Dashboards & Reporting

drewspi
Contributor

"Created by" Deal Report

SOLVE

Once upon a time there was a handy little filter called, "Created by user ID" that has mysteriously dissappeared. Though tracking down the User ID took some digging, it allowed us to generate a deal report by the user that created deals on a monthly basis, not just by deal owner. Currently our SDRs are creating each deal, so we want to more easily report on this metric. 

Thanks in advance for any ideas from the community! 

Nope.Nope.

1 Accepted solution
lgil
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

"Created by" Deal Report

SOLVE

Hi @drewspi

I just wanted to let you know the Custom Report builder has now an option to create reports with the option "Created by user ID" :

Advanced_Builder-2.png

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
lgil
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

"Created by" Deal Report

SOLVE

Hi @drewspi

I just wanted to let you know the Custom Report builder has now an option to create reports with the option "Created by user ID" :

Advanced_Builder-2.png

0 Upvotes
FTrützschler

"Created by" Deal Report

SOLVE

Hi Igil,

sry but for some reason I can't repoduce your report. I can't choose the amount of deals that were created by users. The other thing is that users don't show up with their names but only with their Ids. Anyone with the same problem?

FTrtzschler_0-1657545338497.png

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
KMace
Participant

"Created by" Deal Report

SOLVE

WOOHOO! Thank you!!!

0 Upvotes
KMace
Participant

"Created by" Deal Report

SOLVE

This is still something that I think can be improved. In the filters it says "Select reps" and "Select teams". I would love to see those terms by clarified because I've come to learn that when you select reps you are selecting the Deal Owner, not the Deal Creator. The same goes for the team, you are selecting the team based on the Deal Owner, not the Deal Creator. 

The Created by user ID property can only be pulled into a report as a Selected Property in the Data section and can't be used as a filter. I need a report that will let me see what deals were created by specific users. This can be done with ticket creation, but not with deals.

StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

"Created by" Deal Report

SOLVE

Hi @drewspi,

I do not see that field or another one like it either. However, there may be a couple of workarounds/future fixes.

1. If your deals switch owners based on teams/departments/other similar reasons, you may be able to pull a report on "deal owner was ever any of xyz". I am assuming the SDRs would be the XYZ in this case?

If this is this case, I would suggest using custom HubSpot users. We use these for different departments/teams. For example, we are a university. So a contact would have a contact owner (student services) and Financial Aid Advisor (custom HubSpot user). 

2. For our tickets, I created a workaround for this same issue. Upon creation, I added a custom ticket property (Contact Owner Upon Creation). I then copy the contact owner (contacts) to Contact Owner Upon Creation (Tickets). You can then pull the reporting you need, going forth. 

3. You can export the property history for contact owners (deals) and use excel filtering and formulas to (hopefully) get the information you need.

If none of the above options, please provide more information on why the owners would have switched, and if they are in different teams, etc. I could then provide some more customized help. 🙂 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect