Email Deliverability

travisskyver

Email Suspension

SOLVE

I have never sent an email using Hubspot, however my email capabilities have been placed on suspension.

Customer service is claiming "suspensions occur when a marketing email list has an abnormally high bounce rate." 

I'll repeat, I have never sent an email using Hubspot and only recieved suspension after speaking to Hubspot's sales department.  I'm very surprised about this strange occurence as the rep and I had a great conversation and I was actually planning on upgrading in the near future after interanally on-boarding my entire team.  

I feel like your company is now attempting extortion by requiring me to either "reach out to my sales rep"  regarding this issue or "upgrade to a paid service".

This is unacceptable. I now have no interest in working with Hubspot after this expereince.

2 Accepted solutions
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Email Suspension

SOLVE

Hello @travisskyver 

Some HubSpot Free accounts will require additonal review before marketing email sending can be used, and not all free accounts will qualify for marketing email access.  If your account requires additional review, you'll see a banner within your email tool that asks for more information about your business.  

Accounts that are not granted access to marketing email after the form submission via the banner will remain locked for marketing email use, but you can still continue to use the rest of the tools within HubSpot including 1:1 email through a connected inbox. 

View solution in original post

AMI-1
Solution

Email Suspension

SOLVE

Good Day, I am new to HubSpot and think the platform is fantastic and will be an excellent tool and planned on moving to a paid service. Upon the set-up of my account, and to get a better understanding of the platform, I attempted to send myself a test email. I received a disclaimer stating that marketing emails would be on hold , even before I sent out just one email.

I reached out to a Hubspot representative through Chat, and they suggested I submit an appeal that I immediately completed. A day later, I received a reply stating that the marketing email tool would continue to be on hold.

I am completely confused as to what this could be, and I have reached out to my domain provider (GoDaddy), my email provider Zoho as well as multiple email sender/domain health providers, including Google **bleep** Tools, Cisco, and Trusted Source. All of these sources said my Domain and eMail Sender health was in good standing.

We have just reinstated Animal Marketing Inc. 3 months ago, after a seven-year hiatus, and have never engaged in any email marketing campaigns.

Could it be the name Animal Marketing that is raising the red flag?

I am currently running ads on Indeed, could this be the problem?

If issues and flags are being raised with our domain, please provide us transparency so we can go about addressing and improving if truly necessary.

Thank you for your time helping us get to the bottom of this issue if there truly is one.

Thank you,
Edgar Davis

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
MRizk8

Email Suspension

SOLVE
We had 5 different HubSpot accounts (5678873, 7996498, 8817613, 9118218, 9359631) we typically don’t sent email campaigns and only use the crm, last week we decided to try the free marketing with 2000 emails and if we get good responses we would upgrade. We sent 2000 emails from each of our accounts for our old clients from 2014 for renewal reminders of their contracts, apparently that was not acceptable for some reason. With no warnings we were suspended not only from emailing but from HubSpot all together. All our client info and copies of contracts are in HubSpot if you suspend us without warning at least give us access to download our database. Can we have 1 week access to download our data? We didn’t know we were doing anything wrong
0 Upvotes
DeliveryByJess
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Email Suspension

SOLVE

Hello @MRizk8 

The information provided in Support ticket #7898488 from HubSpot's Trust and Safety Team is final and cannot be appealed further.

DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Email Suspension

SOLVE

Hello @travisskyver 

Some HubSpot Free accounts will require additonal review before marketing email sending can be used, and not all free accounts will qualify for marketing email access.  If your account requires additional review, you'll see a banner within your email tool that asks for more information about your business.  

Accounts that are not granted access to marketing email after the form submission via the banner will remain locked for marketing email use, but you can still continue to use the rest of the tools within HubSpot including 1:1 email through a connected inbox. 

AMI-1
Solution

Email Suspension

SOLVE

Good Day, I am new to HubSpot and think the platform is fantastic and will be an excellent tool and planned on moving to a paid service. Upon the set-up of my account, and to get a better understanding of the platform, I attempted to send myself a test email. I received a disclaimer stating that marketing emails would be on hold , even before I sent out just one email.

I reached out to a Hubspot representative through Chat, and they suggested I submit an appeal that I immediately completed. A day later, I received a reply stating that the marketing email tool would continue to be on hold.

I am completely confused as to what this could be, and I have reached out to my domain provider (GoDaddy), my email provider Zoho as well as multiple email sender/domain health providers, including Google **bleep** Tools, Cisco, and Trusted Source. All of these sources said my Domain and eMail Sender health was in good standing.

We have just reinstated Animal Marketing Inc. 3 months ago, after a seven-year hiatus, and have never engaged in any email marketing campaigns.

Could it be the name Animal Marketing that is raising the red flag?

I am currently running ads on Indeed, could this be the problem?

If issues and flags are being raised with our domain, please provide us transparency so we can go about addressing and improving if truly necessary.

Thank you for your time helping us get to the bottom of this issue if there truly is one.

Thank you,
Edgar Davis

DeliveryByJess
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Email Suspension

SOLVE

Hello @AMI-1 

We take marketing email and deliverability very seriously. To help users get marketing emails to the primary inbox, we have automated deliverability protection systems designed to help maintain a healthy network reputation and high rates of email deliverability for users. Some HubSpot Free accounts will require additonal review before marketing email sending can be used, and not all free accounts will qualify for marketing email access.

Accounts that are denied access following submitting an appeal will remain locked for makreting email access, and this decision cannot be appealed.  We are not able to share details on why an account is not granted access as these safeguards are part of HubSpot's automatic secuirty systems.  You'll still be able to use the other tools within HubSpot, incluing 1:1 emails sent via a connected inbox.  

0 Upvotes
tydsmith
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

Email Suspension

SOLVE

Hi travisskyver,

It could be that a someone at your company in the past had sent to a bought list of contacts, that contained a lot of old, inactive emails, which may have led to the domain being marked as a source of spam in the past by a resource HubSpot uses. 

This shouldn't be a ploy to get you to upgrade. I'd reach out to your rep, and they should be able to resolve the situation fairly quickly. Or you can reach out to HubSpot support by clicking the Help button found in the bottom right-hand corner in HubSpot. 

I hope this helps!

RisaHoag

Email Suspension

SOLVE

Hi, I have a suspension as well. My rep said today that he tried to get an answer that I would be reinstated if I signed up for service but no one could guarantee it. I'm outraged by this. I sent one email. It went to MY contact list. There were about 212 old email. They bounced. I deleted the contacts completely. I'm a Certified Hubspot Inbound Marketer. And I can't send emails through the system? This is NUTS and very bad customer service. I am now looking for another CRM. 

0 Upvotes
DeliveryByJess
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Email Suspension

SOLVE

Hello @Risa 

We take marketing email and deliverability very seriously. To help users get marketing emails to the primary inbox, we have automated deliverability protection systems designed to help maintain a healthy network reputation and high rates of email deliverability for users. Our systems have detected an abnormally high hard bounce rate on recent email campaigns in this account. As a result, marketing email sending was suspended.

Email suspensions due to exceeding HubSpot's acceptable thresholds in HubSpot Marketing Free accounts cannot be remediated. Email sending will remain locked moving forward. You may continue to use other tools available on the HubSpot platform, including 1:1 email sends through the CRM and your connected inbox. Learn more about this here

Additional information on HubSpot's automated protection actions can be found here: