Welcome Education Partners!

Occasional Contributor

Hi! My name is Jennie Donohue, and I'm a senior professional lecturer and director of the public relations curriculum at UMass Amherst. I teach public relations, integrated marketing communication, and social media. I piloted the Social Media Certification in one of my courses this past semester and am looking forward to incorporating more HubSpot resources into my courses. 

Visitor

Hi Everyone,

My name is Charlie Drehmer and I teach in the Center for Sales Leadership at DePaul University in Chicago.

I have been using HubSpot in my Sales Fundamentals course for the past two years.  The class uses HubSpot to help raise scholarship funds for disadvantages students.  The program is very user friedly and gives students CRM expereince they can leverge in their job interviewing process.

Academy Team

Sounds like an amazing project you've got your students working on! 

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Thanks for sharing @Cdrehmer. Non-porfit fundraising is the topic I most loved teaching when I taught Sales. What a beautiful, relevant application!

New Contributor

Hello everyone.

My name is Chaka , I teach digital marketng at  undergad and postgrad level. On the digital marketing degree and masters at Birmingham city university, UK.

I have used hubspot professionally for about 3 years and looking forward introducing it to my students.

Regular Contributor

@Chaka  Let us know if you have questions! I've tried (and failed at ) a bunch of things!

Paula

EdP
Occasional Contributor

Hi Everyone,

My name is Ed Powers, and I teach in the Master’s in Corporate and Organizational Communication program at Northeastern University. This fall we are launching a virtual public relations firm that will enable our students to work on client projects in parallel with their course work. We have decided they will do this through the Hubspot platform.

I am completely new to Hubspot and plan to immerse myself in the tool during the coming weeks to be ready for our launch on November 1. I am excited to have a community where I can share my questions and learn as quickly as possible. If you have any tips for key steps during the first 30-60 days, I’d appreciate your suggestions.

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hi @EdP 

Good luck to you. If I could make a suggestion, start with getting yourself certified. The Inbound Certification is a great starting point. The HubSpot Marketing software and Sales software certifications teach you to use the software. Then consider Social Media and Content. They probably fit best with the PR classroom. Holler if we can help!

Best!

Paula

EdP
Occasional Contributor

Paula, thank you! Ed

0 Upvotes
Academy Team

Wecome @EdP ! @MrsPTMorris actually did a great project with her students using our software - a bit similar but different in some key points to what you're aiming to do at Northeastern. The website for her project is here: www.ourfirstjobsearch.com. She uses our software for students to blog, build landing pages, etc. 

0 Upvotes
EdP
Occasional Contributor

Julia, thanks for sharing this information.

Paula, your students have done a great job with the website and supporting materials. It's a terrific project.

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Thanks, @EdP ,

Please share the site with your students if you find it valuable. 

Best!

paula

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi, everyone.

I have been a Hubspot partner for 9 years and started teaching Digital Marketing using Hubspot at UCLA Extension since 2016. this new partner resoure site is great and certainly an improvement.

Looking forward to sharing stories about teaching challenges and solutions through this community.

New Contributor

Hi, I'm Carolyn Shiery and I teach all marketing classes. I've been teaching for over 30 years and the only class I haven't done is channels & logistics.  I will be using Hubspot for my digital marketing class and I'm looking forward to having my students use real world tools and gaining their certifications.

I currently have them work with clients on digital marketing strategies, so this just adds another layer.  I've known about HubSpot for years, but just recently discovered their Education Partners program.  I am very excited to be a part of this community and I'm looking forward to sharing experiences and projects.

New Contributor

Hi

As already described in my short introduction, we are just about to start a qualification with IHK certificate (chamber for industry and commerce). If there are EPP members here who teach inbound marketing in German-speaking countries, you might be interested in the concept IHK. I would also be very interested in the exchange with other lecturers who have made inbound marketing a topic in this region. If you are interested in an exchange, please contact me here or by DM

Thanks...

Peter Fuermetz

0 Upvotes
Visitor

Julia: 

Sorry I hadn't responded to this back in July.  I am teaching Introduction to Integrated Marketing Communications at Dominican University.  This is the 7th year I have taught this course.  As we discussed, I am continually looking to make the course more interactive and relevant to real-world experiences students are likely to confront in their marketing communications careers.  

