Dashboards & Reporting

jrplate
Participant

Deals Report based on Industry

SOLVE

Does anyone know of a report or way to blend deal data with the Industry of the contact the deal is associated with.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi. In order to accomplish this, you will need to add an Industry property with a defined dropdown list of choices. You will need to add this property to one of the three objects (Contacts /Companies / Deals) in order to report on it in the Reporting Add-On, depending on the nature of your report. Find out how to create a custom property here.

For example, if you add the property to the Deals object, you should be able to build a report showing the number of deals in particular pipeline stage based on industry. Your milage may vary depending on the data your are looking for. 

Ed

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi. In order to accomplish this, you will need to add an Industry property with a defined dropdown list of choices. You will need to add this property to one of the three objects (Contacts /Companies / Deals) in order to report on it in the Reporting Add-On, depending on the nature of your report. Find out how to create a custom property here.

For example, if you add the property to the Deals object, you should be able to build a report showing the number of deals in particular pipeline stage based on industry. Your milage may vary depending on the data your are looking for. 

Ed

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
mattwhitney

SOLVE

this explains how to search deals by industry, but does not explain if we can auto-map the contact industry property onto the deal industry property. Do I need to do this manually? TIA

Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hmm, this may be possible with the CRM Reporting Add-On. Is this something you have access to? It's not something I believe is currently possible with the free CRM dashboards. 

0 Upvotes
jrplate
Participant

SOLVE

We have the Reporting Tool Add-on but haven't seen how to do it there. It seems to be more about how deal information is or is not tied to contact information. I've also tried using Zapier to Google Sheets but no luck there either.

0 Upvotes