qualify for access to every tool. If you have not done so already, you can submit information about your business and your various contact sources using the link found in the red banner within the marketing email tool. Once your submission has been reviewed, the point of contact on file will receive a final decision via email.

You can read more about account verification suspensions here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account-settings/account-suspension-faq
Loguru

SOLVE

Hi, Is there a solusion to this problem, how do we resolve ? 

0 Upvotes