Hi @cpieri I have a question about applying for the pitch!
We are wondering who will be on the viewing end of the pitches themselves (if we are chosen)? Are they a mix of VCs and Angel investors? Industry or specialty-specific? It helps us to consider the formulation of our pitch a bit. (We are in the Europe segment, if that makes a difference).
The pitches will be judged by local VC and Angel investors as well as HubSpot executives and potentially executives from local incubators and accelerators. We are still in the process of locking down all the judges. But I'll be creating a page where you can view all of them once they are finalized.
We don't have a slack-space for this year's ELEVATE cohort. We have tried it in the past but it hasn't worked out very well and made it harder for people to find answers to questions that other's asked than the current system. However, if you think it would be useful, it's something we'd consider bringing back!
Also, have you checked out the introductions forum, I'm not sure if it's quite what you are looking for, but a lot of participants are sharing and connecting on there!
Hey, thanks for the response. I was talking to an old colleague who is also part of elevate and he agreed that the current system doesn't encourage networking as much as slack would.
The intro room is great but not that many people are chatting in there. I think the forum formatting just add that slight barrier, compared to something like slack.
It would also be great if the Hubspot team encouraged people to engage in conversation, the same way you have plent yof people inthe intro section. Having another that ask people to share opinions on a topic may be useful. But again, this would probably be suited in a slack environment.
Hey @Ash-3d4retail, this is really really helpful feedback, thank you so much for the detail. I'm going to think about ways to implement this as well as add it to our retrospective document where we find ways to improve ELEVATE each year.
I watched the recorded webinar this week. I thought there was a live event too, but when i went to the calendar invite it took me to the same pre-recording. Is there a live session that we join? Can you clarify and let me know how to get to the live session if there is one.
Hi @ShayKay76! Yes, each week of main content features the recorded session and then a live AMA with the instructors. This week's live AMA will take place on Thursday the 25th at 11am ET and next week's will be earlu, on Tuesday the 30th, due to the July 4th holiday in the states.
1. Is this the first Elevate cohort? If not, what advice would you give all of us based on your experience from previous cohorts?
2. What should each of us do to get the most out of Elevate?
3. What is one thing every entrepreneur should be using Hubspot to do that we may not be using today?
4. This is a bit tedious I realize, but would it be possible to have a list of each company with a link to their website and a 5-10 word response on what they do, perhaps organized by category (healthcare, consumer goods, etc)? I realize from the intros it is a big list, but I think there are some neat ideas that people are doing, and I would love an organized way of going to each company's site.
1. This is the second ELEVATE cohort! From last year, my biggest recommendations would be that you block out time each week to consume and process the content (1-1.5 hours for the masterclass and 1 hour for the live AMA). Otherwise its very easy to fall behind.
2. Make sure to connect with your fellow ELEVATE participants! The ELEVATE community (where we are now) is a great place to do so! You can put your own posts up or comment/dm if you see something interesting from someone else!
3. I think the simplest thing entrepreneurs can do to start using HubSpot is use or free email tracking tool. Knowing if someone has opened your emails, when, and if they clicked on any links is an incredibly helpful tool in forming your communication strategy for each situation. I also recommend using the automation tools (particularly sequences and workflows) if you have the professional plan so you can communicate with your contacts quickly and on-time whether or not you are actually awake/working!
4. I would love to do that however privacy regulations would prevent from doing so 😕 I'd encourage you to reach out directly to people you find interesting or start a new board if there is a certain group you want to meet more of!