Academy Team

Jeff - we're happy to have you join! We hope this community will add a lot of value to your instruction in the classroom. 

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi everyone!

I'm Leo, and I'm going to teach my first Inbound Marketing class in September to Bachelor students. I'm glad to be part of this EP program, and would be really interested in having your best practices. I'm also looking for real cases that I could possibly share with my future students. Feel free to reach out to me!

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hello colleagues,

My name is Eugene, and I teach Marketing communication and Entrepreneurship as a hobby at National Research University Higher School of Economics https://www.hse.ru/en/ in Moscow. I plan to use HubSpot excellent online content to blend it into Marketing communication course for 3rd-year bachelor’s students that will start in January 2020 and will end in July. Right now, I am at exploring stage on how to blend the content into the course.

If anyone has experience in doing a blended online/offline course with HubSpot materials, it would be great if you can share your experience.

Please feel free to connect with me at LI https://www.linkedin.com/in/eugene-tsaplin-1855b952/  or FB https://www.facebook.com/tsaplin

Sincerely,

Eugene

0 Upvotes
Visitor

Hello

• My name is Eduardo Pilatti and I am Centro Europeu Director. I do not teach at Digital Marketing course, I only coordinate the school.
  • I have used HubSpot for the last 2 years, only observing the marketing sector job. 
  • I am really excited to be part of the Educational Program! 
New Contributor

Hello everybody, my name is Mai Tran. I'm currently a professor at University of Engineering and Technology, Information Technology Faculty. This is the first time I use Hubspot. I will use hubspot for my digital marketing fundamental for startup course which is going to last 15 weeks. 

Regular Contributor

Good luck @tkvmai 

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hey there!

I'm Alicia from CT. I teach at both Post University and Southern Connecticut State University. They call me a "scholarly practitioner" as I worked in marketing management prior to teaching. Smiley Happy 

I have used a CRM in the past although I am new to HubSpot. I am excited about what HubSpot has to offer. This Fall I will have HubSpot lessons/courses within my Customer Relationship Management, Sales and Techniques of Selling course, and Product and Market Planning courses. 

I am very impressed HubSpot's onboarding and course materials. I also like the CRM user interface and ease of use. 

I look forward to learning more and being an active member of the educator community. 

Alicia Garfield

Academy Team

As far as the Product and Market Plannin course, you might be interested in ELEVATE, which is meant for entrepreneurs starting their own business and need to understand the fun...

• As far as pesonas are concerned, there are all of our lesssons regarding personas
  • If you'd like students to develop a Marketing Plan, I'd suggest the Email Marketing Certification, Social Media Certification, and Developing an End-to-End Instagram Marketing Strategy For Your Business Short Course. 
  • For Brand Positioning: Measuring Brand Engagement and Emotional Connection Short Course. 

Lastly, as far as the Sales courses are concerned, you may be interested in the two new sales certifications coming out! 

Good luck teaching this course! Seems like it would be great! 

Academy Team

Hi @AGarfield and welcome!

I heard from @jgueron that you were looking for a bit more information and resources on product and project management. 

The two best product management books that I have read are “High Output Management” by Andrew Grove and “Measure What Matters” by John Doerr. 

A lot of what is covered in each book is directly applicable to product management but also broad enough to be applied to other roles. 

Skillshare has a great course called 
"Fundamentals of Product Management” and you can do a 30-day trial of Skillshare for free!

If you have any questions on product or program management I’d be happy to answer them.

Julien
Occasional Contributor

These books are classics!!!!!!!! Great Choices.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, I'll check these out! BTW the book I use for class is:

Crawford M and Di Benedetto A. New Products Management.11th edition, McGraw-Hill Education, 2015. ISBN-13: 007802904x (hard copy or electronic edition).

Alicia

0 Upvotes
Visitor

Hello! My name is Susan Calderón. I teach Digital Marketing courses at University Collegue Dublin. I'm starting to use Hubspot and happy to integrate them in my courses!

Visitor

Hello!

My name is Sarah. I am the Program Manager for the Marketing and Social Media Management Degree at Moraine Park Technical College. I just created a new course that will be utilizing the HubSpot Education training videos and certifications. My students will be earning two certificates by the end of the course. 

Regular Contributor

Awesome! Which two? I <3 the certifications. I don't have to create exams anymore!