A/B Emails Sending to contacts twice and bouncing

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I've been A/B testing emails. The past two months when I send out an A/B test hundreds of contacts will be "sent" both versions of the email, they'll both bounce, then I can't email the contact ever again because they've bounced globally. This is happening with hundreds of contacts who were previously engaging. The email isn't set up wrong though because even more contacts are sent either the A or the B version, and the test continues on. 

How do I stop Hubspot from doing this?Capture.JPG

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Community Superstar

While it's good to make the community aware of such behavior, troubleshooting will be so specific to your portal that you'll want to engage HubSpot support with individual examples of those email addresses that have "bounced globally".

Remember, Global Bounces are pretty serious -- i.e., ...

"Global bounce: a hard bounce for a permanent reason across three or more HubSpot accounts. Permanent bounces include email address is invalid and mailbox full. Global bounces are dropped from future emails across all HubSpot accounts."

- see Email bounce types

Good luck.

Best,

Frank

Note: HubSpot is a constantly evolving platform. Please check the date of each post and view all solutions in that context.

-- Visit

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

Support • Web • Apps • Training

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

My trouble more so lies in why both the A and B versions are getting sent to contacts, and I believe THAT is why they're bouncing (triggering spam filters or whatever the reason is)

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Superstar

I hear you, but "bouncing" and "bounced globally" are two very different things. Bounced is specific to your portal. Bounced globally is not.

If an 'A' bounce caused 'B' to be sent (or vice versa), that's yet another issue to be resolved. And correlation doesn't always mean causation, so ...

Again, we recommend you engage HubSpot support with specific bounced email address examples so they can troubleshoot the A/B bounce history to determine actual causation.

Note: HubSpot is a constantly evolving platform. Please check the date of each post and view all solutions in that context.

-- Visit

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

Support • Web • Apps • Training

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I will reach out, thank you.

0 Upvotes