Education Partner Program Community

jgueron
Equipo de HubSpot Academy

Ask us Anything: Content Marketing Certification

Hi everybody! 

We’re excited to relaunch the Content Marketing Certification at INBOUND 2019 in September. For some context, give this post a glance. 

While we make these updates, we’d love to hear from you. Please add your questions and comments below. Thank you for your feedback as we try and create better learning experiences for your students.

Links

EDIT: 

Justin has updated the Study Guide companion for the certification, which you can find here. I hope it will help guide you as you plan your Fall courses! 

Those who've signed up to receive the syllabus will receive it the week of August 29th. Let us know if you'd like a sneak peak, though! 

14 Respuestas 14
jgueron

If you're interested in the Content Marketing Certification, the Content Strategy short course may be interesting as well :

Now live in HubSpot Academy! 🎓 A successful content strategy is telling your business's story in a way that attracts, engages and delights your audience through each stage of the buyer's journey. All of which you'll learn how to do in this course. 

Course Details:
6 lessons

25 videos

6 quizzes

3hr 29 minutes completion time

Our new Content Strategy Course: https://hubs.ly/H0kcsf30

0 Me gusta
jgueron

Hi all! 

Justin has updated the Study Guide companion for the certification, which you can find here. I hope it will help guide you as you plan your Fall courses! 

The changes to the certification will be live August 29, 2019, at which point we will also be send out the companion syllabus. Should this syllabus be useful to you, please submit to receive a copy when it is ready here. 

@MrsPTMorris , @DrJRogers 

0 Me gusta
jgueron

For those currently using any of our Inbound Certificatiosn (like Inbound and Inbound Marketing) ( @RandyEmerson), this certification can fit in quite well.

The Content Marketing Certification provides a more strategic approach to content while the Inbound Marketing Certification focuses on tactical advice, like introducing students to forms and Landing pages. 

0 Me gusta
jgueron

Hey @DrJRogers 

Answering your questions here so that other professors might find some answers, too: 

@Champion - You mentioned 7 continuing ed lessons but listed a few more here. Can you clarify? 

We've also update the link on that post to include the lesson on videos. 

Thanks! 

0 Me gusta
jgueron

Hey @Champion , 

Thanks for making your self so available to our questions! 

In the update, we mention a toolkit and a workbook. What's the difference between the two and how can professors utilize them in the classroom? 

0 Me gusta
Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @jgueron,

The toolkit will be free resources that are offered throughout the workbook. I suggest Professors use the workbook as their north star learning resource as it connects to everything (on-demand lessons, additional resources, examples, and practical exercises). 

Thanks,

Justin

0 Me gusta
DrJRogers
Miembro

Wil you be able to provide the names, links and descriptions of the lessons soon? Prior to the release?

From what I understand Lessions 1-5 remain the same... but the rest will change. I ask as I have all of the lesons embedded in an online course that begins Aug 12- So I need to have changes submitted to our course architects ASAP to have this changed in time for the term start. The deadline for changes has alreday passed, but If I can get this info to them, I can make the changes now .. If we do not address these changes now, students will be in a course with links to your mateiral that are old an nolonger work... (Lesson 6 and on).

Also, is there a study guide link?

Will the name of the Cert be the same?

Will both be available at the same time ( the old cert classes and the new? Or will it be a complete deletion of the old and upload of the new?

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @DrJRogers,

Great questions. Please see a list of answers below:

1. Here's a list of the lessons that will be featured in the Content Marketing Certification Relaunch:

2. The structure of lessons 1-5 will be similar, but they'll still be receiving updates. Something to note, all of the lessons above are currently live (and I've linked to them above). This way, if the semester starts before the launch date of 8/29, you can still teach content marketing to your class in the Fall. 

3. Yes, there will be an updated study guide. This will be available by the end of the month with the syllabus. 

4. Yes, the name of the certification will be the same: Content Marketing Certification course.

5. The old lessons will not be available after 8/29. We're updating the links above with the updated content. This way, we won't experience duplicate content issues. 

Thanks,

Justin

0 Me gusta
MrsPTMorris
Colaborador líder

I'm looking forward to seeing the new course materials. Got any sneak peek tips?

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @MrsPTMorris , 

Here's a few things to note:

• We're providing a toolkit made up of free resources. 
  • The Content Marketing Workbook is going to be more robust with examples to help students apply what they're learning. 
  • I strongly encourage professors to weave in continuing education lessons that aren't in the Content Marketing Certification (there will be 7 of them). This will help well-round the students to become content marketing experts. 

Thanks!

Justin

0 Me gusta
MrsPTMorris
Colaborador líder

Thanks, @Champion!

I look forward to watching this certification progress!

Best!

Paula

0 Me gusta
imoche

Hey @Champion , I'll kick things off with two questions: 

What do you think are the three biggest developments in content marketing strategy since you created the certification in 2016? 

What suggestion(s)/advice do you have for students that want to get jobs as content marketers right out of school? How can they prepare to be the best candidates possible? 

0 Me gusta
Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Great question, @imoche. Please see my answers to your questions below in red:

What do you think are the three biggest developments in content marketing strategy since you created the certification in 2016?

• Video has become a powerful medium, one that can't be ignored;
  • Consistent website architecture is critical to solving for search engines as well as your website visitors;
  • And content promotion/analysis has gotten a lot tricker. 

What suggestion(s)/advice do you have for students that want to get jobs as content marketers right out of school? How can they prepare to be the best candidates possible? 

Students need to find a way to stand out to prospective job seekers. If they want a career in content/digital marketing, then here are two things that can help them through their journey:

1. Earning their Content Marketing Certification and completing the supplemental continuing education courses. This is the first step towards mastering content marketing.
  2. They need to apply what they're learning and start building a portfolio of work. This is where the Content Marketing Workbook comes in as a valuable action plan. The certification credential + a portfolio of work = content marketing mastery. These two things will show prospective employers that you can be a valuable contributor to their company immediately.