Developer Announcements

mwelch
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Announcing Custom Objects and the Custom Object API

Today we’re thrilled to announce that custom objects are live and available for all Enterprise accounts. You can now create objects that are specifically tailored to your use case. For example, create a real estate Listing object and associate multiple deals to keep track of buyers or build an Inspections object to keep track of ongoing inspection visits to a company. You can read more about custom objects in our knowledge base article.

Just like the standard CRM objects, custom objects can be created, viewed, updated, and deleted via the API, and displayed in the CMS (beta). At the moment, new custom objects can only be created via the API. Read how to get started in the developer documentation and get building!

If you have any questions or comments, please let us know here in the forum thread.

17 Replies 17
elanashama
Top Contributor

Hi @mwelch , I'm so excited by this news! Can't wait to test this out!

0 Upvotes
MichaelCP
Participant

Is it possible to create a CRM card for custom objects?

0 Upvotes
OleMartinExilva
Contributor

Hi @MichaelCP,

By 'CRM card' do you mean using Custom objects with pipelines? 

If so, I would upvote this idea as well. We see some awesome potential by being able to use custom objects in their own pipelines. Today we use the ticket system for a 'Proof of Concept' database, only because it gives us the ability to move a 'card' further down the line as we learn more on technical aspects of a project. 

So, yes please, I would love to add a pipeline to custom objects 🙂

OleMartinExilva
Contributor

Is it possible to have a relation (parent <--> child) between custom objects, like it is for companies? 

mwelch
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @OleMartinExilva. You can create associations between custom objects and other standard or custom objects, but we don't yet provide the ability to have parent->child associations between the same custom object. We'll provide updates when we enable this behavior.

ENash
Participant

Hi @mwelch, any update on the parent>child associations for custom objects?

We are looking to set up new custom objects to sync with our Salesforce instance and would ideally like to use the same parent>child setup. 

If this isn't possible would the mapping work something like this instead...

Salesforce

• Parent Object 1
  • Parent Object 2
    • Child Object 1

Hubspot

• Object 1 (mapped to Parent Object 1)
  • Object 2 (mapped to Parent Object 2)
  • Object 3 (mapped to Child Object 1)

Thanks.

OleMartinExilva
Contributor

Hi @mwelch , 

Thanks for your response. 

I've managed the association part between custom objects and standard objects. We are looking into using custom objects for distributors and sales partners, and in some cases a distributor has a Head Quarter with multiple local resellers, hence the parent->child logic. 

Another question related to custom objects; 

• Creating a custom report where I try to return # of meetings held with distributors (Custom object) for a specific time period in a stacked bar (showing the # per distributor), but under the 'data' tab for adding properties, there is no possible 'Associated Distributor' yet (only Companies, Contacts, Deals). Are these 'associated wtih' querys coming later?

mgriffith
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @OleMartinExilva

My name is Meaghan and I'm the product manager for custom reporting at HubSpot. Thanks for this question! Custom objects and their associations are supported in the new custom report builder [beta], but it sounds like you are referring to a specific association property that exists on a standard object like a contact, company, or deal. For example, the contacts object has a default HubSpot property called "associated company" which would fall in the same category as the hypothetical "assoicated distributor" that you are looking for.

A small collection of properties like "associated company" have been added to standard objects to make it easier for customers to understand key associations between standard objects at a glance (on contact records, to utilize this data in lists, etc). In the new custom report builder, any existing HubSpot association should be reflected in your report result, so these special properties should not be needed. You can add properties from across up to 5 objects to your reports, and custom objects will be reportable with any other object they are associated with in HubSpot. 

Please feel free to let me know if you have follow-up questions on this or send me a message to dig into a specific example. 

Thank you,

Meaghan 

0 Upvotes
MariaT
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

This is amazing news! With custom objects rollout, we will be solving for so many customers. Can't wait to see what's still in store.

0 Upvotes
FelipeFelix
Top Contributor

Really happy to see that feature coming to HubSpot!

0 Upvotes
sarahw
Contributor

Are these custom objects able to sync with SalesForce?

brandy_asplundh
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi there, 

My name is Brandy and I am the product manager for the Salesforce integration at HubSpot. Yes, our team is working on the ability to sync custom objects between Salesforce and HubSpot. It is not available today but we are looking to have it available by the end of the year. 

Best, 

Brandy 

ReUpEducation
Contributor

Any update on the Salesforce integration?

0 Upvotes
SaWells
Contributor | Platinum Partner
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi @brandy_asplundh , is the sync available for Custom Objects in HubSpot to SalesForce?

0 Upvotes
JKelleher
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

Hi Brandy, 

Did this go live in 2020? If not, then what's the ETA for this to be delivered? 

John

0 Upvotes
sarahw
Contributor

Amazing news!! Will this also include the products object?

0 Upvotes
brandy_asplundh
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Right now this will only include the ability to sync custom objects from Salesforce to custom objects in HubSpot. 

Best, 

Brandy