Introduce yourself!

cpieri
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Introduce yourself!

Welcome to ELEVATE! We are so excited to work with each of you in the coming months! Let's get started by introducing ourselves. Feel free to tell us whatever you'd like but here are a few ideas to get started:

• Your name
  • Where you are located
  • What your startup is
  • What you hope to get out of ELEVATE
  • Your favorite dessert
415 Replies 415
cdonaldson

Introduce yourself!

Hi, I'm Chrissy from Exeter, England.

After struggling in my own job search, I'm pursuing an idea of a jobs-for-good job board. I want to use ELEVATE to hone my idea and decide if it's something I was to take forward.

I love a Cornish cream tea!

0 Upvotes
sarahpoh

Introduce yourself!

Hi Everyone, 

The Therapy Platform is a therapy booking platform that lists services from mental health care professionals. We are based in Singapore (GMT+8). Our market focus is Asia Pacific. 

Our challenge now is to get ourselves known with a small budget. 

Looking forward to learn and interact with you all! 

liamkelman
Contributor

Introduce yourself!

Hi,

Liam here, late to the game! NZ born, living in London.

Favorite dessert is banana cake!!!

My start-up is 

Sook transforming empty shops into adaptive retail spaces. Sook’s come with a digitally enabled fit-out allows anyone to brand the space exactly how they want to at the touch of a button. This reduces the costs and waste of a physical fit out and allows multiple tenants to make use of the space at different times of the day.

TeMaia
Contributor

Introduce yourself!

Kia ora Liam, 

From one Kiwi to another.. All the best. Looking forward to learning alongside you on this journey. 🙂 

Cheers, 

Jessie

0 Upvotes
OgechiOA

Introduce yourself!

Hello!

My name is Ogechi Anyatonwu and I'm located in Nashville, TN.  My start-up is a supply chain consulting and distribution company that's focused on small businesses in the healthcare & wellness space. 

We help to launch new products along with identification of alternate sources for existing products. 

I want to grow our marketing, sales and customer acquisition strategy through ELEVATE!

My favorite dessert is peach cobbler or cheesecake with a thick graham cracker crust lol!

Creativarian
Participant

Introduce yourself!

Hello all,

I’m Crystal McNeil and I’m located in Dallas, Texas.

We’re a full service marketing agency.

Hoping to learn something new and make connections.

My favorite dessert is chocolate ganache cake.
Ajayatvyrill

Introduce yourself!

Hello All,

Happy to e-meet everyone. This is Ajay Bam, Ceo and Co-founder of Vyrill.com, located in San Francisco.  Vyrill helps retailers and brands increase revenue and find new customers by leveraging commerce video such as video reviews, feedback, unboxing, how to videos etc. for insights, demand-generation, licensing and content marketing.  I am interested in learning about testing MVPs, growing virality and brand awareness, and lead generation tips and hacks to grow revenue.  My favorite dessert is Cardammon Kulfi (thick creamy icecream pop). 

Stay safe everyone.  Thanks, Ajay

carmelamonten

Introduce yourself!

Hi all!

My name is Carmela Montenegro

I'm based out of Quincy, MA- it's right outside of Boston, MA

My start-up is a peer-to-peer outdoor equipment rental company that focuses on education for POC and other minorities.

I hope to learn how to properly scale my business and prevent being overwhelmed.

Thai sweet rice with mango

RachelMills

Introduce yourself!

Hello, I'm Rachel from start-up Buttercup Learning based in North Somerset, UK. I'm an educator (Animation lecturer) and producer. We will be producing sustainable and environmental content for young children through our augmented reality children's book series, AR Board games and cards and, E-Learning. We want to support the next generation of Greta Thunberg's with positive actions that they can take with their families and teachers in their own communities to make the world a better place for us all. 

Hoping to develop a better understanding of strategic marketing, and sales strategies that we can implement practices to kick start and grow the business.  

Looking forward to putting the learning materials into practice as we build our E-Learning site and develop our products. 

Sticky Toffee Pudding and custard for me!

DebbieErnst

Introduce yourself!

Hi all! I am Debbie Ernst, VP of Marketing at Tru Optik.  Tru Optik is a DAAS (data as a service) company providing audience-based targeting, campaign measurement and identity resolution to power the streaming media ecosystem. Tru Optik’s patented Household Graph™ of more than 80 million homes enables the world’s leading brands, agencies, media companies, and platforms to engage consumers across OTT, streaming audio, and gaming with unmatched scale, accuracy and privacy compliance.

Our office is in Stamford, CT and I live in Old Greenwich, CT. 

I am looking forward to meeting other start ups and hearing their growth plans from a strategic perspective.

My favorite dessert is tiramisu.

Kind regards,

~ Debbie 

AreebMianoor
Participant

Introduce yourself!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Areeb Mianoor. I am located in Toronto, Canada. Currently building an EdTech startup called Project ANT, which is a freelancing platform that cares about the long term growth and development of its users whilst they earn and establish industry credibility. 

I'm hoping to utilize Elevate for my growth and business development purposes and hone my marketing and communication skills as a founder and as an individual. 

My favorite dessert is NewYork Cheesecake. 

Please add/follow me on LinkedIn, especially new startup founders, as I'll soon start posting/sharing offers and opportunities that are catered for you guys.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/areebmianoor

Thank You!

Areeb 

spincommerce
Participant

Introduce yourself!

Howdy!

My named is Maria Paz Garcia. I live in Austin, TX.

I am co-founder of SpinCommerce, we help companies implement a successful online distribution channel.

We are looking to learn how to improve our growth & marketing strategies.

My favorite desserts: watermelon

Tommaso

Introduce yourself!

Hi there. I am Tommaso, Co-founder and CEO of Tocca, a curated virtual events solution.

