💬 RevOps Discussions

Jonnydk
Top Contributor

Operational Workflow - create opportunity in salesforce

SOLVE

I'm running a workflow on form submissions to handle the following cases:

1. Existing Lead - send an internal email to the lead owner and add a task.

2. Existing Contact - send an internal email to the contact owner and add a task.

3. New Lead - send to queue

In the case of [2], I would like to create an opportunity in Salesforce. Let's say a contact request a demo for a different brand's service, I would like to open an opportunity in SF in addition to opening a task (HubSpot workflow) and sending an internal email.

Does anyone have good suggestions on how to achieve this? Should I trigger a salesforce trigger (process builder) to create an opportunity for the creation of a HubSpot deal?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @Jonnydk!

Are you using the SF <> HS Sync?  If so I think you could create a HubSpot deal off of #2 which should then reflect it in SFDC, while also creating the task inside of HubSpot.

Hope this helps!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

AllenHelms
Solution
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@Jonnydk wrote:

Wow! I had no idea the sync supported opening opportunities in Salesforce. I don't think many people know this... Thank you!

@Jonnydk yeah, the sync/connector obviously does support the creation of Opportunities in Salesforce, but be careful, because it is a one-size fits all kind of feature activation. You turn this on, and it will create ALL NEW Opportunities in Salesforce AND ALL of your SF Opps will come into HubSpot as Deals. In other words, there is no inclusion list for Deals/Opps. You also should put something in place so that there is a Contact associated with every Deal/Opp if you want to be able to track it accurately in both systems. Salesforce calls it the Primary Contact which drives a lot of the Campaign level reporting for both systems.

So, depending on how big your Salesforce Org is and how often you want these new Opps created and whether you want to use Deals in HubSpot are all considerations when using the standard HubSpot to Salesforce Connector/Integration.

I've had several clients turn this on without knowing the implications and be flooded with Deals/Opps which wasn't what they wanted.

So, if you don't want all this with a click of the button, I'd consider setting up a Process Builder in Salesforce that is triggered by a task creation workflow or something else that can be more tightly configured in HubSpot/Salesforce.

Hope this helps!

Allen Helms

CRM/Marketing Consutant

Hubspot + Salesforce

Organic Endeavors

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
maggiebutler
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

@Jonnydk wrote:

I'm running a workflow on form submissions to handle the following cases:

1. Existing Lead - send an internal email to the lead owner and add a task.

2. Existing Contact - send an internal email to the contact owner and add a task.

3. New Lead - send to queue

In the case of [2], I would like to create an opportunity in Salesforce. Let's say a contact request a demo for a different brand's service, I would like to open an opportunity in SF in addition to opening a task (HubSpot workflow) and sending an internal email.

Does anyone have good suggestions on how to achieve this? Should I trigger a salesforce trigger (process builder) to create an opportunity for the creation of a HubSpot deal?

@Bryantworks @Josh @DanielaFonseca @bradmin @willsmith Wondering if you have any good ideas? Let us know if you do... thanks!

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @Jonnydk!

Are you using the SF <> HS Sync?  If so I think you could create a HubSpot deal off of #2 which should then reflect it in SFDC, while also creating the task inside of HubSpot.

Hope this helps!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
Jonnydk
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Wow! I had no idea the sync supported opening opportunities in Salesforce. I don't think many people know this... Thank you!

0 Upvotes
AllenHelms
Solution

SOLVE

@Jonnydk wrote:

@Jonnydk yeah, the sync/connector obviously does support the creation of Opportunities in Salesforce, but be careful, because it is a one-size fits all kind of feature activation. You turn this on, and it will create ALL NEW Opportunities in Salesforce AND ALL of your SF Opps will come into HubSpot as Deals. In other words, there is no inclusion list for Deals/Opps. You also should put something in place so that there is a Contact associated with every Deal/Opp if you want to be able to track it accurately in both systems. Salesforce calls it the Primary Contact which drives a lot of the Campaign level reporting for both systems.

So, depending on how big your Salesforce Org is and how often you want these new Opps created and whether you want to use Deals in HubSpot are all considerations when using the standard HubSpot to Salesforce Connector/Integration.

I've had several clients turn this on without knowing the implications and be flooded with Deals/Opps which wasn't what they wanted.

So, if you don't want all this with a click of the button, I'd consider setting up a Process Builder in Salesforce that is triggered by a task creation workflow or something else that can be more tightly configured in HubSpot/Salesforce.

Hope this helps!

Allen Helms

CRM/Marketing Consutant

Hubspot + Salesforce

Organic Endeavors

Bryantworks

SOLVE

Hey @Jonnydk you should find it in your sync settings under the "Deals" tab:

Image 2020-07-31 at 9.19.08 AM.png