Dashboards & Reporting

sklein
Participante

"New customer" report

resolver

Can anyone think of a way to ONLY show the first deal won by a new customer, without creating a new field saying "first deal" or similar? I'm trying to figure out the logic to include only the first deal closed per customer in a chart.

0 Me gusta
2 Soluciones aceptadas
himanshurauthan
Solución
Líder intelectual | Partner nivel Elite

"New customer" report

resolver

Hello @sklein 

You can use some of the contact properties for preparing a report. The properties are like:
Became a Customer Date
First Deal Created Date

These properties show up the dates for when a deal was created for the customer.

Thanks

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

MikeLawson
Solución
Colaborador

"New customer" report

resolver

@sklein 

You should be able to use that date to set up a chart. Here is what mine looks like!

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 11.11.28 AM.png

What does yours say, is the field grayed out?

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
6 Respuestas 6
himanshurauthan
Solución

"New customer" report

resolver

Hello @sklein 

You can use some of the contact properties for preparing a report. The properties are like:
Became a Customer Date
First Deal Created Date

These properties show up the dates for when a deal was created for the customer.

Thanks

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
sklein
Participante

"New customer" report

resolver

This so helpful. Thank you as I didn't even know this field existed. 

Follow up question:  I can't seem to use this field on a chart?  Ideally, I'd like to use Became a Customer Date on the X-axis, and a count of companies that became a customer in that period (month/quarter; however we group the date field) .  

0 Me gusta
MikeLawson
Solución
Colaborador

"New customer" report

resolver

@sklein 

You should be able to use that date to set up a chart. Here is what mine looks like!

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 11.11.28 AM.png

What does yours say, is the field grayed out?

0 Me gusta
sklein
Participante

"New customer" report

resolver

It was grayed out but then I used the same report in IE and it worked fine. (Genuinely, I likely just need to restart Chrome b/c I never use IE).  Thanks!

0 Me gusta
sklein
Participante

"New customer" report

resolver

How can I do this by COMPANY?  Count of contacts works as designed but my org deals with multiple contacts from the same company, and I want to treat each COMPANY as a "new customer"; not the individual contacts.

As a simple example, If Hubspot is a customer of mine, and my buyer moves to a different role; I now I have a new contact at Hubspot to buy my services.  The tool shouldn't consider that a new customer, but it currently does if I only use "Count of Contacts" based on "became a customer date" because my new contact will be associated with the new deal with Hubspot.

0 Me gusta
MikeLawson
Colaborador

"New customer" report

resolver

@sklein 

Thats a bit trickier, for some reason you can't access the history tracking from properties on the company level.

I haven't been able to produce this, best option may be to export a list of contacts that become customers in a given time period dump them to excel and run a unique on them.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

0 Me gusta