Education Partner Program Community

jgueron
Équipe HubSpot Academy
Équipe HubSpot Academy

Welcome Education Partners!

We're so glad to have you join the Education Partner Community here at HubSpot. This is your space to ask questions, connect, and chat about the education. Please take a moment and answer a few questions. We'd all love to get to know you: 

• Your name and what you teach? 
  • How long (and in what capacity) have you been using HubSpot?
  • Anything else? 

To get things started: I'm Julia Gueron and I help HubSpot manage partnerships with college and university faculty members interested in using our resources. My job is to serve our community of educators in using Hubspot in a way that best fits their needs, and developing new ideas to serve educators. If you have an idea to make HubSpot better work for you... I'm your person! I am based out of HubSpot's headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts. 

In addition to using this space for conversations, opinions, and sharing, we will use this space to share updates, events, opportunities, and more.

Please keep in mind that this will be held to the Community guidelines and Terms of Use, so please ensure your conversations are relevant, helpful and friendly.

133 Réponses
eduardopilatti
Membre

Hello

• My name is Eduardo Pilatti and I am Centro Europeu Director. I do not teach at Digital Marketing course, I only coordinate the school.
  • I have used HubSpot for the last 2 years, only observing the marketing sector job. 
  • I am really excited to be part of the Educational Program! 
eugene_tsaplin
Participant

Hello colleagues,

My name is Eugene, and I teach Marketing communication and Entrepreneurship as a hobby at National Research University Higher School of Economics https://www.hse.ru/en/ in Moscow. I plan to use HubSpot excellent online content to blend it into Marketing communication course for 3rd-year bachelor’s students that will start in January 2020 and will end in July. Right now, I am at exploring stage on how to blend the content into the course.

If anyone has experience in doing a blended online/offline course with HubSpot materials, it would be great if you can share your experience.

Please feel free to connect with me at LI https://www.linkedin.com/in/eugene-tsaplin-1855b952/  or FB https://www.facebook.com/tsaplin

Sincerely,

Eugene

0 Votes
lhauchec
Membre

Hi everyone!

I'm Leo, and I'm going to teach my first Inbound Marketing class in September to Bachelor students. I'm glad to be part of this EP program, and would be really interested in having your best practices. I'm also looking for real cases that I could possibly share with my future students. Feel free to reach out to me!

0 Votes
jfinn
Membre

Julia: 

Sorry I hadn't responded to this back in July.  I am teaching Introduction to Integrated Marketing Communications at Dominican University.  This is the 7th year I have taught this course.  As we discussed, I am continually looking to make the course more interactive and relevant to real-world experiences students are likely to confront in their marketing communications careers.  

jgueron
Équipe HubSpot Academy
Équipe HubSpot Academy

Jeff - we're happy to have you join! We hope this community will add a lot of value to your instruction in the classroom. 

0 Votes
PeterFuermetz
Membre

Hi

As already described in my short introduction, we are just about to start a qualification with IHK certificate (chamber for industry and commerce). If there are EPP members here who teach inbound marketing in German-speaking countries, you might be interested in the concept IHK. I would also be very interested in the exchange with other lecturers who have made inbound marketing a topic in this region. If you are interested in an exchange, please contact me here or by DM

Thanks...

Peter Fuermetz

0 Votes
CShiery
Participant

Hi, I'm Carolyn Shiery and I teach all marketing classes. I've been teaching for over 30 years and the only class I haven't done is channels & logistics.  I will be using Hubspot for my digital marketing class and I'm looking forward to having my students use real world tools and gaining their certifications.

I currently have them work with clients on digital marketing strategies, so this just adds another layer.  I've known about HubSpot for years, but just recently discovered their Education Partners program.  I am very excited to be a part of this community and I'm looking forward to sharing experiences and projects.

dcaaronson
Participant | Partenaire solutions
Participant | Partenaire solutions

Hi, everyone.

