Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Engage Case Study with Meka Asonye - Ask Questions Here

Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Learn how Stripe built its sales strategy and engaged repeat visitors to become the leading payments platform for internet businesses.

0 Upvotes
13 Replies
Occasional Contributor

Hello Meka,

I just finished a marketing campaign to stadium operations and security leaders, including many baseball facilities.  It was a total flop!  How do stadium facility owners and operators find emerging technology?  How do I find out if they have problems that we solve?

For context we do dynamic security risk maps btw (quillsecurity.com).

Thanks!

Lewis Werner

CEO

https://www.linkedin.com/in/lewiswerner/

0 Upvotes
Visitor

Hi Meka! You mentioned that Stripe ran manually for years before focusing on building something scalable. How do you know it's a good moment to make that transition from a manually product to investing the resources to build a scalable product?

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

How do you validate claim of 10x better?  For example the example you presented for Uber in SFO, it is understanable the getting reliable access to transportation is better, but how do you quantify 10X better?

Occasional Contributor

Hi! When did Stripe talk to the first potential customers and how long it took to turn them into the paying customers? How much was the product ready for the market launch when the first selling talks started?  Jana from Everifin

Occasional Contributor

What is the best tool to talk with the customer or to interview? I believe is really hard, to talk one to one of these 100 people…

New Contributor

How much would you value paid lead generation services for a start-up v. taking the pain (in terms of time and cost) to build the systems and people internally to generate those leads?

p.s. In our start up we love and use Stripe Connect already but the +20p cost per transaction is killing us (we’re aiming for low value, high volume). Who can we speak to who can help us with this?

Which application did you use to organize your data?
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

For B2B sales is it important to go on site with early customers? If the prospect asks for a free demo account, should we give them one?

HubSpot Employee

Arsalan Lodhi 

When did you start charging? Were you charging at MVP stage?

New Contributor

Can you give an example of what an outbound email might look like?

0 Upvotes
Regular Visitor

Hi Meka,

Really great talk!  My business can span from SMB to enterprises.  I've decided to start with SMB for a bunch of reasons but intend to eventually serve enterprises.  I've heard feedback from investors that going downmarket is much easier (e.g. Enterprise to SMB) than the other direction.  I was happy to hear Stripe was able to go upmarket.  How did you manage perception as you went upmarket that might have caused people to think you were good for small companies, but maybe not right for the big players?

Thanks for the awesome talk!

Rob

0 Upvotes

What percentage of your inbound leads needed to be qualified by sales rep versus the inbound leads who signed up on Stripe themselves? Which is better and why?

0 Upvotes

You started in 2011 but didnt get paying customers until a few years later. How did you finance in that time and were investors interested even knowing that you didn't have revenue coming in in those first couple years?

0 Upvotes