Introduce yourself!

cpieri
HubSpot Employee

Welcome to ELEVATE! We are so excited to work with each of you in the coming months! Let's get started by introducing ourselves. Feel free to tell us whatever you'd like but here are a few ideas to get started:

• Your name
  • Where you are located
  • What your startup is
  • What you hope to get out of ELEVATE
  • Your favorite dessert
415 Replies 415
NedArick

Hey Guys, 

I'm Ned Arick, i'm the VP of Growth at HALOS here in Sarasota FL. We're a healthcare analytics start up focused solely on giving organizations the tools to execute on their data to increase care at the patient level. 

I'm hoping to get some new growth ideas from ELEVATE! Healthcare is a fairly antiquated marketing space with most companies doing a ton of outbound and ABM type marketing so I hope to gain some insights on how we can change the game moving forward. 

My favorite dessert is: Peachy's Bakery Donuts here in Sarasota. I could live off of them.

Looking forward to being a part of this!

cpieri
HubSpot Employee

Excited to have you on board @NedArick! Excited to see what strategies you learn and bring back to the oldschool healthcare marketing space! 

Also, those donuts sounds amazing, I'll have to try them someday! 

FredMunoa

Hi everyone,

My name is Federico Munoa I am a Co-founder of Videolinq, a social media live streaming Saas service. I live in Uruguay while my 2 partners live in Toronto. 

We have struggling lately acquiring new customers so we redeveloped our media dashboard to be more intuitive and reduce the overall time to value. I am looking to get some out of the box ideas from Elevate and also to learn from other in this experience.

Favorite Dessert: Strawberry Cheesecake and Ricotta with dried fruits cake.

CAAus

Hey @NedArick 

Seems to me like we have a very similar business however, we focus on the education market in Australia. We collect the data, interpret it and then give it back to teachers and school leaders on a usable page. 

We must trade notes - both tackling industries that need disruption with data and are very far behind other professional industries. 

Andie

Ned, I'm also in the healthcare space - so nice to meet you!  Looking forward to learning more about your business.

Christina1

I just had to chime in that Peachey's donuts really are the best dessert ever. I remember when it was called the Amish Baking Company and I once went four times to the Florida State Fair just to get its pretzels and donuts. I live in Tampa and I keep trying to get them to come up a little farther north. 

Seer

Hi Ned. Congrats on the endeavor. Go get it.

0 Upvotes
howard849

Hey!

I'm Sarah and currently based in Detroit, MI. My startup, JadeTrack, is based in Columbus, OH.

I am looking to become more knowledgable on fundraising & startup growth strategy.

My favorite dessert is a donut. 🍩

cpieri
HubSpot Employee

Welcome Sarah, excited to have you on board! I

donovanw
Contributor

Hey Sarah,

Nice to see another Detroit based founder!

Seer

Hi Sarah. Nice to meet you.

0 Upvotes
enrichedcouples
Participant

Fellow midwestern founder here! Smiley Happy

0 Upvotes
juanromero27
Participant

Hi,

My name is Juan Romero I'm located in Mexico City and I'm CEO of SUMA México a Regtech with a solution called VeriDocID that includes KYC, AML, and e-signature with other exciting features.

I expect to learn more about inbound marketing and how to grow my business. as an added value hopefully I'll get to do some networking and pitch my solution.

cpieri
HubSpot Employee

Hi Juan! Nice to e-meet you! Sounds like a really cool startup - excited to have you here. I'm sure we'll be able to help you with those goals!

MarlonV
Participant

Como esta Juan,

Im Marlon from the Philippines. I hope we can collaborate using your tech in our legal tech startup.

Regards,

Marlon

JuanCa-ILCS
Participant

Hi Marlon,

Sounds good. Thank you for reaching out. Let me know if you would like to schedule an informal Zoom meeting to know more about your starup and also explain in more detail what we do, and how we could possibly work together in the future.

Best regards,

Juan Carlos

juanromero27
Participant

Hi Marlon, nice to meet you. You can contact me at juan.romero@sumamexico.com so we can chat about ways we could collaborate together.

0 Upvotes
raybrena
Participant

Hi Juan nice to meet a fellow Mexican entrepreneur here!

Keep in touch and mucho éxito!

0 Upvotes
JuanCa-ILCS
Participant

Hola Rey,

Un placer conocerte. Este es mi link para LinkedIn para que podamos conectarnos por alli.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/juancarlostafurmejia/

Un gusto poder estar en contacto.