I have been a Hubspot partner for 9 years and started teaching Digital Marketing using Hubspot at UCLA Extension since 2016. this new partner resoure site is great and certainly an improvement.

Looking forward to sharing stories about teaching challenges and solutions through this community.

EdP
Participant

Hi Everyone,

My name is Ed Powers, and I teach in the Master’s in Corporate and Organizational Communication program at Northeastern University. This fall we are launching a virtual public relations firm that will enable our students to work on client projects in parallel with their course work. We have decided they will do this through the Hubspot platform.

I am completely new to Hubspot and plan to immerse myself in the tool during the coming weeks to be ready for our launch on November 1. I am excited to have a community where I can share my questions and learn as quickly as possible. If you have any tips for key steps during the first 30-60 days, I’d appreciate your suggestions.

0 Votes
jgueron
Équipe HubSpot Academy
Équipe HubSpot Academy

Wecome @EdP ! @MrsPTMorris actually did a great project with her students using our software - a bit similar but different in some key points to what you're aiming to do at Northeastern. The website for her project is here: www.ourfirstjobsearch.com. She uses our software for students to blog, build landing pages, etc. 

0 Votes
EdP
Participant

Julia, thanks for sharing this information.

Paula, your students have done a great job with the website and supporting materials. It's a terrific project.

0 Votes
MrsPTMorris
Contributeur de premier rang

Thanks, @EdP ,

Please share the site with your students if you find it valuable. 

Best!

paula

0 Votes
MrsPTMorris

Hi @EdP 

Good luck to you. If I could make a suggestion, start with getting yourself certified. The Inbound Certification is a great starting point. The HubSpot Marketing software and Sales software certifications teach you to use the software. Then consider Social Media and Content. They probably fit best with the PR classroom. Holler if we can help!

Best!

Paula

EdP
Participant

Paula, thank you! Ed

0 Votes
Chaka
Participant

Hello everyone.

My name is Chaka , I teach digital marketng at  undergad and postgrad level. On the digital marketing degree and masters at Birmingham city university, UK.

I have used hubspot professionally for about 3 years and looking forward introducing it to my students.

MrsPTMorris

@Chaka  Let us know if you have questions! I've tried (and failed at ) a bunch of things!

Paula

Cdrehmer
Membre

Hi Everyone,

My name is Charlie Drehmer and I teach in the Center for Sales Leadership at DePaul University in Chicago.

I have been using HubSpot in my Sales Fundamentals course for the past two years.  The class uses HubSpot to help raise scholarship funds for disadvantages students.  The program is very user friedly and gives students CRM expereince they can leverge in their job interviewing process.

MrsPTMorris

Thanks for sharing @Cdrehmer. Non-porfit fundraising is the topic I most loved teaching when I taught Sales. What a beautiful, relevant application!

jgueron
Équipe HubSpot Academy
Équipe HubSpot Academy

Sounds like an amazing project you've got your students working on! 

0 Votes
JDonohue
Membre

Hi! My name is Jennie Donohue, and I'm a senior professional lecturer and director of the public relations curriculum at UMass Amherst. I teach public relations, integrated marketing communication, and social media. I piloted the Social Media Certification in one of my courses this past semester and am looking forward to incorporating more HubSpot resources into my courses. 

KT85
Participant

Hello everyone, my name is Kathy Thibault and I'm new to HubSpot in this arena.  I feel I've already learned a ton and am excited to see what I can glean and share in this forum.

I'm a seasoned Strategic Account Planner in advertising for 25 years helping shape creative work with amazing creatives and clients. This fall, I'm taking on added direction and am thrilled to begin teaching several courses at Chapman University.  I'll be teaching Digital Marketing, Strategy & Research in Advertising, Advertising Campaigns (fall), and Principles in Advertising (spring).

I love to figure out what motivates people, what inspires them, and how brands fit into their constructs.  Conversely, what do brands "believe" in, why are they the way they are, and then how does their product reflect that belief system.