Email Deliverability

mrrosan
Participant

Email lands in the spam Folder

Résolue

Hello, 
I use HubSpot free version, I am new to this platform. I have made a marketing email. When I send the email through hubspot marketing using my own email address info@mycompany.com . It lands in the spam but when I just send email from info@mycompany.com (outlook)  I get the email in my inbox. 
So, I think it's something to do with HubSpot email server.

Any suggestion on this one? 

Kind regards 

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @mrrosan,

Indeed, by sending emails from HubSpot, you're letting HubSpot send emails on behalf of you. The email from Outlook is sent from your own email domain. The email in HubSpot is sent from HubSpot's free email domain, even if they look like they're coming from the same email address. The from-name and from-email-address are purely cosmetic.

Email service providers are a lot more trusting when emails are coming from a connected email domain instead of HubSpot's free email domain. 

That's why it's crucial to connect your email sending domain and authenticate yourself. 

Connect your email sending domain

Use a DMARC policy with HubSpot

Unfortunately, this is not possible in the free version of HubSpot. You would have to upgrade to starter. (Don't shoot the messenger.)

Keep in mind that even then there is not guarantee for an email delivery. You're increasing the chance of success a lot however. Some email service providers might still be suspicious of emails sent from HubSpot, due to the included tracking links.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

2 Réponses
mrrosan
Participant

Résolue

Thank you for your quick reply. 
I'm going to try the starter pack, hopefully this solves my problem. 🙂

0 Votes
karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @mrrosan,

Indeed, by sending emails from HubSpot, you're letting HubSpot send emails on behalf of you. The email from Outlook is sent from your own email domain. The email in HubSpot is sent from HubSpot's free email domain, even if they look like they're coming from the same email address. The from-name and from-email-address are purely cosmetic.

Email service providers are a lot more trusting when emails are coming from a connected email domain instead of HubSpot's free email domain. 

That's why it's crucial to connect your email sending domain and authenticate yourself. 

Connect your email sending domain

Use a DMARC policy with HubSpot

Unfortunately, this is not possible in the free version of HubSpot. You would have to upgrade to starter. (Don't shoot the messenger.)

Keep in mind that even then there is not guarantee for an email delivery. You're increasing the chance of success a lot however. Some email service providers might still be suspicious of emails sent from HubSpot, due to the included tracking links.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.