Introduce yourself!

cpieri
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Introduce yourself!

Welcome to ELEVATE! We are so excited to work with each of you in the coming months! Let's get started by introducing ourselves. Feel free to tell us whatever you'd like but here are a few ideas to get started:

• Your name
  • Where you are located
  • What your startup is
  • What you hope to get out of ELEVATE
  • Your favorite dessert
415 Antworten
IlhamSaid
Teilnehmer/-in

Introduce yourself!

Hello everyone!

I’m Ilham an upcoming graduate in Aerospace engineering at Bristol University in the UK and I’m on a mission to helping universities go digital by enhancing learning through conversational technology with my startup E2E. Super happy to be part of this accelerator and looking forward to hearing more about other startups. I am excited to starting the programme this summer and be learning how to create a playbook tailored to the needs of our users at E2E. 

At E2E the value we bring to our users is at the core of all our decisions. So it's perfect that ELEVATE has customised each lesson to be aligned with a stage of the customer and user lifecycle journey: Attract, Engage, and Delight.

My favourite dessert would have to be tiramisu or sticky toffee pudding. Smiley (fröhlich)

You can find me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ilhamasaid/

yusuf2020
Mitglied

Introduce yourself!

Hi everybody,

I am Yusuf, co-founder and CEO of Recruitment Smart, based in London.   We automate recruitment processes (candidate sourcing, screening and engagement) for large enterprises globally.

We have done lots of email based marketing and SEO based inbound lead gen activities so far.  Operating in the B2B space has created a lot of challenges around the predictability of our pipeline.

Hence I am looking for ideas on accelerating growth and improving the accuracy of our forecasting.

My favourite desert is "gulab jamun"

ravitol
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Introduce yourself!

Hey Yusuf

Good to know you.    We love "Gulab Jamun" 

Cheers

Ravi

Tisha
Mitglied

Introduce yourself!

I could google it but please do share....what is "gulab jamun"?

gs2020
Mitglied

Introduce yourself!

Gulab Jamuns are an indian dessert, made primarily with powered milk and rose water. 

https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/gulab-jamun-recipe-using-milk-powder/

lewisngugi
Teilnehmer/-in

Introduce yourself!

Hey everyone! 👋

I'm Lewis Kang'ethe Ngugi, Growth Marketing Lead & UX Designer at Kwara. Currently located in Nairobi, Kenya 🇰🇪 and loving the cold weather around this time.

More about our startup: Kwara is a small Nairobi 🇰🇪 - Berlin 🇩🇪 fintech startup that offers a secure, simple and affordable digital banking platform for savings and credit cooperatives (also known as Community Banks or Credit Unions) and their members, who are often excluded by traditional banks. Started in 2018 in Kenya, our mission is to enable the world's 3 billion underserved to become financially healthy. Backed by Finparx, Google for Startups, Catalyst Fund, Kepple and Bonum Ventures, today Kwara serves over 27,000 members.

Recent press/media: Meet Kwara, a startup in the new Africa Immersion programMeet Kwara, a startup in the new Africa Immersion program

We have a vibrant sales and growth team that is eager to use the world-class techniques and relationships formed from the program to scale our solution. 

Dessert: Hard to choose but my favorite dessert is Salted Caramel Milkshake. 

nvakaliuk
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Introduce yourself!

Hi, Lewis, 

I adore Kenya! Love people, atmosphere, and business environment in Nairobi. We serve our floating ads to Safaricom, Coca-Cola, KCB, just to name a few brands. I would be happy to connect with you here and on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nataliavakaliuk/ You are more than welcome!

Nataly

lewisngugi
Teilnehmer/-in

Introduce yourself!

Hey Natalia 👋

Thank you for the kind words. I have reached out to you on LinkedIn. 😊

0 Upvotes
CallVD
Teilnehmer/-in

Introduce yourself!

Hi Lewis,

I just wanna say that we work with Nigerian and Kenyan clients and it is a pure pleasure. 

Best,

lewisngugi
Teilnehmer/-in

Introduce yourself!