We are located in San Francisco, CA.

I am here to learn all the basic marketing automation tools and activities to increase lead generation.

I don't like desserts :-(. But I love pasta (I am origianally Italian) and Amatriciana is my fovorite

Looking forward to interacting. 

annabeltiong
Participant

Introduce yourself!

Your name: Annabel Tiong

Where you are located: I'm located in sunny Singapore!

What your startup is: Spenmo a spend management platform that aims to consolidate all-related company expenses (card & non-card payments) in a single dashboard so as to help businesses gain control and visibility over their expenses. 

What you hope to get out of ELEVATE: We're a fairly new start up that managed to gain  good traction at the start. However, I'm hoping to ELEVATE could help me push the company to continously new highs! 

Your favorite dessert: A gooood chocolate chip cookie 

Nornitz

Introduce yourself!

Hi Everyone! 

Nice to "e-meet" you. My name is Nick Ornitz, I am the co-founder of Dwelling, located in Boston, Massachusetts. My fellow co-founder is Shannon Kay.

Dwelling virtually connects homeowners who need home maintenance support with experienced professionals; it's like telemedicine for your home. Homeowners submit a description and photo(s) / video(s) and a matched professional on the Dwelling network provides virtual input to help homeowners determine what's wrong, how to fix the issue and whether to call a pro for in-person help.

Recent Press to learn more: New York Times and Boston Globe

We hope to connect with fellow entrepreneurs and Hubspot experts to help grow our user base with a goal of determining on the optimal channels to pursue for early stage marketing and help identifying potential go-to-market partnerships.

Favorite Desert: Lava cake with vanilla ice cream

0 Upvotes
leadmedia

Introduce yourself!

Hi, my name is Paulette Piñero and I am located in Massachusetts. I just launched a management consulting business called LEAD Media LLC and we focus on providing Diverse, Equitable, and Inclusive management strategies for organizations moving teams to work remotely. I am excited to learn about acquiring customers, sales, and automation. My favorite dessert is carrot cake.

Mainguyen
Participant

Introduce yourself!

Hi,

I'm Mai Nguyen from Vietnam. My startup Beamo & Co is based in Singapore. We create educational toy box that promote health to young children, through games and play, we provide data about the child's health and developement domains to parents and teachers. 

I hope to gain more knowlegde and skill to move my startup forward as my startup is still at an infant stage. 

My favourite dessert is flan/ Crème caramel. I just made some yesterday!

Glad to meet you all!

Krellx5

Introduce yourself!

Hey Everyone,

I am a general dentist with an MBA and about 15+ years of startup experience. I am the Head of Marketing at Simplifeye, VP of Business Development and Marketing at Supply Clinic, and the Dental Director at quip. I manage my own portfolio of about 15 healthcare ventures that I am involved with to various degrees (investor, Board, Advisor).

Simplifeye provides a 24/7 live chat, scheduling, telehealth, and payments platform for healthcare professionals. Supply Clinic is the online marketplace for medical, dental, and PPE supplies. quip is an oral health company with subscription personal care products.

At ELEVATE, I hope to meet new people that can inspire new ideas. I am interested in diversified marketing frameworks. The consumer experience in healthcare leaves much to be desired. There are many obstacles to navigate in this post/Covid world and I hope to be able to apply new ideas that I learn from ELEVATE.

I’ve been vegan for about 10 years and my favorite food is definitely chocolate pudding. I’m located in Jersey City, NJ (though I used to travel often) and the restaurant Salt + Seed makes the best chocolate pudding pie.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Best,
Jeremy
amcavinchey
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone

I'm late to introduce myself but here I am!

• Your name: Andrew McAvinchey
  • Where you are located: Dublin, Ireland
  • What your startup is:
    1. I run sales and marketing as VP of Sales and Marketing for a startup called ourtandem.com (a.k.a. Tandem HR Solutions) who help HR Directors in large organisations to shape their culture around agile work practices. We do this using a technology platform and mobile app as well as through a consultancy based service roadmap. 
    2. I also run a HubSpot Inbound Sales Agency working mainly with startups and early stage businesses, hence the role above!
  • What you hope to get out of ELEVATE: I want to learn two things: 1. How can I make my client a success by growing the company into a world changing HR tech platform. 2. What startups and early-stage businesses need from a HubSpot agency that goes beyond the normal levels of support and help that HubSpot offers to help grow their business.
  • Your favorite dessert: I am fond of a rhubarb crumble, I have to admit.
ruhansen

Introduce yourself!

My name is Rune Hansen and I am Sales and Marketing manager at Flowize Nordic AS.

Integration|Workflow & Rules Engine|Customer Communication

Flowize Nordic AS started its operations on January 1, 2019 and consists of experienced consultants with high expertise. The company provides consulting services and software, locally or in the cloud.

We are 8 experienced employees in the design and development of solutions within the following areas:

• Customer Communication (CCM)
  • Multichannel
  • Customer Experience
  • Content Production
  • Process optimization
  • Workflow and rules engine
  • Integration
  • API management
  • Web services
  • Analytics
  • Java

Our solutions can interact with cognitive solutions and chatbots.  

Ensjøveien 20, 0661 Oslo Norway 

Tlf.: +47 934 39 282

email: r.hansen@flowize.com

web: www.flowize.no

0 Upvotes
barryb83

Introduce yourself!

Hi, I am Barry Booth, co-founder and commercial director at Seall ECDIS Ltd, a technology company that pushes innovation to improve safety within the marine sector.

We self funded the development of our products, launched the business and established a minimal distribution of our products with 27,000 licenses in use globally.  I hope ELEVATE will provide the guidance we need on how to scale this at a greater pace.

And for the record, my favourite desert is sticky toffee pudding!