Developer Announcements

jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Asset Marketplace: Updates on Modules, Templates, Template Packs

This announcement on the forums is a cross-posting of this changelog announcement.

As announced on October 7, 2021, we stopped accepting new submissions and updates to templates, template packs, modules, and email templates. On October 20, 2022, templates, template packs, modules, and email templates will no longer be available for purchase, download, or upgrade in the HubSpot Asset Marketplace.

We are actively working to build a better marketplace, which you can preview today by visiting Website Themes & Templates. Previously installed legacy assets will continue to function, but will not be newly discoverable or maintained. Providers are encouraged to recreate any templates or template packs as website themes.

Frequently Asked Questions for Providers

Why are modules going away?

HubSpot is committed to providing a seamless website building experience and high quality assets that are compatible with the rest of HubSpot’s platform. As such, we are actively making improvements with more efficient and intuitive tooling for providers and customers. We are starting with the current availability of themes, followed by the return of modules early next year.

Why are templates and template packs going away?

HubSpot themes bundle together the functionality of templates and template packs. If you would like to continue creating these types of offerings, consider building out a theme using these instructions>.

When will modules, templates, template packs, and email templates be removed from Hubspot?

Modules, templates, template packs, and email templates will no longer be accessible in the Asset Marketplace starting on Oct 20, 2022. Previously downloaded modules, templates, template packs, or email templates will continue to function for customers.

Where can I find my transaction data?

Download transaction data on or before October 19, 2022 by signing into your provider portal, clicking the Asset Marketplace tab, selecting transactions, and clicking the download button. After this date, you’ll need to reach out to HubSpot Support to get this information.

What will happen to the assets I created?

Customers who previously downloaded an asset you’ve created will still be able to access it. Any pages published by customers using your asset will stay live and unchanged, and any emails they’ve created from email templates will still be sent. All downloaded assets will be available for future page or email creation. However, you will not be able to update or maintain the asset starting on October 20, 2022.

When can I expect to be able to build new modules?

Starting in 2023, you will be able to build new modules. To give you ample time to prepare, more information is coming later this year.

I want to start working on modules to be ready for the relaunch. What is the framework for new modules?

We are currently working on our new and improved modules documentation and will be providing more information later this year.

How can I create a theme?

We are actively accepting themes, both free and paid. If you would like to create a theme, check out our Quick Start Guide to Developing on the HubSpot CMS.

I have a bug in my asset. How do I fix it?

We stopped allowing updates to modules, templates, template packs, and email templates on October 7, 2021. You will not be able to make any further updates to your assets aside from website themes.

What is going to happen to my templates?

We will not be reintroducing standalone templates or template packs. As a concept, templates will continue to live under themes, but will no longer be sold individually or in packs. If you would like to continue selling your existing templates or template packs, we recommend building new themes that include elements of your previous offering. For instructions on how to build a theme, check out our Quick Start Guide to Developing on the HubSpot CMS.

My email template was previously listed. When will email templates be reintroduced?

HubSpot is committed to providing a high quality experience for both providers and customers. We are taking some time to revamp our asset infrastructure and will be reintroducing email templates at a later date.

If you have questions or comments leave them below.

Jon McLaren

Sr. CMS Developer Advocate

Get started developing on the HubSpot CMS Developer Changelog
How to optimize your CMS Hub site for speed

If my reply answered your question, please mark it as a solution, to make it easier for others to find.

3 Replies 3
Meyao_33
Participant

This affects at the moment just modules but no themes, correct?

0 Upvotes
jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

This was posted back in August 2022. This was specific to individually sold modules and template packs. It did not impact themes.

Jon McLaren

Sr. CMS Developer Advocate

Get started developing on the HubSpot CMS Developer Changelog
How to optimize your CMS Hub site for speed

If my reply answered your question, please mark it as a solution, to make it easier for others to find.

0 Upvotes
Hawk-Steve
Top Contributor

Hey @jmclaren, any news on the return of modules to the MP yet? The post mentioned finding out more by the end of 22, but not seen anything 🙂