"Created by" Deal Report

SOLVE
drewspi
Contributor

Once upon a time there was a handy little filter called, "Created by user ID" that has mysteriously dissappeared. Though tracking down the User ID took some digging, it allowed us to generate a deal report by the user that created deals on a monthly basis, not just by deal owner. Currently our SDRs are creating each deal, so we want to more easily report on this metric. 

 

Thanks in advance for any ideas from the community! 

 

Nope.Nope.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

Hi @drewspi,

I do not see that field or another one like it either. However, there may be a couple of workarounds/future fixes.

 

1. If your deals switch owners based on teams/departments/other similar reasons, you may be able to pull a report on "deal owner was ever any of xyz". I am assuming the SDRs would be the XYZ in this case?

If this is this case, I would suggest using custom HubSpot users. We use these for different departments/teams. For example, we are a university. So a contact would have a contact owner (student services) and Financial Aid Advisor (custom HubSpot user). 

 

2. For our tickets, I created a workaround for this same issue. Upon creation, I added a custom ticket property (Contact Owner Upon Creation). I then copy the contact owner (contacts) to Contact Owner Upon Creation (Tickets). You can then pull the reporting you need, going forth. 

 

3. You can export the property history for contact owners (deals) and use excel filtering and formulas to (hopefully) get the information you need.

 

If none of the above options, please provide more information on why the owners would have switched, and if they are in different teams, etc. I could then provide some more customized help. 🙂 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

Hi @drewspi,

I do not see that field or another one like it either. However, there may be a couple of workarounds/future fixes.

 

1. If your deals switch owners based on teams/departments/other similar reasons, you may be able to pull a report on "deal owner was ever any of xyz". I am assuming the SDRs would be the XYZ in this case?

If this is this case, I would suggest using custom HubSpot users. We use these for different departments/teams. For example, we are a university. So a contact would have a contact owner (student services) and Financial Aid Advisor (custom HubSpot user). 

 

2. For our tickets, I created a workaround for this same issue. Upon creation, I added a custom ticket property (Contact Owner Upon Creation). I then copy the contact owner (contacts) to Contact Owner Upon Creation (Tickets). You can then pull the reporting you need, going forth. 

 

3. You can export the property history for contact owners (deals) and use excel filtering and formulas to (hopefully) get the information you need.

 

If none of the above options, please provide more information on why the owners would have switched, and if they are in different teams, etc. I could then provide some more customized help. 🙂 

View solution in original post