Email Deliverability

Davyvanlooij

Contacts bounce which used to receive emails

SOLVE

Hi,

I have a question regarding our bouncing contacts. We have a list of 400+ bouncing contacts. A lot of contacts used to receive emails of us, but suddenly, they bounced on a sending email. I dont understand why they are bouncing now but used to receive emails from us. I've checked if the sending email (which maybe caused the bounce of all these contacts) was always the same email, but it isn't. I've checked around 10 contacts and they all bounced on a different email. 

Is there anything that is causing these hard bounces?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Davy

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @Davyvanlooij 

To understand why a contact has bounced, you'll want to review the bounce details.  Bounce details can be viewed in HubSpot by navagtaing to the post send screen and choosing recipients > bounced.  Bounce reasons will be revealed in this view next to contacts who have bounced from a send, and more details can be viewed by clicking into a bounced contact from this view.  Reviewing the reasons why a contact has bounced will help you to address the root cause of the bounces.   Here are some reccomendations for different bounce types. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
JLSB
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @Davyvanlooij @NicoleSengers 

You also might want to take a look at the post I did on Hubspot's unconventional bounce handling:

Hubspot's unconventional bounce handling is costing us valuable leads and customers 

They hard bounce mailbox full, policy and spam bounce contacts (which are not actually hard bounces). So if valid email addresses are being hard bounced, I would suggest upvoting my post and contacting your CSM to ask for this to be changed.

0 Upvotes
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @Davyvanlooij 

To understand why a contact has bounced, you'll want to review the bounce details.  Bounce details can be viewed in HubSpot by navagtaing to the post send screen and choosing recipients > bounced.  Bounce reasons will be revealed in this view next to contacts who have bounced from a send, and more details can be viewed by clicking into a bounced contact from this view.  Reviewing the reasons why a contact has bounced will help you to address the root cause of the bounces.   Here are some reccomendations for different bounce types. 

NicoleSengers
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi Davy

IS there any consistency around when the emails started bouncing?

Any changes to your DNS?

I know the DKIM settings sometimes need to be reauthenticated so if your email sending domain is not connected anymore you may get more bounces.

Also are these all hard bounces or are some soft bounces?

Best,

Nicole

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers