Email Deliverability

EdH1
Miembro

Dropping Attachments

resolver

I'm a new HubSpot Sales user. I am experiencing an issue where attachments are stripped out of my Outlook 365 email when linking to HubSpot Sales for tracking and logging activity. It also strips out the company logo graphic in my email signature. The body of the email is delivered, but the attachment doesn't come through, leaving prospects to ask for it again. Any ideas on how I can correct this? Thanks! - Ed

1 Soluciones aceptada
danmoyle
Solución
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Elite

Dropping Attachments

resolver

Hey there @EdH1. I haven't personally seen this, but the Troubleshoot the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in resource may have answers. 

Looking for clarification/details: You're sending from Outlook 365 and adding an attachment like a document, yes? What about using HubSpot Documents so it's trackable when someone opens it, and it's not a risk as an email attachment

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

7 Respuestas 7
bsm007
Colaborador líder

Dropping Attachments

resolver

I am having the same issue and it is frustrating. Reinstalling the add-in does not solve the problem. This same behavior is reported here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Tickets-Conversations/Issue-with-attachments-on-Outlook-for-MAC/m-p... 

0 Me gusta
MiaSrebrnjak
Administrador de la comunidad

Dropping Attachments

resolver

Thank you for your comment @bsm007! I wanted to make sure that you've seen the update that my colleague posted in this Community article. 

Our product team has investigated this issue and while they're working with Microsoft to optimize the add-on, our options are unfortuntely limited when it comes to resolving behaviors like this one, as the end-user app is owned by Microsoft.  

We recommed using the HubSpot Sales add-on with Outlook on Web as it uses the most up-to-date Microsoft technologies.

Thank you for your understanding.

Mia, Community team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

bsm007
Colaborador líder

Dropping Attachments

resolver

Mia, I have read that update as well as many other articles in the community reporting this behavior. Redirecting the issue to Microsoft is not appreciated as other CRMs such as Salesforce do not exhibit this behavior. I have shared video of this behavior and have worked with HubSpot support to resolve this. It is clearly an issue with the add-in which is published by Hubspot, not Microsoft. Your response would be appreciated IF your team isolated the root cause to a specific MS issue which you have not.

danmoyle
Solución

Dropping Attachments

resolver

Hey there @EdH1. I haven't personally seen this, but the Troubleshoot the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in resource may have answers. 

Looking for clarification/details: You're sending from Outlook 365 and adding an attachment like a document, yes? What about using HubSpot Documents so it's trackable when someone opens it, and it's not a risk as an email attachment

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
CBowman_Trayt
Participante

Dropping Attachments

resolver

I also have seen this since adding the plugin for Outlook for Mac. When logging the email, it will drop the attachments, but it seems to not drop the attachments if you don't log the email. The attachment appears normal when composing the email (though I have seen it flicker), then when sent, does not include the attachment.

0 Me gusta
MToddy
Miembro

Dropping Attachments

resolver

We're having the same exact issue as described by @EdH1. Disabling the plugin (using Outlook for Mac) fixes the problem. We spent weeks debugging this issue and today finally determined it was the plugin. Only then we searched the web and found this discussion about it. This is an insanely disruptive bug.

MiaSrebrnjak

Dropping Attachments

resolver

Hi @EdH1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

Just to confirm: you've installed the HubSpot Sales add-in and when choose the option in Outlook to log & track the email in HubSpot CRM, the email recipient receives the email without attachments and your company logo? 

This is definitely unexpected behaviour: are you able to send emails without issues if you disable the add-in?

I'd recommend reinstalling the add-in. Before you do that, please confirm that you've chosen the correct add-in based on the setup detailed in the table in this article (for e.g. checking your email client and whether you’re using a MAC or PC). Thank you! 

Please let me know if this helps! 

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings