Education Partner Program Community

jgueron
Equipo de HubSpot Academy

Welcome Education Partners!

We're so glad to have you join the Education Partner Community here at HubSpot. This is your space to ask questions, connect, and chat about the education. Please take a moment and answer a few questions. We'd all love to get to know you: 

• Your name and what you teach? 
  • How long (and in what capacity) have you been using HubSpot?
  • Anything else? 

To get things started: I'm Julia Gueron and I help HubSpot manage partnerships with college and university faculty members interested in using our resources. My job is to serve our community of educators in using Hubspot in a way that best fits their needs, and developing new ideas to serve educators. If you have an idea to make HubSpot better work for you... I'm your person! I am based out of HubSpot's headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts. 

In addition to using this space for conversations, opinions, and sharing, we will use this space to share updates, events, opportunities, and more.

Please keep in mind that this will be held to the Community guidelines and Terms of Use, so please ensure your conversations are relevant, helpful and friendly.

133 Respuestas 133
jgueron

Hi Lawrence - sorry for the late response; we're so happy to have you in our community and look forward to supporting you in using our resources! 

0 Me gusta
JoannaDesmet
Miembro

Hello, my name is Joanna Desmet. I teach in Belgium (the Dutch speaking part of it). I'm responsible for the Advertising, Event and Internal Communications courses in our Bachelor-programms. 

I haven't been working with Hubspot yet, I'm actually exploring at the moment. I have no past experience in these kind of tools either, so it's a bit hard, but I've followed a lot of courses and I'm getting the picture.

I am trying to figure out what kind of exercise could be interesting for the students and what tools can be used in Hubspot to practice the theory.

I saw there are more teachers here in the community, so any advice is more than welcome. 

jgueron

Hi @JoannaDesmet ! Sorry for the tardy reply here; we're so happy to have you join the EPP.

As for as practical exercises, we generally advise 1) our software-specific certifications (HubSpot Marketing Software, CMS for Marketers, Reporting, Sales Software) and 2) our Brand Engagement and Business Projects, which you can find here

Please let us know if you have any further questions about how to incorporate HubSpot into your curriculum 

0 Me gusta
jgueron

Great to hear about your courses and thanks for joining!

We do have an EPP private group on LinkedIn that's been getting a bit more love from us than our community page as of late. Feel free to join it here. Let's keep the conversation going! 

0 Me gusta
pslaporte
Miembro

Aloha,

I am Patricia LaPorte. I am originally from Brazil and, currently, I work as a Marketing lecturer at the University of Hawaii. I have been teaching Sales and other undergraduate and MBA courses at Shidler College of Business since 2014. I am new at Hubspot and looking forward to using it in the Fall. 

Best,

Patricia 

profduckett
Miembro

Hello Hubspot Education Community, 

Professor Duckett from Morgan State University in Baltimore, MD. I'm excited to join you all and learn more about how Hubspot can enhance active learning for strategic communication students. I've been a Hubspot Educator for over a year and enjoy working with the certification offerings to give students value-add for their portfolios at the end of the semester. 

I look forward to learning and growing with all of you. 

Best,

JD

moonssaem
Miembro

Hello all,

My name is Joonwoo Moon and I am an assistant professor of the Department of Strategic Communication at Morgan State University in Baltimore, Maryland. I am teaching several public relations courses, such as introduction to public relations, and strategic communication campaigns. I am a new member of HubSpot and would like to enhance my social media skills from these amazing workshops. Thanks!

jgueron

Hi JoonWoo! Great to hear about your courses and thanks for joining! We're exciting to support our professors at Morgan State.  We do have an EPP private group on LinkedIn that's been getting a bit more love from us than our community page as of late. Feel free to join it here. Let's keep the conversation going! 

0 Me gusta
JKEastman
Miembro

Hi!  I'm Jackie Eastman and I teach Marketing Management, Consumer Behavior, and Strategic Marketing on the MBA level at Georgia Southern University.

I used the HubSpot Social Media Certification in my Consumer Behavior course Spring and Summer 2020 terms as it relates nicely to the material on word-of-mouth, viral marketing, and opinion leadership along with group influence.  It has been very well received as the students found the information intereting and useful.  Plus they liked having the certification to build up their resume and LinkedIn profile.

I'm hoping to add more HubSpot certifications to my Marketing Management class this Fall.  I'd like to set it up to give the students some flexibility over which ones they choose so any help/suggestions would be appreciated.  I'd like each student to do a minimum of 2+ certifications that would take them approximately 10-12 hours to complete in total.

Take care and stay well, Jackie Eastman

jgueron

Hi Jackie! Great to hear about your courses and thanks for joining! If you'd like, we have a EPP private group on LinkedIn that's been getting a bit more love from us than our community page as of late. Feel free to join it here

Looking forward to supporting you this Fall! 

0 Me gusta
MEGATRIX
Miembro

Hi Julia congrats for this space!

I am Samuel Padilla from México, I have been working on ecommerce during past 13 yeras, and now I help companies to lauch ecommerce channels, and entrepreneurs.

During 4 years I have been struggling with find a methodoly and tools (technology) to educate, implement, and onboading them during this process, finally I found HubSpot last year and i took action to use your solutions in order to growth, making growth my customers and studends that want to learn about how to launch an ecommerce that really sells.

I would like to learn a lot with HubSpot and parter with you, sharing experiences.

kcoursa
Miembro

Hi all!

I love engaging students to fulfill their potential for today's most relevant skills. I am new to HubSpot but will be using the certifications in my Digital Marketing course this fall. I'm excited to learn more from everyone!

Thanks,

Kelley

EddieLin
Miembro

Hi all!

My name is Eddie Lin and I taught marketing at Cypress College and entrepreneurship at Skyline College. I also run a company that integrates employer education into colleges and K-12. For example we integrate education of Google products into curriculum and the Learning Management Systems at schools, and students receive certifications after each assignment.

I have used HubSpot for about 3 years now as our CRM and looking to expand additional functionality. I think students becoming well versed with HubSpot opens a lot of opportunities for them right out of school.

0 Me gusta
jgueron

Welcome, Eddie! 

0 Me gusta
MelindaBurdette
Participante

Hi - I'm Melinda. I am thrilled to be a part of this community.

I am currently teaching at the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg. I have/am teaching Introduction to Marketing, Introduction to Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Digital Marketing and E-Commerce. 

As my Digital Marketing and E-Commerce class is new for fall, I've joined the academy to provide additional resources for my students, utilize course materials and become more closely tied to the digital marketing community. I am also looking for tips about teaching in the "new normal". I'm looking forward to getting started!

jgueron

Welcome, Melinda! 

MelindaBurdette
Participante

Thank you - I'm excited to get started.

0 Me gusta
MRakus
Participante

Hi!

I'm Margaret Rakus, I've been teaching Communications, Public Relations, Advertising, etc for more than a decade. Hacing transitioned from legacy media to digital and social media, I now teach Digital Communication at Gwynedd Mercy University. 

MathieuBtrx
Miembro

Hi all,

My name is Mathieu and I teach marketing and event project mananagement in the Reims's University. I'm just beginning to use hubspot and I want to teach inbound marketing with this amazing tool. That's all for me!

jgueron

Welcome Mathieu! 

0 Me gusta
pslaporte
Miembro

Hi,

I am a Marketing lecturer at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. I teach Sales, Marketing Management, and Retail Management. I am looking forward to adding Hubspot resources to my Fall syllabus. 

Best,

Patricia LaPorte