Welcome Education Partners!

jgueron
Academy Team

We're so glad to have you join the Education Partner Community here at HubSpot. This is your space to ask questions, connect, and chat about the education. Please take a moment and answer a few questions. We'd all love to get to know you: 

• Your name and what you teach? 
  • How long (and in what capacity) have you been using HubSpot?
  • Anything else? 

To get things started: I'm Julia Gueron and I help HubSpot manage partnerships with college and university faculty members interested in using our resources. My job is to serve our community of educators in using Hubspot in a way that best fits their needs, and developing new ideas to serve educators. If you have an idea to make HubSpot better work for you... I'm your person! I am based out of HubSpot's headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts. 

In addition to using this space for conversations, opinions, and sharing, we will use this space to share updates, events, opportunities, and more.

Please keep in mind that this will be held to the Community guidelines and Terms of Use, so please ensure your conversations are relevant, helpful and friendly.

123 Replies 123
EdP
Participant

Julia, thanks for sharing this information.

Paula, your students have done a great job with the website and supporting materials. It's a terrific project.

0 Upvotes
MrsPTMorris
Top Contributor

Thanks, @EdP ,

Please share the site with your students if you find it valuable. 

Best!

paula

0 Upvotes
MrsPTMorris
Top Contributor

Hi @EdP 

Good luck to you. If I could make a suggestion, start with getting yourself certified. The Inbound Certification is a great starting point. The HubSpot Marketing software and Sales software certifications teach you to use the software. Then consider Social Media and Content. They probably fit best with the PR classroom. Holler if we can help!

Best!

Paula

EdP
Participant

Paula, thank you! Ed

0 Upvotes
Chaka
Participant

Hello everyone.

My name is Chaka , I teach digital marketng at  undergad and postgrad level. On the digital marketing degree and masters at Birmingham city university, UK.

I have used hubspot professionally for about 3 years and looking forward introducing it to my students.

MrsPTMorris
Top Contributor

@Chaka  Let us know if you have questions! I've tried (and failed at ) a bunch of things!

Paula

Cdrehmer

Hi Everyone,

My name is Charlie Drehmer and I teach in the Center for Sales Leadership at DePaul University in Chicago.

I have been using HubSpot in my Sales Fundamentals course for the past two years.  The class uses HubSpot to help raise scholarship funds for disadvantages students.  The program is very user friedly and gives students CRM expereince they can leverge in their job interviewing process.

MrsPTMorris
Top Contributor

Thanks for sharing @Cdrehmer. Non-porfit fundraising is the topic I most loved teaching when I taught Sales. What a beautiful, relevant application!

jgueron
Academy Team

Sounds like an amazing project you've got your students working on! 

0 Upvotes
JDonohue

Hi! My name is Jennie Donohue, and I'm a senior professional lecturer and director of the public relations curriculum at UMass Amherst. I teach public relations, integrated marketing communication, and social media. I piloted the Social Media Certification in one of my courses this past semester and am looking forward to incorporating more HubSpot resources into my courses. 

KT85
Participant

Hello everyone, my name is Kathy Thibault and I'm new to HubSpot in this arena.  I feel I've already learned a ton and am excited to see what I can glean and share in this forum.

I'm a seasoned Strategic Account Planner in advertising for 25 years helping shape creative work with amazing creatives and clients. This fall, I'm taking on added direction and am thrilled to begin teaching several courses at Chapman University.  I'll be teaching Digital Marketing, Strategy & Research in Advertising, Advertising Campaigns (fall), and Principles in Advertising (spring).

I love to figure out what motivates people, what inspires them, and how brands fit into their constructs.  Conversely, what do brands "believe" in, why are they the way they are, and then how does their product reflect that belief system. 

agaptus

Hello everyone,

My name is Agaptus. I teach at Emerson College in Boston. I am glad to join the  community here.  I joined Emerson in 2015, and teach Media, Messages and Channels, Online Behavior and Web Analytics, and Interactive Digital Technologies. Shout out to my colleague Randy Harrison, who introduced me to HubSpot academy. 

