Email Deliverability

HollyWhitefoord

Advice on appealing an email suspension- free account

SOLVE

Good afternoon,

I'm hoping to appeal our email suspension on our free account.

Whilst I was on Maternity Leave, one of my colleagues sent a piece of marketing material relating to a recent design project of ours. She sent this on 4 separate occasions to different contacts. Each time the mailer was tweaked in an attempt to make it appropriate for the contacts recieving the mailer.

• 1st time- the mailer was successfully delivered to 25 contacts and received a bounce rate of 16.67% (5 bounces) and one "Unsubscribe"

• 2nd time- the mailer was successfully delivered to one contact with no "Unsubscribes"

• 3rd time- the mailer was successfully sent to 26 contacts with 1 bounce (3.85%) and no Unsubscribes

• 4th time- the mailer was successfully sent to 802 contacts with 121 bounces (13.11%) and received 13 Unsubscribes (1.62%)

I can speak for my whole company when I say we completely concede why the suspension was put in place. It was our responsibility to maintain our contact list thoroughly and we had not been meticulous enough about this. It is true that the maintenance of the database had been neglected whilst I was on Maternity Leave (we are only a small company so noone could cover my role appropriately whilst I was away). My colleague absolutely should have gone through the list with a "fine tooth comb" before we sent this mailer. However, obviously this did not happen and this is our fault. Therefore, as I have already mentioned, we completely understand why you suspended our account. We understand you need to protect the integrity of Hubspot as it could damage your reputation if you are seen to allow spam emails being sent out.

Since the suspension was put in place, my colleagues and I have spent weeks trying to rectify the issue. We have gone through our entire database and have removed numerous contacts who have retired, who have since moved onto new companies etc (I can provide a list), we have gone through and made updates to countless contact's information and can provide you with an opt-out list. We have spent a lot of man-hours doing everything we can to remove the account suspension and have taken the suspension very seriously. Through our tidy up operation we found that most bounces were due to our contacts recently moving onto other roles, which, in our industry, happens pretty frequently.

Our company has been active for over 30 years and our contacts list consists of present clients, past clients, friendly associates, business partners, our friends and our family members who have willingly provided us with their contact information. We would never knowingly ‘spam’ email any of our contacts. Our longstanding reputation is worth too much for us to risk doing this. As a small company, relatively new to Hubspot, we have pinned a lot on being able to use Hubspot as our CRM platform and for sending out marketing materials on a small sale. It is especially important to us now, given the state of world affairs.

Moving forward, is there anyone I can discuss this specific case with to appeal our suspension? Your Sales team advised I come to the Hubspot Community to discuss, and I would very much appreciate a conversation with an appropriate member of your Email Deliverability Team.

Thank you very much in advance for your assistance.

Kind regards,

Holly

1 Accepted solution
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @HollyWhitefoord ,

We take marketing email and deliverability very seriously. To help users get marketing emails to the primary inbox, we have automated deliverability protection systems designed to help maintain a healthy network reputation and high rates of email deliverability for users. If our systems detect abnormally high hard bounce rates, unsubscribes, or spam complaints, marketing email sending will be automatically suspended.

Email suspensions due to exceeding HubSpot's acceptable thresholds in HubSpot Marketing Free accounts cannot be remediated. Email sending will remain locked moving forward within Free accounts. You may continue to use other tools available on the HubSpot platform, including 1:1 email sends through the CRM and your connected inbox. Learn more about this here.

If you wish to appeal the suspension, you would need to purchase a paid HubSpot product to unlock access to HubSpot Support and the email suspension appeal process.  Please note that moving to a paid product does not instantly unlock access to the marketing email tool, but will allow you to open a suspension remeadiaiton ticket with HubSpot Support to work towards restoring access to this tool within the account. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @HollyWhitefoord ,

We take marketing email and deliverability very seriously. To help users get marketing emails to the primary inbox, we have automated deliverability protection systems designed to help maintain a healthy network reputation and high rates of email deliverability for users. If our systems detect abnormally high hard bounce rates, unsubscribes, or spam complaints, marketing email sending will be automatically suspended.

Email suspensions due to exceeding HubSpot's acceptable thresholds in HubSpot Marketing Free accounts cannot be remediated. Email sending will remain locked moving forward within Free accounts. You may continue to use other tools available on the HubSpot platform, including 1:1 email sends through the CRM and your connected inbox. Learn more about this here.

If you wish to appeal the suspension, you would need to purchase a paid HubSpot product to unlock access to HubSpot Support and the email suspension appeal process.  Please note that moving to a paid product does not instantly unlock access to the marketing email tool, but will allow you to open a suspension remeadiaiton ticket with HubSpot Support to work towards restoring access to this tool within the account.