Education Partner Program Community

jgueron
Academy Team
Academy Team

BIG Update: Content Marketing Certification

We're giving the Content Marketing Certification course a BIG makeover to include a Mastery Plan. 

Current Offering (last updated in 2016): 

• 12 lessons
  • 1 certification credential 
  • 1 workbook full of practical exercises for students to apply what they’ve learned

New Offering (expected at INBOUND 2019 [September 2019]): 

What you can expect for your students: 

• The new Content Marketing Certification will offer 7 continuing education lessons that are split up into various specialized courses. Students will learn more about SEO, content strategy, business blogging, and video marketing. 
  • We’ll provide a promotion pack, which includes sample social posts and a badge students can embed on their website to proudly share their example with the rest of the world.  
  • Students will receive a content marketing toolkit with how-to resources from brands we’ve partnered with, like Moz, Venngage, and Contently.
  • We’re collaborating with industry influencers to have them teach their areas of expertise.
  • We’re Improving the Content Marketing Workbook. Since this workbook first launched in 2017, it’s become one of HubSpot's top-performing offers with over 60,000 people using it as a resource to build a content process for their business. All lessons in the Content Marketing Certification will have a module that directs students to their workbook to complete the exercise, so students can practice what they learn.

So, what's the next step? 

8 Replies 8
Lahm44

Hi, 

I recently passed the Content Marketing Certification and wanted to post to Upwork, but there's no button for this certification on Upwork. I messaged Upwork and they said that Hubspot needs to make it available in their list to allow me to publish my new certificate. 

Can you help?

0 Upvotes
jgueron
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi David,

This thread and community is for Eduation Partners - faculty members at colleges and universities that are using the Content Marketing Certification in their courses. I think your question is definitely valid! You can ask Academy Learning Center Support. Seems like others have also asked similar questions. 

Good luck! 

0 Upvotes
jgueron
Academy Team
Academy Team

Now live in HubSpot Academy - a new Short Course on Content Marketing that may interest you!

A successful content strategy is telling your business's story in a way that attracts, engages and delights your audience through each stage of the buyer's journey. All of which you'll learn how to do in this course. 

Course Details:
6 lessons

25 videos

6 quizzes

3hr 29 minutes completion time

Our new Content Strategy Course: https://hubs.ly/H0kcsf30

0 Upvotes
Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

A lot has happened since HubSpot and I first launched the Content Marketing Certification course in 2016; new platforms have emerged, existing mediums have become more popular, and search engines have evolved, which means that new strategies and tactics need to be learned to stay relevant. 

There’s a lot that goes into developing a mindset for being an effective content marketer, which is why we’re overhauling the current Content Marketing Certification course. Students who complete the new Content Marketing Certification course, supplemental specialized courses, and Content Marketing Workbook will be prepared to confidently compete for a position and provide value to a business immediately. Plus, over 40,000 professionals across the globe have earned their Content Marketing Certification from HubSpot Academy, so they’d be joining a strong community of digital marketing professionals.

Have a question or want to learn more? Submit your questions here and we’ll answer them in this post.

JDonohue

I'm eager to check out the new certification course and incorporate it into my college course offerings! I was going to undergo it myself this summer, with the hopes of offering it to my students this fall; however, Julia mentioned the redesign and suggested I wait. 

0 Upvotes
jgueron
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @JDonohue 

Justin has completed the study guide for the new content marketing certification, which you can access here. I hope that it'll be useful to you as you plan your course! 

0 Upvotes
JDonohue

Thanks for sharing the new Content Marketing study guide. The course looks great - can't wait to get certified and share the opportunity with my students. Please keep the updates coming so we know when the updated course is available!

0 Upvotes
Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @JDonohue,

Julia's right, you'll want to wait until the end of August (8/29). We're relaunching the Content Marketing Certification course in a big way. The goal is to make it as valuable and practical for students as possible. 

Looking forward to your feedback! 

0 Upvotes