Email Deliverability

CTSInc

Email instakenly marked as spam by automated email filter

SOLVE

One of our members got their email compromised and I sent out a broadcast email to my mailing list to warn people on the mailing list so nobody clicks on the email or replies to it as the member's email was likely monitored by hackers.

That email was mistakenly marked as spam by automated email filter.  Now, Hubspot refuses to send any emails to that contact even though the contact has allowlisted me on their end.

Does anyone know how we can reset this so I can send this contact emails again?

Thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CTSInc ,

If it is marked as bounce in HubSpot due to spam, HubSpot will need to unbounce them. If they are not marked as bounce but suppressed, you will need to send a 1:1 email to the contact (this is an email that is created on the contacts page) in order to unsuppress them. If you have only allowed them to list your email address, HubSpot would also have them unallow your IP address, as sometimes spam filters can blocklist specific IPs as well. 

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

View solution in original post

Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@CTSInc this is a tough situation and we all feel for you as we experience it also. It isn't ideal to pass the issue off to other people, but your contact's IT department or email provider would have to update their block list and "allowlist" your domain. This is a hard suggestion to make to your contact, but I have done it with mine and sometimes it does work. I've gone so far as to speak to an IT departmenet myself to get the issue resolved. 

Also, know you can't always win this one. Spam lists are a part of our marketing lives and we all do our best to avoid them.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@CTSInc this is a tough situation and we all feel for you as we experience it also. It isn't ideal to pass the issue off to other people, but your contact's IT department or email provider would have to update their block list and "allowlist" your domain. This is a hard suggestion to make to your contact, but I have done it with mine and sometimes it does work. I've gone so far as to speak to an IT departmenet myself to get the issue resolved. 

Also, know you can't always win this one. Spam lists are a part of our marketing lives and we all do our best to avoid them.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
CTSInc

SOLVE

Hi Crystal,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I am alraedy allowlisted on the other end.  This problem is not the receiving email system rejecting my email.  This is the result of Hubspot not willing to try again.  The status of the message shows that the message that was sent over a month ago bounced.  As a result, the email that I just sent out yesterday was not sent. 

I know this because my domain name is not blocked since I regularly exchange emails with this person my Microsoft Outlook.  I also checked blocklists and I am not on any of them.

Plus, I sent it as a marketing email for ease of management but it was technically NOT a marketing email.  It was a warning that one of the members' email got compromised and to not open emails from them with a specific subject.

0 Upvotes
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CTSInc ,

If it is marked as bounce in HubSpot due to spam, HubSpot will need to unbounce them. If they are not marked as bounce but suppressed, you will need to send a 1:1 email to the contact (this is an email that is created on the contacts page) in order to unsuppress them. If you have only allowed them to list your email address, HubSpot would also have them unallow your IP address, as sometimes spam filters can blocklist specific IPs as well. 

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

CTSInc

SOLVE

Thanks for for making this suggestion.  I have already talked to Hubspot and they just gave me a guide as to what to do and what not to do.  They then told me I can increase my deliverability rates by getting a dedicated IP address.

They did not offer to unbounce them.

What they did tell me was to post at the community.

Thanks for reading / posting though.

0 Upvotes
Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @CTSInc. Your contact will have to resubscribe themselves. There's nothing you can do until they perform the steps in this article. I wish there was a solution where we could fix them on our end. But due to privacy laws and regulations, this is something your contact will need to do. You can certainly help them and walk them through it.

Resubscribe contacts to your marketing emails (hubspot.com)

CTSInc

SOLVE

Hi Crystal,

When they go into the manage preferences section, they don't see anything that suggests that they opted out.  All I see is a button that allows them to unsubscribe to marketing and one to one emails.  I requested that they unsubscribe to both, then saved the preferences and re-enable it and save.

We'll see if it makes a difference.

Thansk for your help.

0 Upvotes
Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Have a look at this post also to fully understand what your contact is seeing and doing:

HubSpot Community - Subscriptions preference page for a contact who opted out of all communication -...

CTSInc

SOLVE

Thanks for providing me with this link.

My contact is not doing anything.  Their email filter (Barracuda Email Security) flagged it as spam.  They did not click on anything or request anything.

I tried to unsubscribe them and resubscribe.  We will see what happens.

0 Upvotes