Email Deliverability

ibueno
Participant

Automated emails to select contacts on a ticket

SOLVE

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to send automated emails on a ticket-based workflow to only specific emails associated with the ticket and not all associated contacts.

We normally associate multiple contacts of people involved with the ticket, but our automated emails only need to go to one of those contacts. Is there a way to set ticket-based automation so that it only sends marketing emails to the main contact?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ibueno,

By default, this is unfortunately not possible. In a ticket-based workflow, HubSpot will send communications to all contacts associated with a ticket. Usually, the workaround would be a contact-based workflow that enrolls contacts associated with a certain ticket. This would allow you to to filter the contacts who should enroll. However this option to filter for ticket properties in contact-based workflows is not available yet (at least not in most HubSpot portals).

The only alternative that I can think of is working with an additional subscription type that is only set to an opt-in for the contacts that you'd like to receive the communication (or that the other contacts would be opted out of, depending on whether you've enabled the GDPR settings). The workflow would still try to send the emails but they wouldn't go through to the contacts who shouldn't receive them. Very high maintenance unfortunately.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ibueno,

By default, this is unfortunately not possible. In a ticket-based workflow, HubSpot will send communications to all contacts associated with a ticket. Usually, the workaround would be a contact-based workflow that enrolls contacts associated with a certain ticket. This would allow you to to filter the contacts who should enroll. However this option to filter for ticket properties in contact-based workflows is not available yet (at least not in most HubSpot portals).

The only alternative that I can think of is working with an additional subscription type that is only set to an opt-in for the contacts that you'd like to receive the communication (or that the other contacts would be opted out of, depending on whether you've enabled the GDPR settings). The workflow would still try to send the emails but they wouldn't go through to the contacts who shouldn't receive them. Very high maintenance unfortunately.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ibueno
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you

0 Upvotes