Developer Announcements

mwelch
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

The profile-token value is being removed from Contact API responses

On March 15, 2021, the Contact API endpoints will no longer return the profile-token value. This value was part of the public contact record functionality that was sunset in early 2019. Note that the related redirect (https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/{portalId}/lists/public/contact/{publictoken}) endpoint will stop working on March 15 as well.

Most integrations won’t be using this profile-token response value, but developers should confirm that their integration doesn’t. 

If you have any questions, please let us know here in the forum thread.

0 Avaliação positiva
5 Respostas 5
Jacob02
Colaborador(a)

@dennisedson  Thank you for the clarification. It would be great if you could give the subscribers of the HubSpot Developer Changelog another short notice when a change goes live. At the time of the announcement, I was unfortunately not yet a subscriber, which is why I didn't notice anything about it.

@OdedLev  You could use https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/{portalId}/contact/{vid}/
As far as I know, the vid and portal id are still passed on in the response.

dennisedson
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Thanks @Jacob02 ,

That is quality feedback.  We are always trying to improve the transparency of the process. 

I will report this back to the team. 

OdedLev
Membro

Why did you remove the Profile URL from the API ?

We use to use it in our daily API !

What field is replacing it ?

Oded

0 Avaliação positiva
JamiesonC
Participante

A couple of other changes seem to have also happened on March 15, and they blindsided us. Can you confirm if the following were intentional? Thanks.

• The ability to retrieve profile-url was removed from the API
  • profile-url was also removed from webhook payloads
0 Avaliação positiva
dennisedson

Hi @JamiesonC ,

Sorry for the confusion. The profile-url response makes use of the profile-token value so when writing the original announcement, we thought it was clear that this related field was also going away. We’re taking steps to make sure we are more explicit in our communications going forward. This did not get the attention it deserved because it was related to a sunset that was first announced in 2018. We are taking this as an opportunity to learn about the assumptions we make when communicating to our developer community.

0 Avaliação positiva