Developer Announcements

Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Upcoming: Customized lifecycle stages for contacts and companies

Beginning on March 31, 2022, users will be able to customize the lifecycle stages for their contacts and companies.

What's changing?

The lifecycle stage (lifecyclestage) property currently uses a set of options that cannot be modified by the users, meaning that the same 8 options are used for the property across all HubSpot accounts.

After this change, the same 8 options will be the default for the property, but users will be able to add new custom stages, or remove any of the default stages.

If your integration uses preset values for the lifecyclestage property, you will need to update your integration to use the CRM Properties API to get the details of the property.

When is this happening?

This change will be live for all customers beginning on March 31, 2022.

Please see the beta documentation for more details on customizing the lifecycle stage.

Please let us know if you have any questions by replying below.

29 Replies 29
digDataSD

Is there any way to see the lifecycle stage order in the API? In otherwords, the order they are placed in the funnel in configuration. 

0 Upvotes
RevivalTechRepr
Contributor

I too am curious if I can get access in beta! Just went to add a lifecycle stage for onboarding, and can't find the editor in the outdated documentation... So bit confused, but if I understand correctly this is that feature coming back enhanced or something? 

Update: Aaahhhh, I came across the beta documentation apparently lol. NOT oudated, future dated? 🤔

0 Upvotes
FrancoGaribotti
Participant

Hi! Is there any update about continuing the rollout for this BETA? Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
ARivera06
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Any news about this? We can see the custom option for some HubSpot customers but not all of them. 

0 Upvotes
dougfairbro
Contributor | Platinum Partner
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi there,

Understand this is on pause, when can we expect an update?

Thanks!

LindseyMcCabe
Participant

Following this post... I'd like to a lifecycle stage as 'Partner'

0 Upvotes
ybaptiste
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey Community, here's a necessary update from the team on custom lifecycle stages. 

We paused the rollout of this update to sort out a few issues. We hope to resume the rollout in the next few days.  Thank you all for your incredible patience. 

CGoodwinOlsen
Contributor

Hi! It's been a few months now - is there an update on when the rollout will be resumed?  We were able to implement some customized lifecycle stages in our production account, but the same functionality is not available in our Sandbox account, leaving us therefore unable to perform testing of some aspects of a custom integration we have developed.  I assume the pause in the rollout is why the functionality isn't available?  Hope to see this soon.

0 Upvotes
KSwift
Participant

Has this been rolled out? I can't seem to edit them. Like @AllenHelms, I would also like to know if lifecycle stages will be able to be moved backwards?

brik_dm
Participant

Yes also waiting for this... until then we cannot start integrating sales hub

0 Upvotes
MaikSeyring
Participant

Do not expect too much from it.

Lifecycle Stage can be synced while it has the fixed values. But when the new "adjustable" version is deployed, then this field can't be synced e.g. to Dynamics.

Update (2022-07-07): 

Now this customizable field can be synced. But only unidirectional like all drop down fields.

0 Upvotes
AllenHelms
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

How will this beta/update affect the current HubSpot restriction of not being able to move a lifecycle backwards? In other words, if we set up and use custom lifecycle stages, will we be able to set them to go backwards using forms, integrations/sync with other systems like Salesforce, workflow actions etc?

Allen Helms

HubSpot + Salesforce CRM Consultant

www.OrganicEndeavors.com

IDoe

Looks like I cannot get customised stages using the API. Is it correct behaviour? 

{
"name": "lifecyclestage",
"label": "Lifecycle Stage",
"options": [],

0 Upvotes
ybaptiste
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey HubSpot community, 

We've paused the rollout of lifecycle customization to work out a few things. The new target date is now April 28th, but we're working to get this update in the hands of all customers sooner. 

The good news is that the team is planning to support stage date properties for custom stages (e.g. became a [insert custom stage] date) in the near term (3-6 months).

Thank you all for your comments, questions, and feedback. Keep 'em coming. 

JWeston7
Participant

Please give us an update on when this will be available.  Especially for portals like ours which are not complicated by the issues causing you delays.  Either that or open up for additional Beta users.  Thank you.

0 Upvotes
SKnurr
Participant

Is the plan still to go live with this tomorrow?

0 Upvotes
JWeston7
Participant

@ybaptiste - I had posted a question on this on another thread early last week before you posted this and have been told this week by platinum user @Olivia_Bagnall that this is now availble to her.  I don't think she meant via beta.  I am not seeing it yet.  Can you tell me how I can get access?  Thank you.

My thread is located here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Customized-LifeCycle/m-p/613663

0 Upvotes
AJoseph1
Participant

Hi!

Because of the beta, I can no longer set the lifecycle stage in popup forms. Instead, I am referred to the beta to make the settings for the popup there. By clicking on the link I end up in the beta...but how can I set which stage should be assigned by submitting the popup?

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-04 um 14.22.53.png

JWeston7
Participant

Hi - I too would appreciate an update on what must be a revised timing on this.  Looking forward to a reply soon.

Thank you

0 Upvotes
brik_dm
Participant

Hi, Could you give us an update on release schedule? Is this delayed for a couple of days or weeks?