Education Partner Program Community

jgueron
Academy-Team
Academy-Team

Welcome Education Partners!

We're so glad to have you join the Education Partner Community here at HubSpot. This is your space to ask questions, connect, and chat about the education. Please take a moment and answer a few questions. We'd all love to get to know you: 

• Your name and what you teach? 
  • How long (and in what capacity) have you been using HubSpot?
  • Anything else? 

To get things started: I'm Julia Gueron and I help HubSpot manage partnerships with college and university faculty members interested in using our resources. My job is to serve our community of educators in using Hubspot in a way that best fits their needs, and developing new ideas to serve educators. If you have an idea to make HubSpot better work for you... I'm your person! I am based out of HubSpot's headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts. 

In addition to using this space for conversations, opinions, and sharing, we will use this space to share updates, events, opportunities, and more.

Please keep in mind that this will be held to the Community guidelines and Terms of Use, so please ensure your conversations are relevant, helpful and friendly.

133 Antworten
SambitLenka
Mitglied

Hi,

I am Sambit and I am an Assistant Professor at Jönköping International Business School in Sweden. I mainly teach digital business, Innovation management and Marketing courses. I am new at HubSpot and I look forward to interacting with you all in the future. 

Cheers!

jgueron
Academy-Team
Academy-Team

Welcome @SambitLenka ! 

0 Upvotes
reallyleila
Mitglied

Hi everyone!

I am Leila Samii an Assistant Professor of Marketing at Southern New Hampshire University. Currently, I run the Social Media Marketing Minor and am the Marketing Program Coordinator for campus. This year we are revamping out marketing curriculum so would love to learn more about ideas that you may all have with the future of marketing.

We incorporate Hubspot Inbound and Content Marketing into a number of our social media minor courses. Looking forward to building a community and learning more!

rchanna
Mitglied

Rich Hanna, Babson College.

I teach Digital Marketing (grad and undergrad), Social Media & Advertising (grad and undergrad), Sales, and Marketing Research 

I have been using HubSpot's certifications in my classes for the last 5 years and I follow the blog posts to keep myself up to date.

I'm a huge SciFi and Fantasy fan.

MrsPTMorris
Stratege/Strategin

Welcome, @rchanna  Star Wars or Star Trek? Both?

rchanna
Mitglied

Both!

DrGuilbault
Mitglied

I am excited to finally log in!

I am a faculty member in NJIT's Martin Tuchman School of Management. I teach a variety of marketing classes. For the fall semester that includes Customer Insights. This is a project based course that is supported by open access resources and material I curate weekly. I have used some of HubSpot's material for a few years.

DrKirkwood
Mitglied

Hi all!

My name is Heather Kirkwood and I am completely new to HubSpot, but excited to get started.  I work for SUNY-Farmingdale.  I teach courses in Sales, Consumer Behavior and Marketing Principles.  I am looking forward to being part of this community.

~Heather

csepulveda
Mitglied

Hello Everyone. I am Cristian, and I will teach Social Media Marketing this semester (for the first time) at Fort Lewis College. I am incorporating two of the HubSpot certifications as part of the class requirements (social media and email). I will share my students' feedback with you here as the semester advance.

Cristian

bsspies
Mitglied

Hi!

My name is Barbara Spies. I am a Professor of Communication at Cardinal Stritch University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I teach Organizational Social Media and Applied Communication Research, among other courses. I am new to HubSpot and am hoping to help guide my students through several certifications.

Barbara

prosati
Mitglied

Hi Everyone,

My name is Pierangelo Rosati; I'm Assistant Professor in Business Analytics at DCU Business School and I teach data analytics and metrics in our MSc in Digital Marketing. I'm currently exploring how we can embed HubSpot resources within in our pogramme.

sninmer
Mitglied

Hello!

My name is Sarah. I am the Program Manager for the Marketing and Social Media Management Degree at Moraine Park Technical College. I just created a new course that will be utilizing the HubSpot Education training videos and certifications. My students will be earning two certificates by the end of the course. 

MrsPTMorris
Stratege/Strategin

Awesome! Which two? I ❤️ the certifications. I don't have to create exams anymore!

calderonsusan
Mitglied

Hello! My name is Susan Calderón. I teach Digital Marketing courses at University Collegue Dublin. I'm starting to use Hubspot and happy to integrate them in my courses!

AGarfield
Teilnehmer/-in

Hey there!

I'm Alicia from CT. I teach at both Post University and Southern Connecticut State University. They call me a "scholarly practitioner" as I worked in marketing management prior to teaching. 🙂 

I have used a CRM in the past although I am new to HubSpot. I am excited about what HubSpot has to offer. This Fall I will have HubSpot lessons/courses within my Customer Relationship Management, Sales and Techniques of Selling course, and Product and Market Planning courses. 

I am very impressed HubSpot's onboarding and course materials. I also like the CRM user interface and ease of use. 

I look forward to learning more and being an active member of the educator community. 

Alicia Garfield

Julien
Academy-Team
Academy-Team

Hi @AGarfield and welcome!

I heard from @jgueron that you were looking for a bit more information and resources on product and project management. 

The two best product management books that I have read are “High Output Management” by Andrew Grove and “Measure What Matters” by John Doerr. 

A lot of what is covered in each book is directly applicable to product management but also broad enough to be applied to other roles. 

Skillshare has a great course called 
"Fundamentals of Product Management” and you can do a 30-day trial of Skillshare for free!

If you have any questions on product or program management I’d be happy to answer them.

Julien
AGarfield
Teilnehmer/-in

Thanks, I'll check these out! BTW the book I use for class is:

Crawford M and Di Benedetto A. New Products Management.11th edition, McGraw-Hill Education, 2015. ISBN-13: 007802904x (hard copy or electronic edition).

Alicia

0 Upvotes
RandyEmerson
Mitglied

These books are classics!!!!!!!! Great Choices.

0 Upvotes
jgueron
Academy-Team
Academy-Team

As far as the Product and Market Plannin course, you might be interested in ELEVATE, which is meant for entrepreneurs starting their own business and need to understand the fun...

• As far as pesonas are concerned, there are all of our lesssons regarding personas
  • If you'd like students to develop a Marketing Plan, I'd suggest the Email Marketing Certification, Social Media Certification, and Developing an End-to-End Instagram Marketing Strategy For Your Business Short Course. 
  • For Brand Positioning: Measuring Brand Engagement and Emotional Connection Short Course. 

Lastly, as far as the Sales courses are concerned, you may be interested in the two new sales certifications coming out! 

Good luck teaching this course! Seems like it would be great! 

tkvmai
Mitglied

Hello everybody, my name is Mai Tran. I'm currently a professor at University of Engineering and Technology, Information Technology Faculty. This is the first time I use Hubspot. I will use hubspot for my digital marketing fundamental for startup course which is going to last 15 weeks. 

MrsPTMorris
Stratege/Strategin

Good luck @tkvmai 

0 Upvotes