Dashboards & Reporting

calbear
Participant

Hubspot logging email into CRM even though I did not select to log

SOLVE

Hello,

I have been using the CRM for a few months now, and really like it.

However, I have a problem where even though I have not checked the box that says to "Log in CRM" in my gmail, it still is logging into the Hubspot. When I go into recent activities and to that person's account, I see that it shows the email I sent. There are times when the email is not business-related, and is not necessary to log, but I can't stop it. This has been happening every single time.

I've also noticed that if I sent an email to someone, with whom was on the CRM in the past, but I've deleted their contact, company, etc, it will regenerate that contact and company, and log that email. This is a pretty big bug that needs to be fixed.

I would like to pass this on to the Hubspot time, as I'm not sure they look in here. Any feedback would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hey @calbear - when you log the first email of an email thread in the CRM the entire chain of email responses will be automatically logged, they are all subject to the same tracking pixel.

If you do not wish to log an email, you will need to start a new thread without the Log in CRM checked. 

View solution in original post

jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @CoachDietrich,

If you are interesting in keeping all of your content seperate, you can create a second chrome instance for your personal inbox and use that for emails you don't want logged.

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13
calbear
Participant

SOLVE

Hello HubSpot Staff,
Is there anyone who can help me with this bug?

This is a very serious situation that needs to be fixed ASAP where private logs are being stored and shown as an activity (as well as contacts and companies being re-added). People's private emails should not be logged into the CRM after the contacts and company has been deleted, as well as it the boxes for logging and for tracking are unchecked when sending the email.
Please respond.

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hey @calbear can you confirm if you are using HubSpot for Gmail or Outlook, and specify the version?

0 Upvotes
calbear
Participant

SOLVE

Hello @Anonymous,

Thanks for responding.
I am using Gmail. I am not sure of which version, as it is web-based, and I am currently fully updated on my Chrome browser.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hey @calbear I assume in this case that you aren't selecting the Log In CRM box.

gmail-compose-email-log-in-crm.png

However, the emails that you see being logged (incorrectly) - are these emails replies in threads where the original email was logged?

0 Upvotes
CoachDietrich
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @Anonymous !

I have a related problem to the issue above.

In my case all my private email is being logged, though I never connected it with my hubspot. Both my private and my professional ar Gmail based accounts, but the one is not an alias for the other. I guess they are being linked somewhere anyhow.
I do not whish my private email to go into my CRM.
Any ideas?

Thank you so much!

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @CoachDietrich,

If you are sending emails through your inbox, you'll want to ensure that the 'log' and 'track' boxes are unchecked. 

Because the HubSpot sales extensions are associated with browsers (chrome) and inboxes (office/outlook), they can associate with any email address you send through. 

If you are seeing emails that do not include the bcc address (populated from the 'log' option) logged to timelines, can you please share screenshots of specific examples (email sent without bcc address and the contact's timeline).

Thank you,
Jenny

CoachDietrich
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @jennysowyrda  ! Thanks for reaching out to help me!
That has actually been tried ...

But if I disable it in my personal account, it get's automatically disabled in my professional account too. It is, as you say, linked to Chrome, so it is either more of an off or on option ...
Any more suggestions? 😄

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @CoachDietrich,

If you are interesting in keeping all of your content seperate, you can create a second chrome instance for your personal inbox and use that for emails you don't want logged.

Thank you,
Jenny

CoachDietrich
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @jennysowyrda 

I would actually like to mark it as a solution,

but don't see how to do that 😄

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
CoachDietrich
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @jennysowyrda !

Thank you so much!

That is actually a workable solution!

Great!! 😉

calbear
Participant

SOLVE

Hello Pmint2,

Yes, that is correct. I am not selecting the Log in CRM checkbox.

That is correct. Initially, the original email was logged. We had a couple of exchanges, and I then decided I no longer wanted to log it into the CRM, as the emails no longer became relevant to business. They are replies to the original email.

I have not tried emailing the same person as a new message outside of that email chain.

Thank you.

0 Upvotes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hey @calbear - when you log the first email of an email thread in the CRM the entire chain of email responses will be automatically logged, they are all subject to the same tracking pixel.

If you do not wish to log an email, you will need to start a new thread without the Log in CRM checked. 

calbear
Participant

SOLVE

Hmm.

I understand. However, perhaps that could be modified so that it doesn't do that.
I will remember to change to a new subject and email if I no longer want to track/log an email.

Thank you.

0 Upvotes