Hi Victoria,

Would love to have a chat and here what you do. 🙂 

0 Upvotes
GreenYachts
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Introduce yourself!

Love reading about each of your startups!

Juan Romero, could you give us a link and tell us how it compares to esign options on the market now?  I imagine many of us might need an esign platform.

Lewis, I sent the blog link to the president of Developing World Markets, which loans money to microfinance institutions around the world.  What you do might facilitate the efficiency and effectiveness of the MFIs they work with around the world.  https://www.dwmarkets.com/

We at Green Yachts are excited to particiate in Elevate! I'm Graham Balch, the founder and managing broker of the world's first boat brokerage dedicated to selling electric sailboats and powerboats.  Here's a link to our site: http://greenyachtsales.com/

And, if you want to see a really cool  video of a boat we just listed, take a look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OemYht5Les&t=27s

We believe that electric boating is far better for our planet, but also for the enjoyment of boating because electric motors are quiet, don't produce fumes, require less maintenance and are easier to operate.   We also believe that boating will follow trends in the car industry in going electric.

Location:  US and Canada and headquarter in San Rafael, CA outside San Francisco

What we hope to get out of Elevate?  I'd say three things:

1. figuring out together how start-ups as opposed to established companies get the most out of Hubspot

2. helping each other out in any way we can

3. reducing the lag phase of the S growth curve that every entrepreneur faces before hitting the high growth phase.  It takes awhile for even good products/services to catch on and getting initial success is so important to all of our successes.

lewisngugi
Teilnehmer/-in

Introduce yourself!

Thanks Graham 🙏

Please let me know how thee president of Developing World Markets reacted. 

Looking forward to interacting with you.

Seer
Mitglied

Introduce yourself!

Hi Graham,

I really enjoyed reading about your business. I'm excited about yachting in an environmentally-friendly fashion. Sending you lots of continued success. 

Best,
Sha (Seer of Saints)

0 Upvotes
GreenYachts
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Introduce yourself!

Thanks.  Very kind of you.  And, I believe all of us entrepreneurs in Elevate could use a bit more reflection on our internal light as you are helping people to do in your endeavor.

0 Upvotes
JohnModica
Mitglied

Introduce yourself!

Hi friends!

I'm John Modica, one of Kamana's co-foudners. A software platform for healthcare employers and professionals to manage their workflows faster and cheaper (e.g. onboarding, credential management, and job matching). Starting with travel healthcare, our platform simplifies the processes staffing agencies and workers need to complete to successfully secure work.

I'm hoping to come out of ELEVATE with inbound sales management skills, and insights on how to take our marketing to the next level. Also excited to learn from other founders!

Andie
Mitglied

Introduce yourself!

John, I also work in the healthcare business.  I'd love to hear more about your business.  One of our initiatives is a resource called virtualpractices.org.  It's a project to help independant healthcare practitioners in the integrative and functional medicine space convert to telehealth and respond to the COVID crisis.  Looking forward to learning more about your work!

GregOkaya
Teilnehmer/-in

Introduce yourself!

Andie, 

Given our respective focus, we should synch up 🙂

Gregory

0 Upvotes
SmilingAlia
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Introduce yourself!

If you're interested in a Dental perspective LMK - I'm very interested in teledentistry. 

0 Upvotes
juanromero27
Teilnehmer/-in

Introduce yourself!

Hi,

My name is Juan Romero I'm located in Mexico City and I'm CEO of SUMA México a Regtech with a solution called VeriDocID that includes KYC, AML, and e-signature with other exciting features.

I expect to learn more about inbound marketing and how to grow my business. as an added value hopefully I'll get to do some networking and pitch my solution.

raybrena
Teilnehmer/-in

Introduce yourself!

Hi Juan nice to meet a fellow Mexican entrepreneur here!

Keep in touch and mucho éxito!

0 Upvotes
JuanCa-ILCS
Teilnehmer/-in

Introduce yourself!

Hola Rey,

Un placer conocerte. Este es mi link para LinkedIn para que podamos conectarnos por alli.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/juancarlostafurmejia/

Un gusto poder estar en contacto.

Juan Carlos.

0 Upvotes