Email Deliverability

Deelylah

Email Suspended

SOLVE

We received a warning last Wednesday to import all bounced and opt-out contacts(email) to prevent suspension. I did that import immediately. On Monday we came back from the Holiday and now our account is suspended. I've tried to contact Hubspot several times via phone and chat but no one will give me any answers. If I need to take any other steps, let me know.

Thanks,

Deelylah

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Email Suspended

SOLVE

Hello,

To prevent high hard bounce rates, we can suggest the following:

• Be sure that you are only emailing contacts who have directly opted into marketing email from your brand.  Opt in generally means that contacts have provided both their email address and permission to your brand directly.  Opt in can be provided by an action a contact takes, like submitting a form on your brand's website.  Further details around Opt in can be reviewed here. 
  • Remove contacts who have not engaged with or been sent an email from your brand in a year or more.  Stale contacts are more likely to hard bounce, unsubscribe or mark mail as spam - which will negatauvely impact your brand's ability to reach the primary inbox of your subscribers.  HubSpot requires that contacts have been emailed in the past year to be eligable for bulk marketing emails.  You can review the minimum requirements a contact must meet for marketing emails in HubSpot here. 
  • Consider use of a 3rd party validation platform to remove any remaining invalid addresses from your database. Your lists should be cleaned of invalid contacts before they are used for marketing email sends. 

You'll find additonal helpful information on best practices for email deliverabilty here. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
DeliveryByJess
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Email Suspended

SOLVE

Hello @Deelylah,

You can find information on the steps for remdiating en email suspension within this knowlege base document.

Please note that email suspensions for HubSpot Marketing Free accounts cannot be remediated.  If your account is Free account, email sending will remain locked moving foraward. You may continue to use other tools available on the HubSpot platform, including 1:1 email sends through the CRM and your connected inbox. Learn more about this here

Deelylah

Email Suspended

SOLVE

We're working with Sales(Will) on our paid account but he is working with Hubspots internal team regarding our CMS and marketing. So this will be a paid account soon but no one can tell me what other steps to take or even look at our account. 

0 Upvotes
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Email Suspended

SOLVE

Hello,

To prevent high hard bounce rates, we can suggest the following:

• Be sure that you are only emailing contacts who have directly opted into marketing email from your brand.  Opt in generally means that contacts have provided both their email address and permission to your brand directly.  Opt in can be provided by an action a contact takes, like submitting a form on your brand's website.  Further details around Opt in can be reviewed here. 
  • Remove contacts who have not engaged with or been sent an email from your brand in a year or more.  Stale contacts are more likely to hard bounce, unsubscribe or mark mail as spam - which will negatauvely impact your brand's ability to reach the primary inbox of your subscribers.  HubSpot requires that contacts have been emailed in the past year to be eligable for bulk marketing emails.  You can review the minimum requirements a contact must meet for marketing emails in HubSpot here. 
  • Consider use of a 3rd party validation platform to remove any remaining invalid addresses from your database. Your lists should be cleaned of invalid contacts before they are used for marketing email sends. 

You'll find additonal helpful information on best practices for email deliverabilty here.