Juan Carlos.

0 Upvotes
Seer

I was inspired by Juan to share my LinkedIn profile with my fellow participants. Let's network and elevate ourselves and our enterprises. Here's my profile info. I hope to connect with everyone.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/shasmith/

Light and love,

Sha (Seer of Saints)

0 Upvotes
JohnModica

Hi friends!

I'm John Modica, one of Kamana's co-foudners. A software platform for healthcare employers and professionals to manage their workflows faster and cheaper (e.g. onboarding, credential management, and job matching). Starting with travel healthcare, our platform simplifies the processes staffing agencies and workers need to complete to successfully secure work.

I'm hoping to come out of ELEVATE with inbound sales management skills, and insights on how to take our marketing to the next level. Also excited to learn from other founders!

Andie

John, I also work in the healthcare business.  I'd love to hear more about your business.  One of our initiatives is a resource called virtualpractices.org.  It's a project to help independant healthcare practitioners in the integrative and functional medicine space convert to telehealth and respond to the COVID crisis.  Looking forward to learning more about your work!

GregOkaya
Participant

Andie, 

Given our respective focus, we should synch up 🙂

Gregory

0 Upvotes
SmilingAlia
Contributor

If you're interested in a Dental perspective LMK - I'm very interested in teledentistry. 

0 Upvotes
lewisngugi
Participant

Hey everyone! 👋

I'm Lewis Kang'ethe Ngugi, Growth Marketing Lead & UX Designer at Kwara. Currently located in Nairobi, Kenya 🇰🇪 and loving the cold weather around this time.

More about our startup: Kwara is a small Nairobi 🇰🇪 - Berlin 🇩🇪 fintech startup that offers a secure, simple and affordable digital banking platform for savings and credit cooperatives (also known as Community Banks or Credit Unions) and their members, who are often excluded by traditional banks. Started in 2018 in Kenya, our mission is to enable the world's 3 billion underserved to become financially healthy. Backed by Finparx, Google for Startups, Catalyst Fund, Kepple and Bonum Ventures, today Kwara serves over 27,000 members.

Recent press/media: Meet Kwara, a startup in the new Africa Immersion programMeet Kwara, a startup in the new Africa Immersion program

We have a vibrant sales and growth team that is eager to use the world-class techniques and relationships formed from the program to scale our solution. 

Dessert: Hard to choose but my favorite dessert is Salted Caramel Milkshake. 

GreenYachts
Contributor

Love reading about each of your startups!

Juan Romero, could you give us a link and tell us how it compares to esign options on the market now?  I imagine many of us might need an esign platform.

Lewis, I sent the blog link to the president of Developing World Markets, which loans money to microfinance institutions around the world.  What you do might facilitate the efficiency and effectiveness of the MFIs they work with around the world.  https://www.dwmarkets.com/

We at Green Yachts are excited to particiate in Elevate! I'm Graham Balch, the founder and managing broker of the world's first boat brokerage dedicated to selling electric sailboats and powerboats.  Here's a link to our site: http://greenyachtsales.com/

And, if you want to see a really cool  video of a boat we just listed, take a look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OemYht5Les&t=27s

We believe that electric boating is far better for our planet, but also for the enjoyment of boating because electric motors are quiet, don't produce fumes, require less maintenance and are easier to operate.   We also believe that boating will follow trends in the car industry in going electric.

Location:  US and Canada and headquarter in San Rafael, CA outside San Francisco

What we hope to get out of Elevate?  I'd say three things:

1. figuring out together how start-ups as opposed to established companies get the most out of Hubspot

2. helping each other out in any way we can

3. reducing the lag phase of the S growth curve that every entrepreneur faces before hitting the high growth phase.  It takes awhile for even good products/services to catch on and getting initial success is so important to all of our successes.

Seer

Hi Graham,

I really enjoyed reading about your business. I'm excited about yachting in an environmentally-friendly fashion. Sending you lots of continued success. 

Best,
Sha (Seer of Saints)

0 Upvotes
GreenYachts
Contributor

Thanks.  Very kind of you.  And, I believe all of us entrepreneurs in Elevate could use a bit more reflection on our internal light as you are helping people to do in your endeavor.

0 Upvotes
lewisngugi
Participant

Thanks Graham 🙏

Please let me know how thee president of Developing World Markets reacted. 

Looking forward to interacting with you.

0 Upvotes