Email Deliverability

JustinPerkinsC
Top Contributor

Best Practice Question: Emails Not Sent/Cant be delivered

SOLVE

Good afternoon folks,

I have a question on how everyone looks to handle certain individuals who get added to the "Not Sent" list. These specific ones appear to be related to email server issues on the recipient's ends but are not listed or being picked up as Soft/Hard Bounces as of yet.

They are also harder to keep an eye on since I don't see a way to report on these the same way I can for Hard or Soft bounces to make sure to keep them out of our standard send lists. Though they don't appear to hurt deliverability as far as I can see, I don't believe there is a value in continuing to have them in our DB.

What do you all tend to do with these individuals? Do you prune them out right away? Is there a method I am missing to report on these? 

Appreciated,
JP

Justin Perkins
Marketing Operations Manager
JPerkins@contractlogix.com
Contract LogixLinkedin
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
KeyWestScott
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Thanks @jennysowyrda 

@JustinPerkinsC I have a couple of means of doing it.  One and the most direct is after the send is complete AND if there aren't too many bounces, I'll manually check them and remove as needed.

The other means that we use is via Lists.  We are a B2C company, ferry transportation, and will let HS "flag" those that have not interacted with emails in a set period of time.  Clicks or Opens = 0 for the last XX number of sent emails. This flag along with other criteria helps to cull the list down.  I then go in monthly and delete all the users in these "purge lists.

Hope that helps or was at least gave you an idea .....

Scott

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JustinPerkinsC,

I want to tag in a few subject matter experts to get their input on this! 

@Bryantworks@KeyWestScott@joshua-paul do you have any advice for @JustinPerkinsC?

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
KeyWestScott
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Thanks @jennysowyrda 

@JustinPerkinsC I have a couple of means of doing it.  One and the most direct is after the send is complete AND if there aren't too many bounces, I'll manually check them and remove as needed.

The other means that we use is via Lists.  We are a B2C company, ferry transportation, and will let HS "flag" those that have not interacted with emails in a set period of time.  Clicks or Opens = 0 for the last XX number of sent emails. This flag along with other criteria helps to cull the list down.  I then go in monthly and delete all the users in these "purge lists.

Hope that helps or was at least gave you an idea .....

Scott

JustinPerkinsC
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I appreciate the feedback on this one, in part I think it is because we have just recently migrated over about 2 months or so ago so still have a lot of history to build up to gauge activities. It's just hard on soft bounces when they are not getting counted as a "bounce" and where I have seen 4-5 of these on an individual contact once drilled in. Likely in a couple more months, it will be easier to identify and remove the un-engaged contacts. 

Hard bounces I simply purge out, it's these soft bounces that become something I will need just need to key an eye on. The numbers are not massive just like to be able to better judge the true active size of our list. 

Justin Perkins
Marketing Operations Manager
JPerkins@contractlogix.com
Contract LogixLinkedin
0 Upvotes