Education Partner Program Community

jgueron
Academy Team
Academy Team

2 *NEW* Sales Certifications in HubSpot Academy... Coming Soon.

You heard it here first! 

There will be two *NEW* Sales Certifications coming to HubSpot Academy by September 3rd, 2019. 

The Frictionless Sales Certification

HubSpot created the Frictionless Selling Framework earlier this year as a way to apply flywheel thinking to a sales organization. It's served as the keynote at many of our events and has been quite popular. Here's what the three aspects of that framework looks like: 

This is the way we want students  to think about high-level sales strategy. What better way to do this than to provide a certification? 

The Frictionless Sales Certification will have four lessons (one introducing the flywheel and the framework, then one for each of the three stages in the framework above), culminating in an exam and badge for those who pass. Better yet, each lesson also has a customer story from a real business that is practicing the principles covered in that lesson.

Along with the certification, we'll have worksheets that will help students in applying these lessons to real life situations.

Sales Management Certification

Late last year, we released a three-hour short course for sales managers. It had neither an exam nor a certification. But, now that we have the Frictionless Sales and the Inbound Sales Certification - at the upper and lower-level of the sales hierarchy, respectively - it we are also creating a new certificate-granting course for frontline managers.

Questions? 

Post any questions you have about these certifications or any other sales certifications you'd like to incorporate into your coursework below, and the illustrious Academy Professor himself, @KyleJepson, will answer them! 

11 Replies 11
glenn_h
Contributor

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
glenn_h
Contributor

Apologies, but I have the worse time navigating the community.  I would like a "HubSpot Workflows" certification course that covers the building and coding of HubSpot workflows  and have no idea where to put the idea.  Thanks.

0 Upvotes
jgueron
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi Glenn! Apologies for the confusion and late reply. The Ideas forum is typically where we gather feedback for future products and content. You can access it at ideas.hubspot.com

That said, I'll be sure to forward this to the Academy team! 

awakin1
Contributor

Great to see these additions. Will explore these in the context of ‘additionality’ and development for my module on Sales and Events. Thanks for sharing this news
jgueron
Academy Team
Academy Team

@AGarfield and @marycaravella 

Happy to report that these two new certifications are now live in HubSpot Academy! 

Thank you for your hard work @KyleJepson ! If you have any other resources to share, feel free to do so 🙂 

AGarfield
Participant

These sound amazing and would work well in our Sales force Management course. Thank you for creating these valuable resources!
KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

That's great to hear! I hope they work well for you. Both of these should be live by the end of the month, and we're adding PDF worksheets to each lesson to help people apply the learnings. If there's anything else that would help you with your sales force management course, let us know!

PostUnv
Participant

Hi @KyleJepson! We have a Inbound Sales and Sales Software in our intro to selling course (~3 hrs). Inbound Marketing and Marketing Software in our CRM course (thanks to @jgueron). With our sales management course, I'd like to add Sales Management Strategies, Frictionless Sales and Sales Enablement (~8 hrs). Do you have a recommendation on order for the sales management course? Or perhaps adjusting what runs when? 

KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

This is amazing! The courses are fairly independent, so I don't think there's a particular order you have to do them in. Sales Enablement and Sales Management are very similar style-wise (both based on interviews with experts), and they complement each other nicely. Frictionless Sales is a much shorter course and is more of a high-level, general strategy course, while the other two are much more tactical and actionable. I could imagine Frictionless Sales coming earlier in the course and setting the tone for WHY it's important to think about these things, and then Sales Enablement and Sales Management coming later as a demonstration of what sorts of things you'll actually do.

Does that make sense?

marycaravella

Glad to hear about the new resources- will the existing inbound sales course be going away?  Just looking to plan for the semester as I assign material from current course next Thursday (Aug 29)

0 Upvotes
KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

@marycaravella - No! We are definitely keeping the existing Inbound Sales course. Inbound Sales teaches tactics that are useful for individual salespeople in their day-to-day work. These new courses are higher-level strategy for the managers and executives who lead those salespeople. The courses are meant to complement each other.

0 Upvotes