Education Partner Program Community

jgueron
Academy Team
Academy Team

Beta-testing a new HubSpot Education Asset

Hi all! 

I'm writing this post to see if anyone here in the community would be interested in a project that I'm working on. For some context, I started at HubSpot about 5 months ago. All new HubSpot employees are taken through a 2~ week training that requires them to think of a fake business and use HubSpot software to power all parts of that business - from its website, to marketing, to sales. If you're curious, here was my final project - a business that allowed smaller podcasters to create merchandise for their fans. 

As someone that didn't know about thing about tech (this is me when my phone isn't working), to someone who was able to build a fake business and track leads and conversions, this was a huge step for me. And so I thought, why not pull inspiration from HubSpot's New Hire Training program to create an in-class program for Education Partners? 

So, the result is:
  • 18 powerpoint modules that start general and walk you through the philosophical elements of Inbound, before digging deeper into how to build a landing page, thank you page, track email success, etc. Cumulatively, this is about 29.5 hours of content (meaning powerpoint slides, activities, and readings)
  • A syllabus and grading rubric for you
  • A HUGE emphasis on the DO portion of "Learn and Do"
I presented this work to my colleagues earlier this month and here were my slides with more information on who would be the best target audience for something like this. 

I'm looking for a group of professors who wouldn't mind beta-testing this in their classroom. Would anyone be interested? What additional information would you like from me? Please feel free to use this thread to post questions! 

26 Replies 26
jgueron
Academy Team
Academy Team

How could I forget, @awakin1 ?! 

awakin1
Contributor

Hi @jgueron 

I've just has a quick look and wondered can 'teams' within the platform build this currently (if not fully functioning, at least a working model?)?  If so, yes, I could potentially use the worksheets in this semester for that and seek feedback.

I've got my materials created for lectures but may be able to use components of this in some seminars or flip elements but I'd need time to fully asssess it first.  Great job from my first sight of things.

0 Upvotes
jgueron
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi John,

Maybe I'm not understanding - do you mean these types of teams

jgueron
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi John,

The teams functionality works, and currently ANYONE can build out a business in HubSpot - this project in particular just allows for guidance and order. I'm having trouble understanding how the teams function has to do with the project, though. Maybe you can enlighten me? 

0 Upvotes
awakin1
Contributor

Thanks @jgueron Julia,

It’s more to do with my exploring current assessment and potential future assessment alongside of access to the platform. Teams are great for ‘limiting’ what other groups can view in circumstances of deploying content for one website. Just hadn’t considered its use for multiple websites. I’m excited to hear more on Monday. Keep up the great work Julia!
0 Upvotes
awakin1
Contributor

Yes @jgueron,

It’s those teams - many thanks.
0 Upvotes