Email Deliverability

arabinow

Clients need to allowlist a long list of mail servers?

SOLVE

We are clients of a vendor that is going to start using hub spot.

We received an email from them with a list of over a dozen. IP ranges. They say we need to allowlist mail from those ranges so we can be sure to get their emails coming from HubSpot.

That's not correct at all. 

Anyone know if that's how HubSpot tells its customers how to handle ensuring their clients get mail? Or our vendor came up with this on their own/misunderstood what they are supposed to do?

Having to burden a vendors clients like us with this task seems ludicrous, and set us up to get loads of malware/spam emails from HubSpot. If a bad actor wants to send mail through HubSpot. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @arabinow,

What they're referring to is this documentation: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/contacts-not-receiving-your-marketing-emails#add-marketing-email...

While it usually isn't needed, it sounds like your vendor wants to be on the safe side and have themselves allowlisted before any potential email delivery issues arise.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @arabinow,

What they're referring to is this documentation: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/contacts-not-receiving-your-marketing-emails#add-marketing-email...

While it usually isn't needed, it sounds like your vendor wants to be on the safe side and have themselves allowlisted before any potential email delivery issues arise.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

arabinow

SOLVE

Thanks for the reply! 

To be clear, I'm not questioning the technical behind this.  I realize it IS doable.  It's a question of why?

Not looking to be argumentative, but...

'vendor want to be on the safe side'...   by allowlisting ALL those ranges (I wasn't looking at the email they sent when I first posted.  It's 11 SUBNETS.  Some are /24.  that's 254 IPs that we are supposed to say - 'yeah, send us all the mail you want'.  ie - potential for loads of spam, malware, phishing. 

Our vendor should make sure their SPF and DKIIM are in order.  Not burden their clients? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

@arabinow, I agree. However it's not me you have to convince, it's your vendor. Email deliverability is a mine field in 2023 so they probably just want to cover their bases.

Karsten Köhler