Introduce yourself!

cpieri
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Introduce yourself!

Welcome to ELEVATE! We are so excited to work with each of you in the coming months! Let's get started by introducing ourselves. Feel free to tell us whatever you'd like but here are a few ideas to get started:

• Your name
  • Where you are located
  • What your startup is
  • What you hope to get out of ELEVATE
  • Your favorite dessert
415 Replies 415
dcuervo

Introduce yourself!

Hey Everybody! Daniel Cuervo - CEO at Datatraffic .  Hipe to get the most out of the program!

JoseyDeRossi
Participant

Introduce yourself!

I don't really understand what I'm doing here other than Elevate looks like a much-needed idea at this time. 

I'm located in Melbourne Australia which is steadily returning to normal but it's still far from it... Just got a call from my daughter who's had to go and pick up her 8-year-old from school because of an allergic reaction cropping up on her cheek during morning playtime. The school insists that she has to have a doctor's visit before returning to school. I reckon that there's going to be millions of moments like this in our lives until COVID-19 is out of our lives

The way that schools are dealing with this pandemic is at the heart of a question I have been concerned about as a teacher and curriculum writer since the late 1990s: namely, that educational support that doesn't get to benefit the relationships between teachers and students is largely a waste of time.  So I set up a curriculum writing and researching service called Fantastic Learning Systems.

Schools are where the action happens in education reform. And this is even more so in a digital age because technologies make the scale of personalisation so much more possible.  Yet, as organisations, schools are still hampered by clunky, bureaucratic processes where one rule is required to fit all.

I've been specifically looking at ways of dealing with digital literacy and the embedding of educational media in classrooms.  I've formed a school-based service whose working title is "Curriculum Writer in Residence". This is what I described in my application for ELEVATE as the development of a new role in education that sits between PR/Admin/Marketing functions and the school-leader/lead-teacher roles.  It is this hybrid space that decisions like sending home my grand-daughter sit.  As trivial as one action may seem, they accumulate to create the child's, the family's and the society's experience of schooling.   

What I hope to get out of ELEVATE is a chance to have my ideas scrutinised, perhaps even to find others who value teaching and learning in the local school level as much I do.

My favourite dessert is Tiramisu... I'm of Italian descent and it's a dessert that I love to make with and for my family.

Ciao

Josey

Gillian21
Participant

Introduce yourself!

Hi Josey, I'm Gillian, fellow melbournian and startup founder of Ai on Spectrum ! We're an EdTech Company looking to provide emotion coaching and social skills training for children with Autism.

Just a quick question out of curiosity, given your expertise. From your experience.. I am wondering if there is space for consideration in schools to reform the way students with special needs are taught? Also, do you feel that there is sufficient attention given to emotional education in schools (apart from the focus on academic excellence and physical training)?

I hope what i'm asking makes sense!

JoseyDeRossi
Participant

Introduce yourself!

Hi Gillian,

I've been working in pedagogical reform of education since the mid-1990s.  I'd love a conversation with you  - maybe on Zoom.  In recent years, fate would have it that all my work for others came home to our family in 2018 when my granddaughter Serena was diagnosed by RCH as autistic - so the journey in education has the added sweetness of seeing an amazing little girl face challenge after challenge.  So, why don't we make a time and you ask me all the questions which you believe may be helpful to you as I'm in and out of schools on a regular basis?

Kindest regards

Josey

keithden

Introduce yourself!

Hi,

It's great to be part of this community.  I'm ready to rock it!

SXT-CVT

Introduce yourself!

Covid-19 has put contact tracing in the news.  A flurry of new digital solutions have been created; however, the main tool to inform contacts of their risk is manual contact tracing.  

Manual contact tracing is labor intensive as it requires a member of the health care team to contact the patient with the infection and ask them to provide the details of all their contacts two days before they developed symptoms or the last two weeks if they had no symptoms.  The health care worker then needs to get in touch with those contacts to inform them of their risk, discuss testing options and sign post them to care if they are unwell.

SXT (www.sxt.org.uk) has been supporting manual contact tracing for patients diagnosed with HIV and other sexually transmitted infections for the last four years.  We have data from the UK showing that we are able to boost manual contact tracing 6x with our three services: anonymous contract tracing, digital triaging and targeted appointments.

We have repurposed the SXT solution for covid-19 and created CVT (http://cvt.health) that includes mass notification (for example when someone is diagnsoed after travelling on a plane) and alerting contacts using social media.  We expect that CVT should be able to boost manual contact tracing by 10x.

If you want to find out more about SXT or CVT please do reply to this post.

chromabill
Contributor

Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone! 👋

My name is Tony Conte and I’m the Founder/CEO at the fintech startup Chromabill.

I’m located in New York!  🗽

My passionate team and I have been working on building a personal finance application designed to accelerate a healthier financial future for millennials.

