💬 RevOps Discussions

maggiebutler
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Happy Holidays, #OpsLife! What did you learn about Ops in 2020?

Can you believe there's only a handful of days left in 2020?!

As I think about stopping certain habits and activities and starting new ones in 2021, both personally and professionally, I think about what I've learned this year about RevOps and operations, and wanted to see what knowledge and lessons learned we could collect as a group!

The first thing that comes to my mind is how important documentation is. Not a super new revelation, but I'll mention it again because if this isn't something that is sorted within your own organization, it's something to consider prioritizing next year!

What about you -- what did you learn this year that you'll take into 2021?

1 Reply 1
JenBergren
Guide

Happy Holidays, #OpsLife! What did you learn about Ops in 2020?

Hi Maggie,

You know I love documentation so I like your answer 😎

I also love all the ops conversations I've been hearing about the importance of being strategic vs only being tactical, so we're not spending all of our time putting out fires. Obviously there will still be some tactical time and fire fighting but the goal is not to have it be 100% of the time (or 100% of the team for companies with ops teams of more than 1)  🙂 Having a roadmap of bigger goals and knowing what areas to focus on and improve at a time is something I've taken into this year.

Jen Bergren

Sr. Operations Manager

Remotish -- A HubSpot RevOps Agency

Thanks!
Jen Bergren
Human-Centered Operations Leader, HubSpot SuperFan, Instructional Design and Lifelong Learning Advocate
Connect with me on Linkedin