Email Deliverability

RisaHoag

Email Suspension Unwarranted

SOLVE

Extremely upset to find out my email capabilities are blocked. I'm a certified inbound marketing professional through Hubspot and began using the CRM a few months ago. I uploaded my existing database and have been adding to it. I did not see any notification saying I could be permanently unable to send emails! I had 220 bounced out of 2500 or so emails. I deleted those emails and still I am unable to send. I spoke with a sales rep who couldn't confirm that even if I paid for the service I may not be able to send! Hubspot, this is NOT good. I'm now searching for another CRM. 

1 Accepted solution
Zakiya
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @RisaHoag,

We take marketing email and deliverability very seriously. To help users get marketing emails to the primary inbox, we have automated deliverability protection systems designed to help maintain a healthy network reputation and high rates of email deliverability for users. Our systems have detected an abnormally high hard bounce rate in your account, thus marketing email sending was suspended.

Email suspensions due to exceeding HubSpot's acceptable thresholds in HubSpot Marketing Free accounts cannot be remediated. Email sending will remain locked moving forward. You may continue to use other tools available on the HubSpot platform, including 1:1 email sends through the CRM and your connected inbox. Learn more about this here

Information about HubSpot's email sending limits and deliverability protection actions, including suspensions, can be found in the guides below. 
Please take a moment to review the articles below. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Local-Prod
Participant

SOLVE

Hello, I have the same problem. Only 5 e-mails were rejected on 133 emails sent and the emailing tools  is now blocked -> A bounce rate of < 5%. Also, many e-mails are confirmed and used daily with normal e-mail either with hubspot and other client as Outloook, but the emailing declared them as Bounce or Spam. I really do not understand what is going on... I was really enthusiast with hubspot but now I am very disapointed. 

Also, how can you say that this problem is now solved. It's totally not. We do not have clear responses of what to do to prevent this matter and what to do to continue to use emailing. 

I will probably lost my job with this action that can not be fixed, except without using emailing which is not a serious solution.

Best.

Local-Prod

0 Upvotes
Zakiya
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Local-Prod,

I was able to check out your account and found that two of the most recent email campaigns had hard bounce rates of 18.25% and 18.60% respectively. These rates greatly exceed HubSpot's acceptable email limits, which resulted in automatic Deliverability Protection actions.  

Email suspensions due to exceeding HubSpot's acceptable thresholds in HubSpot Marketing Free accounts are not eligible for remediation. Email sending will remain locked moving forward, however, you may continue to use other tools available on the HubSpot platform. This includes 1:1 email sends through the CRM and your connected inbox. Check out this guide for more on what you can do with a connected inbox.

Learn more about HubSpot's email sending limits and things to know about HubSpot marketing email in the guides below:

Things to know about HubSpot marketing email

Marketing email is suspended

0 Upvotes
Local-Prod
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Zakiya ,

Thanks for your reply. In fact, I do not consider rejected emails that I am used to send emails with one to one hubpost CRM. I am very curious to know how the software declared them "rejected emails" as I am used to communicate with them by e-mails. 

Thanks for your insights.

Best.

Local-Prod

0 Upvotes
ansaworks

SOLVE

Hi,

I too experienced the same thing, and since I'm still a new member, I'm trying stuff out to see if it works (isn't it a normal thing to do?). Actually my first impression was very good, until I got suspended because I sent two marketing emails with a high bounce rate (these are my own contacts, and admittedly, a few are old ones/invalid).

If I may suggest, there should be a way for new members to appeal for the suspension or at least let the mail sending runs until it is finished. This way, we can clean up our contacts for the next marketing email. It is already hard to get new clients/users  for any SaaS provider (or maybe HubSpot has the luxury of having enough users?). With a current policy, it's very unforgiven for a newbie and quite contra productive, because these new, hard-to-get users like me are now using other providers (such as MailChimp, SugarCRM to name a few), just because HubSpot doesn't let us and we see no point using a CRM system without a marketing email function.

0 Upvotes
DeliveryByJess
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @ansaworks ,

Thank you for your feedback. It's never reccomended to use an email send from any ESP (email seding platform) to determine which contacts are no longer eligable.  This behavior (called list washing) will negatively damage your brand's ability to reach the primary inbox on your next send, and also degrades the network of the ESP sending the message.  HubSpot's auto protection actions include features like stopped sends when aceptable bounce limits are exceeded and email suspensions to ensure your brand's sender reputation is sheilded from further damage, and that all HubSpot customers have a fair shot at reaching the inbox when using HubSpot's shared network.  

If you need to clean a database for old/stale contacts before sending, we reccomend you use an email validation software, which can help you to remove invlaid contacts before any email is sent and hard bounces occur and damage your brand's sender reputation.

It's worth noting that all reputatble ESPs have similar polcies in place to ensure their shared networks can remain healthy as well.  

0 Upvotes
Zakiya
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @RisaHoag,

We take marketing email and deliverability very seriously. To help users get marketing emails to the primary inbox, we have automated deliverability protection systems designed to help maintain a healthy network reputation and high rates of email deliverability for users. Our systems have detected an abnormally high hard bounce rate in your account, thus marketing email sending was suspended.

Email suspensions due to exceeding HubSpot's acceptable thresholds in HubSpot Marketing Free accounts cannot be remediated. Email sending will remain locked moving forward. You may continue to use other tools available on the HubSpot platform, including 1:1 email sends through the CRM and your connected inbox. Learn more about this here

Information about HubSpot's email sending limits and deliverability protection actions, including suspensions, can be found in the guides below. 
Please take a moment to review the articles below. 
RisaHoag

SOLVE

Quite honestly this is very unfair. There was no notification that I had one shot at this. I have taken great lengths to clean up my database. and upon seeing the hard bounces I deleted all of those contacts. Most of them were just old email addresses. I DO NOT purchase lists. These are my contacts. 

You should offer more warning if this is your practice. But I am being told that even if I sign up for service and pay, I may not be able to get this fixed! That's crazy. Not good service.