Developer Announcements

Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Upcoming - Increased validation for contact updates made through APIs

Beginning on May 22nd, 2023, we will be updating our APIs to use more strict validation for updates made to contact records.

What's changing?

We're updating the validation for two property types.

For number properties, values cannot contain commas, and can only contain a single period. The following examples will be invalid after this update:

For any enumeration type properties, values can only include options that exactly match one or more of the `options` set for the property.

• For example, if you have a select property with the options "alpha", "beta", and "gamma", the value must match one or more of those defined options and cannot include any other items. The following would be invalid after this update:
    • "alpha;delta"
    • "omega"

This change will affect all updates made through any version of our Contacts APIs, including:

This update will only affect contacts, since this validation is already in place for other CRM objects.

Why is this changing?

In addition to improving the consistency and quality of data stored in HubSpot, this update brings contacts in line with previously made validation updates. While this validation was in place for other CRM objects, there were some cases where this validation was not always applied for contact records for some of our APIs.

When is this happening?

This validation will be applied starting on May 22nd, 2023. After this, any contact updates (including creating contacts) containing the values detailed above will return an error indicating the invalid property values.

Please let us know if you have any questions by replying below.

0 Me gusta
2 Respuestas 2
VBossio
Participante

Is there any documentation that describes all of the "data integrity" validation that occurs when a contact is added or updated through the API?  I have seen "Contact already exists" exceptions returned by the API when trying to add a contact with the same email as an existing contact.  But I have also seen the same error when adding a contact and the email does not exist in Hubspot but the contact first and last name already exists in Hubspot.

0 Me gusta
thuey
Miembro

Is there a reliable way to find out ahead of time if we are making any requests that will start failing, such as with Sandbox accont?

0 Me gusta