Email Deliverability

kb3
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Check your OPEN RATES BY COMPANY (2% IN HS, 11% in Constant Contact)

SOLVE

Anyone else having super-low open rates (but when you look at open rates by recipient companies – some company open rates are okay, but others are 0 across several hundred recipients)?? This started happening about 4 months ago.

COMPARISON EMAIL BLAST IN CONSTANT CONTACT- THE OPEN RATE IS FINE…. 11%. Same audience & email was 2% open rate in HS (with some companies 0 opens across hundreds of recipients)

Please check your open rates by company for similar trends. Let me know.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
danaland
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @kb3!

There will naturally be some differences between open rates between ESPs. This is because different ESPs run their networks differently, and also have different features. For example, HubSpot has a featured called bot filtering that Constant Contact does not have. This feature filters out any opens that we identify as non-human. Constand contact will report all opens. Bots are becoming more and more popular, whether they be security bots or bots with Apple Privacy's new Privacy Program. You can always turn off bot filtering by following the instructions here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/exclude-traffic-from-your-site-analytics

I can see you're a paid customer, so I encourage you to connect with your Customer Succes Manager or other account owner to chat about your open rates. An 11% open rate is an indication of a reputation issue where your emails may be landing in spam. Your account owner can help walk you through your current strategy and make suggestions on how to improve your open rates, as well as check to see if you're being effected by bots.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
danaland
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @kb3!

There will naturally be some differences between open rates between ESPs. This is because different ESPs run their networks differently, and also have different features. For example, HubSpot has a featured called bot filtering that Constant Contact does not have. This feature filters out any opens that we identify as non-human. Constand contact will report all opens. Bots are becoming more and more popular, whether they be security bots or bots with Apple Privacy's new Privacy Program. You can always turn off bot filtering by following the instructions here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/exclude-traffic-from-your-site-analytics

I can see you're a paid customer, so I encourage you to connect with your Customer Succes Manager or other account owner to chat about your open rates. An 11% open rate is an indication of a reputation issue where your emails may be landing in spam. Your account owner can help walk you through your current strategy and make suggestions on how to improve your open rates, as well as check to see if you're being effected by bots.