💬 RevOps Discussions

mewing
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Renewal Process using HubSpot

I'm curious if anyone here has set up (or would like to set up) a renewal processes using HubSpot?  I'd love to connect, chat and learn from each other! 

I helped build HubSpot's renewal department 5 years ago, responsible for building all the systems, processes and automation.  I'd love to help out others trying to do the same using HubSpot today.

11 Replies 11
louischausse
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

We've built a Recipe to handle Renewals. A Recipe is a small process that you can install in your HubSpot portal. This doesn't require any third-party tool.

Here's a video of how it works:

louischausse_0-1709664022069.gif

Renewal deals are created automatically for each closed-won deals with a known contract end date. Then, a task is generated with a reminder date XX days before that contract end date to notify the deal owner (or another user of your choice) that the renewal is coming soon.

Other settings and configurations are also available to suit your use case.

If you are interested, we can have a chat to setup this recipe on your HubSpot portal.

Learn more here

Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Signature
Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Meeting link
0 Upvotes
GabrielSkelly
Participant

Very cool!

0 Upvotes
louischausse

We did that a couple of time for businesses working with variable contract end dates.

That's why we've built a Recipe to handle that. A Recipe is a small process that you can install in your HubSpot portal. This doesn't require any third-party tool.

Here's a video of how it works:

louischausse_0-1705325232247.gif

Renewal deals are created automatically for each closed-won deals with a known contract end date. Then, a task is generated with a reminder date XX days before that contract end date to notify the deal owner (or another user of your choice) that the renewal is coming soon.

Other settings and configurations are also available to suit your use case.

If you are interested, we can have a chat to setup this recipe on your HubSpot portal.

Learn more here

mewing
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @louischausse this looks slick!  Would you be up for a quick chat to connect?

louischausse

Hey @mewing Yes you can schedule a time with me using the link in my signature

0 Upvotes
mewing
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @GabrielSkelly @Dan1 --- many apologies for the long delay in response!  I've been finalizing some details of a new initiative that I'd love to invite you to... HubSpot CS RevOps Meetups!

We have our very first meetup on Oct. 21st at noon EST... would love if you could join 🙂

I'm especially interested in the topic of using HubSpot for Renewals and would like for that to be the topic of an upcoming meetup.   Would you be interested in contributing by sharing your experience with guests?

Dan1
Guide

Hi @mewing , 

I'm sorry I can't make this one, just seen the clash in my calendar. Would love to contribute to the next one. I have registered, so hopefully I will see the invite come over for the next event. 

Thanks, 

Dan

0 Upvotes
Dan1
Guide

Hi @mewing , 

I would love to hear how you managed renewals using HubSpot, this video will give you some insight into how I did it as Head of CS for my last company. 

Looking forward to speaking with you. 

Kind Regards, 

Dan

GabrielSkelly
Participant

Nice process. We are a startup with about 500 customers and I manage them all. We also use stripe so we need to watch the renewal date very close so people don't get auto billed if not renewing. We also use zendesk and integrate that with HS and slack. We have a health score system that helps up track the feeling of customers as well as Appcues to track NPS and feed back to HS. We use auto email triggers based on renewal date at the same times you use and use HS to make tasks. When someone renews we put them in a new workflow that we update on a regular basis on account setup videos and contact points. We use custom fields to hold date pickers, training time in MIN, training date and churn reason so we can easily report on those.

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @mewing!

I wanted to tag in some folks who have discussed renewals on the Community in the past. 

@kbjornaas@Dan1@SnykOps@KyleRisi@GabrielSkelly@JohnnyTargaryen@SaraJ@KBDavidsen, and @Daniel3 I thought you all may be interested in connecting with Mike about using HubSpot for renewal processes!

Mike is one of HubSpot's subject matter experts on this topic, so please pick his brain with all of your thoughts and questions!    

0 Upvotes
GabrielSkelly
Participant

Would love to chat. Just pushed some updates this week to our HS process and renewals.

0 Upvotes