Everyone I know including myself has struggled with personal finance management in the past so I wanted to create a system that makes the process of managing your finances easier and more enjoyable. Right now, we’re launching for iOS in July and then onward to more platforms as we gain traction. Our long term vision is to create a single login where our users can manage the entire universe of their financial lives.

Our team is composed of 8 employees. Our Chief Operating Officer has worked at Google, MLB, Venmo, and Capital One. We also have our Technical Advisory Board, which consists of Luis Cunha, PhD who is a Senior Software Engineer and does Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence at Capital One. He’s leading our Data Science team in building out an AI chatbot that learns who you are, how you spend, and what you need to do to become more financially stable!

Cover.png

This is my first ever venture that I’ve founded (even though I’ve worked at the aviation tech startup BLADE previously) so I’m hoping to learn as much as I can! I hope to learn more about mastering our acquisition strategy, learning what we can do to maintain high retention rates, and how we can provide an exceptional customer service experience for all our users so that they can become lifelong users.

My favorite dessert of all time is creme brulee! 🍮

💜We're beyond grateful for this opportunity!

Looking forward to the workshops ahead.

jjclemens

Introduce yourself!

Hello Elevate Community!

My team and I are honored to be here.  We are an Arizona based company, hoping to gain additional knowledge on the latest methods for inbound marketing and growing channel distribution partnerships.

Our flagship product, Riskkarma.io, provides real-time worker risk scoring and risk mitigation tools to predict, prevent, and mitigate worker crime, fraud, and claims.

Favorite dessert, banana cream pie!

dbw2048
Participant

Introduce yourself!

Hello Elevate Community,

My name is Denishea and I am the Owner/Founder of SisStar Support Circle. Our focus is to create a safe space for black women to heal and seek out resources for mental healthcare. We also focus on self-development and f

CEOTwilliams

Introduce yourself!

Greetings,

My name is Tim Williams with Diverse Culture in St. Louis, MO. Happy to be apart of this journey with you all. Look forward to connecting with you all.

Thank you

marciasp

Introduce yourself!

I'm Marcia, the founder of Bandora. Let's make smart buildings, healthy, comfy and efficient? Ask us how!!
Emre-DriveBuddy

Introduce yourself!

Hey folks,

It is Emre here. I have been traveling a lot lately but I am in Turkey at the moment. Living in a small town by the sea and I am getting the best from working from home 🙂

I am the founder of Drive Buddy, which is a mobile telematics platform that analyzes the drivers' driving behaviors and detects car accidents using sensors on smartphones.

I would like to meet with great people and learn the best practices from the experts. If anyone wants to chat feel free to reach me anytime. emre@drivebuddyapp.com

JPEG image.jpeg

Lionel_Ktorza

Introduce yourself!

Hi all !

I am the CEO of Smart Proposal, a SaaS solution that allows services B2B companies to create their business proposals end-to-end (create business opportunities, calculate costs and generate automatically the technical and financial offer)  in a single user-friendly tool.

See u

Lionel

MarlonV
Participant

Introduce yourself!

Hi, Im Marlon of LexMeet. Its a legal tech company in the Philippines, helping ordinary people to have access to justice with convenience.  Im happy to interact with my fellow cohorts here. See you.

sararoybonde
Participant

Introduce yourself!

Hi Marlon,

Our platform, miheroo, connects expatriates and domestic helpers globally, including in the Philippines where we already have many users. We are building a function to handle disputes (designed but yet to be developed:)) and I would like to follow your work. Maybe you can add me on LinkedIn?

Xx, Sara

0 Upvotes
Parental_Values

Introduce yourself!

Good afternoon Entrepreneurs,

“Echo Alert” is our developing innovation in mobile parental controls that will automate a legal response to active shooter situations.  Parental Values is a full-featured parental control built on IBM’s Watson for its artificial intelligence and cognitive systems capabilities.

Our belief is that Hubspot Partners may be able to accelerate our artificial intelligence and cognitive development, empowering our marketing team to reach our customer profiles, and position our team with the tools to move forward with government contracting.

BijouLulla

Introduce yourself!

Bijou from San Diego
JanHøilund
Participant

Introduce yourself!

Hello, my name is Jan Høilund Christensen

Profil PhotoProfil Photo

I am from Denmark, where we make Digitally inventory reports:

https://domuspect.dk/en/inventory-report-for-landlords/

I am looking forward to grow both personally and with my company.

I am one of 2 Co-Founders, but I will be the only attendee to this exiting accelerator program.

An to be honest about desserts, I really just love a creamy Banana Split, it tastes great all over the world, and every country can make it 🙂

2Steps
Participant

Introduce yourself!

Hi All,

Simon here, CEO and Founder of 2 Steps a Splunk Technical Application Partner from Melbourne, Australia. 

Looking forward to learning and connecting with peers.

iammanishg

Introduce yourself!

ioana-cristiana-ddamygbOo1I-unsplash.jpg

broyal

Introduce yourself!

Hi

Tonya here with B. Royal Boutique!

0 Upvotes