PeterFuermetz

Hi,

I am Peter Fuermetz, Diplom Pädagoge (adult education) from Regensburg, Germany). In the main occupation I am agency owner of HOPPE7, one of the first partner agencies (Platinum) here in Germany.

I had various teaching assignments:
* University of Regensburg, Media Sciences: Crossmedial Marketing
* University of Regensburg, Psychology: Coaching and Personnel Development
* Ostbayerische Technologie Hochschule Regensburg (Marketing MBA Program) : Sales Management and Sales Training

We are currently on the verge of starting a course at the IHK Akademie (Chamber of Industry and Commerce) to become an "Inbound Marketing Manager (IHK)". In addition I could win some colleagues from other partner agencies as lecturers, who are also all the opinion that we absolutely need qualified coworkers for us and our customers.

Apart from that, our clients always include elements of training, and we also have an internal learning session every Monday in the agency's team.

I am very happy to be part of this community, and I look forward to a lively exchange with all of you!

Peter

barhoum
For those teaching Marketing Operations, my textbook is available on Amazon 🙂 Marketing Operations: Make the Transformation.
0 Upvotes
DWJ

Hi all,

I'm Dana Williams-Johnson, I'm a full time instructor in the Marketing Department at Howard University. I'm also a doctoral student at Howard. I teach Social and Internet Marketing (undergrad), Digital Marketing (graduate) and Digital Publishing (undergrad). I started using HubSpot spring 2019 in an undergrad and graduate courses and am hoping to increase my usage after how well my students took to it last semester. 

pierluigi_rippa

Hi all, this is Pierluigi from University of Naples Federico II, Italy.

I'm the coordinator of the master degree program in Managerial Engineering, and I teach Strategy and Entrepreneurship to engineering students.

I'd never use Hubspot, we'll experiment it in my next course in September!

Ciao

Pierluigi

imoche
Academy Team

Welcome @ekinsky , @barhoum , @jasongeesey , @BernardoV , @PioProf , @jpsanchez , @DianneMcDermott , @thiagostanisci , @jtoupo , @LaurenceMinsky . We're so happy to have you as active members in our community and Education Partner Program. 

Two quick questions for you all: 

1. What is the biggest challenge you are facing today as an educator? 
  2. How can this community/message board help you become the best educator possible? What (and who) would you be excited to see/learn about/hear from?

jtoupo
Contributor

Thank you @imoche !

1. A correct balance between theoretical components and practical tasks

2. This community and all around EPP it's simple phenomenal a great help

Stay in touch!

LaurenceMinsky

Hi All,

I'm Laurence Minsky, associate professor at Columbia College, where I teach advertising.  My courses include Ad Copywriting, Social Media Content, Ad Porfolio Development, Art Director/Copywriter Teams, and other creatively-oriented courses.

Topics of my articles for such outlets as The Harvard Business Review and elsewhere have ranged from social selling and social media to branding, executive decision making, and cybersecurity as it relates to brand safety. 

And, my books include The Activation Imperative: How to Build Brands and Business by Inspiring Action; Audio Branding: Using Sound to Build Your Brand; Advertising Under One Hour, and, in November, Global Brand Management.

In my consulting, through an ad agency, I have used HubSpot for in-bound lead generation and nurturing digital marketing campaigns and HubSpot blog posts with my student, but I have not yet integrated HubSpot Academy courses into my courses.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on effectively integrating HubSpot Academy and HubSpot  Certifications into my courses as well as simply connect with other instructors of social media, advertising, and marketing.

Thanks in advance and hope all is well!

Larry

jtoupo
Contributor

Hi, everyone! I'm Javier writing from Navarra, Spain.

I'm Marketing Director of a B2B Technological company and passionate Inbound Marketing professor at the University of Navarra.

I'm so glad and honoured to lead the first university Inbound Marketing subject here in Spain. We are going to start on September 5 with the first group of 42 students.

The movement here is unstoppable and it's being funny to be a part of it.

It's a pleasure to share with all of you.

Best regards

thiagostanisci

Olá! Meu nome é Thiago Gomes e dou aula de Inbound Marketing na Impacta. Sou do Brasil.