Education Partner Program Community

jgueron
Academy Team
Academy Team

Ask HubSpot: Instructional Continuity when Teaching Remote

Hi everybody! 

We've created this post to answer questions, post resources, and spur discussion on how to keep intructional continuity if your institution mandates or encourages remote teaching. 

We're happy to answer any questions you have about teaching - including teaching HubSpot - remotely. Please ask, share, and comment! 

0 Upvotes
14 Replies 14
TEdt

Can you please say the way you solved this problem? What adjustments did you make to the code?

0 Upvotes
jgueron
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hey @TEdt - it looks like you may be looking for help on another thread. If we can provide assistance around teaching remotely, let us know!

0 Upvotes
jgueron
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi all - 

@jacquelinebabb has posted some extremely helpful resources for teaching remote. 

Here's the link to her post. Thanks @jacquelinebabb 

huldagblack

I just added users to my Educator's account. I've read all the articles, but still cannot figure out how to assign the certificates.

Also, any tips on how to ensure the students are not just googling the answers? I'm thinking of possibly having a second assessment on our LMS, or is there a way for them to video themselves taking the exam?

0 Upvotes
jgueron
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @huldagblack 

Thanks for reaching out. We have an FAQ article about assigning certification and tracking progress here

All of our FAQs regarding certifications are here

Regarding the possibility that students would Google answers on their own, I agree that that's not something that we can track currently. However, there are are a few ways to ensure that students are taking their certification (and taking it seriously!): 

1) If you're concerned with students photoshopping their certifications, you can actually track their progress (help doc here), to make sure that they actually took it

2) One way to ensure that students are completing their exam on their own is to assign a certification that requires a practical exercise (i.e., something that they actually have to perform within the HubSpot software to psas on to the next module of the certification). Certifications that have practical exercises all have the word "HubSpot" in the title. One such certification I would recommend is the Marketing Software Certification, as it's quite in-depth and goes through all of the tools that students have at their disposal thanks to the fact that you're an EPP. This is an especially lucrative certification because it is only available to people who have purchased HubSpot software, so people usually only complete it once employed at a HubSpot client. Having your students complete it prior to completing their education puts them at a good place to say they're knowledgeable and comfortable using HubSpot. 

3) If you're assigning something like the Content Marketing Certification, there is a workbook that goes along with it. I would encourage students to not only take the certification and pass the exam, but to complete some exercises in the workbook as well to make sure that they've comprehended the material. 

Lastly, if you are assigning any certifications that require practical exams, please make sure your students have the correct permissions

Please let me know if you have any other questions! Stay safe. 

0 Upvotes
huldagblack

Julie,
This is great. I have read all that. My big question is still “do I assign the certificate” in hub spot or do I just tell them which one? The wording in one of the help documents implies I assign it, yet I’ve followed the steps to add/permissions, but don’t see how to actually “assign.”
0 Upvotes
jgueron
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi  @huldagblack ,

Got it! Thanks for clarifying and apologies for not understanding earlier. Simply put, you can tell the students to take the certification you want to assign them, and as long as they're added as users, they can either do one of two things: 

1) Google "[Name of HubSpot Certification]" and take the certification by landing on our webpage or...

2) Go into their HubSpot Academy App (top right corner of their screen on their profile, Under "Account and Billing"), and find the certification in that search tool. 

This PPT might also be helpful, specifically slides 5 and 6. The short answer is that you tell them the certification yo uwant them to complete, and htey find it themselves. However, slide 6 is probably going to be helpful for them as well, as it outlines what they should know as it relates to the final exam and the accessibiltiy of the course. 

0 Upvotes
huldagblack

Okay, got it! The wording kept making me think that I had to assign it.

0 Upvotes
jgueron
Academy Team
Academy Team

Thanks for the feedback @huldagblack ! I'll change that now. 

0 Upvotes
jgueron
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi all,

In case you were wondering, HubSpot Support is still operating at full capacity. If you have an Enterprise portal (which you should have, as an EP. Reach out to me if you don't), you have access to call or chat in. Here is more information on those resources

0 Upvotes
jgueron
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi all:

Huge (and positive) update on Loom, which is a resource we included in our initial email out ot EPPs. Long story short - Loom Pro is now going to be FREE FOREVER to higher ed institutions. No limits on the amount of videos you can record and store!: 

We know Loom is particularly useful for communicating when you can’t be in the same room, and after seeing increased usage in the regions hit hardest by the virus, we’re taking immediate action to ensure our product is accessible to as many people as possible.

Through July 1, 2020, we are:

1. Removing recording limits on our free plan — 25 is now unlimited
  2. Cutting the price of Loom Pro in half — $10/month is now $5/month
  3. Extending all trials of Loom Pro from 14 to 30 days

We are also making Loom Pro free for teachers and students at K-12 schools, universities, or educational institutions. Forever. 

COVID-19 & Loom's Responsibility - Watch Video

0 Upvotes
colin-christie

"We are also making Loom Pro free for teachers and students at K-12 schools, universities, or educational institutions. Forever. "

That's great news!  We are a higher-ed college in the Philippines.  How do we sign up for the free Loom Pro?

0 Upvotes
jgueron
Academy Team
Academy Team

0 Upvotes
jacquelinebabb
Participant

Hi everyone! My campus just announced remote learning effective end of day today. Have any of your universities given guidance on their expectations of remote learning (i.e. minimum contact time, specific use of technology)? If you do have guidance, I would be curious to learn what that guidance looks like.

Thanks,

Jacqueline

0 Upvotes